It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friends nightmares, searching for any kind of interpretation...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Heres the conversation...

My friend:
For the past three nights, I've had some pretty bad nightmares; two, back to back on each night. The nightmares just feel too real. Waking up with my heart racing and being SO goddamn thankful for being in my bed, for the fact that it was just a dream and not some absolutely horrible reality. This happens to me, every couple of months.
Amid these nightmares, there are interesting little details. There's all this symbolism that seems unimportant, but most often, they end up being omens of things that happen in waking life. I'm no psychic, by any means, its just fun to have very lightly prophetic dreams, from time to time. I usually don't realize until after the fact. I neglect to delve into the symbolism and extract the pieces that can help me avoid something. Even so, I like that feeling, after something happens in real life, when I can recall the abstract metaphor in my nightmare/dream for the exact thing that happened.
I found a shirt at the thrift store, the other day that I just had to have. For just 49 cents, I got a grey shirt with black letters on it. It read: Nightmare Gold, with the number 14 on the back. I guess that's some sort of sports team? What a strange name for a team!
Anyway, I'm both, delighted and afraid to go to sleep, but its about that time.

Only one of the nightmares is recurring. Its been happening for probably 2 years.
There's a lot going on with me, right now. I've got a lot of stuff to do and am working on, but I'm also going through a very transitional time in my life. Yesterday was my 4 month anniversary of sobriety, so yes, life is very different, which could be some of the cause of the nightmares. I also just have a very active and imaginative mind. Constantly daydreaming or coming up with ideas/schematics/templates​ for stuff. I'm also an over-worrier.
The symbolism runs the gamut. I'll message you sometimes, because I'm starting to really fade.

...so...any takers on whats going on???

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I believe most nightmares are caused by fear of something. I had vivid dreams of my city being destroyed by a nuke. I got my self prepared just in case and faced up to that fear. Never had any more of those dreams again. Instead i was having dreams about saving peoples lives. But not all dreams are about fear for example one dream i had i had a dream my teeth fell out. Well.. i just wasn't brushing teeth as much as i normally did. And then there are just random dreams which is your brain probably just organizing your memory. You need to figure out which dreams are important to you and which ones might be caused by something you fear. Thatsjust my personal take on it.. im no expert but good luck
edit on 6-10-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrChaos999

Maybe if you tell us what the dream is about we can give an opinion, at the moment you are just saying your friend is having nightmares, nothing strange about that.

Anyway welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi there

Any detail you could give about the dream would be fantastic, otherwise there isn't much to interpret.

new topics

top topics

join