It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret panel can put Americans on "kill list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Secret panel can put Americans on "kill list

www.reuters.com

American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions, according to officials.
There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House's National Security Council, several current and former officials said. Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Terrorists declared war on America long ago - they chose to wage war on us and we must respond to the challenge by destroying them every chance we get. The terrorists waging war against America that are American citizens are a greater danger to America than most other terrorists because of their access to every target in America. Killing terrorists ensures that no Americans will be held hostage by terrorist groups hoping to free a captured terrorist - any American citizen that joins the terrorist groups is a traitor to America and deserves nothing better than to be shot down like a dog. To keep it simple - the best way to keep America safe from terrorism is to kill all the terrorists.
The downside is the panel and how they choose who is on the list. If you disagree with Government; what keeps them from putting any one of us on the list? ATS could be a target rich environment.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Terrorists do what they do in order to make a political statement and achieve some established goal. In the case in point, that is, the Al Qaeda, all that they want is that America gets out of Middle East. The best way to stop terrorism is doing exactly that, getting out of Middle East. Killing people only breeds even more terrorism.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

So we have a panel that answers to no one, and keeps no records, and decides who lives or dies,
American or not? I don't have a problem with taking out a terrorist overseas or even on American soil if they have spoken out in their own words to attack us. What I have a problem with is this panel answers basically to no one and keeps no records or at least records that no one will every see.
The problem truly lies in the question: Who really decides what and who a terrorist is? The government? They do the killing don't they? So if a someone gets a little aggressive in Occupy NY; Will the government declare them a terrorists and mark them as a target for elimation? Citizen or not? Where does all this stupidity come from?
DH

edit on 6-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Until a non terrorist is killed.... I don't care that this panel exists....

The people they have targetted so far have all been known terrorists.... there's been no secret that they wanted them dead, and they went out and killed them....

seriously, nothing wrong here, except the fact that these decisions should be made public after the order was fulfilled...
edit on 6-10-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah, this is BS on a level that should not be tolerated, yet no one seems to be upset about this the MSM seems to be ignoring the whole due process of the law angle that every US citizen deserves.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by Surfrat

So we have a panel that answers to no one, and keeps no records, and decides who lives or dies,
American or not? I don't have a problem with taking out a terrorist overseas or even on American soil if they have spoken out in their own words to attack us. What I have a problem with is this panel answers basically to no one and keeps no records or at least records that no one will every see.
The problem truly lies in the question: Who really decides what and who a terrorist is? The government? They do the killing don't they? So if a someone gets a little aggressive in Occupy NY; Will the government declare them a terrorists and mark them as a target for elimation? Citizen or not? Where does all this stupidity come from?
DH

I think that's what they have always been working towards. Basically anyone who disagrees with the government will be declared a terrorist.

In my opinion the most dangerous terrorists are those that wear suits, look respectable but continue to abuse the trust of the people they are supposed to serve.

The problem with giving carte blanche to a group who takes out terrorists is that they can always move the goal posts on what's the definition of a terrorist. Some may want to believe that it's only the 'evil' islamists they will target but one day it could be you and you'll have no defense against it because you condoned similar treatment of others.
edit on 6-10-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: ..

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by longtermprojectUntil a non terrorist is killed.... I don't care that this panel exists....
The people they have targetted so far have all been known terrorists.... there's been no secret that they wanted them dead, and they went out and killed them....
seriously, nothing wrong here, except the fact that these decisions should be made public after the order was fulfilled...
edit on 6-10-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

I will say the same thing I said in another discussion, in another place.

You have absolutely no evidence that the people killed were terrorists, except that your government, that lies to you often and blantantly, told you so. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Terrorism is not war and no one should be above or below the law. All should entitled to the due course of law...
This is wrong... It sounds like something out of nazi germany... What the hell is going on with the USA....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
So I suppose these people will be killed as well since they are deemed "terrorists"

Homeland Security Warns of Rise in Right-Wing Extremism
www.foxnews.com...

and returning soldiers are also a threat?
americaswatchtower.com...

Here is the original pdf that actually says these things, if you don't believe it....
www.wnd.com...

also, the whole debate/subject of death panels
www.pbs.org...
edit on 6-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
This was already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

except without the rant supporting state sponsored assassination

Originally posted by Surfrat

Terrorists declared war on America long ago - they chose to wage war on us and we must respond to the challenge by destroying them every chance we get. The terrorists waging war against America that are American citizens are a greater danger to America than most other terrorists because of their access to every target in America. Killing terrorists ensures that no Americans will be held hostage by terrorist groups hoping to free a captured terrorist - any American citizen that joins the terrorist groups is a traitor to America and deserves nothing better than to be shot down like a dog. To keep it simple - the best way to keep America safe from terrorism is to kill all the terrorists...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Please contribute further comments to the thread already exsiting here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join