It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how ECW would've worked!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is how ECW would've worked and would still be on today. First, when it came out it was handled with classic gold ability because people knew it over WCW and it wasn't a world power yet. It was because it was new, had it's own identity and it poked fun at Hulk Hogan and Macho Man, the two biggest wrestlers in the world. Anyway, it could come on Tuesday nights after WCW and be run the exact way that it was run.

Then when it got to the peak of it's popularity it is time to drop the torch. At some damn point Bobby Lashely would have to have been on the roster and have held the title at least one time. Then Sandman could turn bad and beat a couple guys and then Vince McMahon could appear on ECW with Bobby Lashely, now dressed in red and black with barbed wire on it and Vince McMahon could confront Sandman and tell him that he was going to have to fight the "Baddest ECW Champion ever".

Then they do the whole pay per view thing and Bobby Lashely wins the belt from Sandman. Then he appears on Raw the next night and Vince McMahon pats him on the back and says, "Hey Bobby Lashely! Now go run ECW". Then like WCW, Bobby Lashely takes ECW around the world.

There is no need to change leadership because Paul Heyman knows how to run a company better than Eric Bischoff. Now it's 2012 and ECW is a household name.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
first let me say im a original fan of ecw and i liked the last gen ecw for what it was but why bring this up have been there rumors last i heard tna was talking up heyman but things didnt work out

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I bring this up because there was an NWO post and I decided to make a wrestling topic. I stopped watching wrestling this year and will never watch that # again.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i feel ya man its gotten mundane but it is getting better cm punk was doing his thang but just wait when vince starts going broke he gets creative or maybe he is waiting for investors to pull so he can ow it all again

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineBeing

1. If the government took wrestling more seriously Vinny Mac would be charged with running a monopoly. He has bought pretty much every U.S. wrestling promotion out there.
2. Everything that WWF and WCW did was pretty much stolen from ECW.
3. ECW would never have worked with Vinny owning it.
4. Vince stripped ECW of everything that made it work until there was nothing :"Extreme" about it.
5. ECW was a fans company. Some fans became part of the show and chants of "ECW" were always being screamed by fans.
6. Paul Heyman has problems but he was one of the best wrestling writers out there.
7. There's also rumors that Paul Heyman is not a big fan of Vince McMahon these days.

TyrC!

top topics

join