It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs Dies: Apple Chief Created Personal Computer, iPad, iPod

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Good point. While I was out smoking I realized something. You use a Mac to make ATS. I am a huge fan of ATS. I am a Mac fanboy
the horror.

I certainly don't know if all the accusations levied against the man are true. For now I'll stop being a pest and wish his family and friends the best.

Here is a little story I think you may enjoy.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Exactly. I wish everybody would stop worshipping the wrong kind of people!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Are you kidding, there's more worshiping/praising "what a great man, the world is a much sadder place now blahblah" posts than anything, there's one right above your post rofl.
edit on 6-10-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
Another example of the type of "great man" steve jobs was. www.reddit.com...

Keep blindly worshiping the rich and famous though, that's what got us in this screwed up materialistic world where the rich and powerful own everything in the first place. Gods have no power if you don't worship them. We got ourselves in this mess.

So far, I haven't seen anyone worshiping anybody. I see a thread as a tribute to a man who is no longer woth us, and happened to be influential. Unfortunately, the thread has been muddied by nay sayers. Can't we post a "Steve Jobs was the Devil" thread?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Steve Jobs can easily be compared to the Beatles. Both revolutionized something.

You're right, he revolutionized the corporate world by proving that Chinese worker extortion to perform work to meet goals for stolen projects can get you on the cover of Forbes. Then again, Bill Gates did it first. Woops...

Jobs actually gave many Americans the chance to become wealthy citizens and accomplished just that. He is an American icon.

Deal with it

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droolmouth

Breaking through the Cult Of Personality is hard to do for some people.

They can't accept that someone might have more flaws than good points.

My favorite inane statement is the "great people have great flaws" nonsense.

I'm sorry but a great flaw is still a great flaw, no matter how much money somebody made or what they brought to market.

I respect his skills as a marketing genius, I do not respect the man.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Droolmouth

Breaking through the Cult Of Personality is hard to do for some people.

They can't accept that someone might have more flaws than good points.

My favorite inane statement is the "great people have great flaws" nonsense.

I'm sorry but a great flaw is still a great flaw, no matter how much money somebody made or what they brought to market.

I respect his skills as a marketing genius, I do not respect the man.

While I'm not a bible thumper, nor do I believe in a religion, the bible offers many great quotes. I shall use the following one for this thread:

"If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Bottom line is, no one is perfect, and you should not judge those who are not perfect (when you yourself are not perfect). Hopefully someone will put you under a microscope when you die, and expose all of your faults as a human, rather than remember the life you tried to live.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

I can tell you right now I never disavowed a child of mine forcing her to live in poverty while I took private jets to Hawaii, and I never cheated a business partner. I also never made any of my employee's feel inferior to any other employee's or abused them in any way, and I never used 3rd world sweatshops as suppliers.

I have my flaws, no doubt about it, but compared to Jobs I'm a saint.

If you buy into the bible maybe you should read the part about false idols. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have thought Jobs was worthy of praise.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
too bad for SJ but death is part of life and true he was a crucial person of the last 20 years but apple has become evil in the way they treat customers and competition. perhaps now the hydra will grow a new head with more freedom in its eyes, or they will fall into monotony and lose sight of what made them grow this large in the first place.

I say RIP SJ but i cant wait to see what happens now.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Rest in peace Steve, you fought a hard battle. Pancreatic cancer, even if discovered early, is nearly impossible to overcome.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Are you kidding, there's more worshiping/praising "what a great man, the world is a much sadder place now blahblah" posts than anything, there's one right above your post rofl.

No, I am not kidding. Frankly I was hoping you were.... You actually care about the ratio of pro steve comments versus anti steve comments?

Here is the deal, I am just going off of what I have seen with my own eyes. I never said there were not pro steve comments, because there are.... But with my own eyes... if you actually care.... I have personally seen more anti steve comments.

So, hey, feel free to go tally up the pro and anti comments and let me know the ratio...But frankly, I don't think anyone really cares how many pro comments there are and how many anti comments there are...

But yeah. Be my guest. Hey, I hope you are right, actually!

edit on 6-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I can tell you right now I never disavowed a child of mine forcing her to live in poverty while I took private jets to Hawaii, and I never cheated a business partner. I also never made any of my employee's feel inferior to any other employee's or abused them in any way, and I never used 3rd world sweatshops as suppliers.

If you buy into the bible maybe you should read the part about false idols. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't have thought Jobs was worthy of praise.

He is not my idol, though I can accept the fact that he did many good things. You on the other hand, would just like to point out his flaws in a passive aggressive way.

So he didn't think he was her father at first, maybe he thought he was actually infertile and his girlfriend was sleeping around. The bottom line is this: She forgave him for that, he accepted her eventually, took care of her, and paid her way through Harvard. So if she can forgive him for that, why can't you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh wow.. this totally deserved a post on ATS?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wade989

Well, I don't know, but the 472 posts ( One of which is yours)and 41 flags, suggest that people seem to think it was a thread that should be started.

Hey, if you don't like the thread, no one is forcing you to post in here.

That said, the topic is Steve Jobs Died.... What say you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

"Mount Airy, Md.: Steve, I just finished reading your book, iWoz. Very interesting and enjoyable read! Thanks for doing this chat!

I guess the biggest surprise from the book for me was thinking it's a wonder you ever worked for Apple at all.

Steve Jobs cheated you out of several hundred dollars when you finished the side job for Atari. Many of us would have written Jobs off and never had anything to do with him after that. What was your thinking in deciding to forgive Steve Jobs for cheating you out of money?

Also, you initially told Markkula that you would not quit your job at HP. It took many of your friends, after a call from Steve Jobs, to talk you in to quitting HP and going to work full time for Apple. Have you ever thought of how your life would be different if you had stayed at HP?

Steve Wozniak: I'm glad I left HP. I wasn't going to ever let money or the promise of money run my life. I knew who I was. I had to ask HP to do the computer even though I'd built it on my own time. I wanted to work at HP forever because of how respected engineers were there. So I turned down the money to start Apple until a friend convinced me that I didn't have to RUN the company.

I tried to do many things in my life that I would have done without Apple. I wish I weren't even known to tell you the truth. I got my college degree under a fake name. I taught 5th grade for 7 years, something I'd always planned to do. I didn't let Apple's success take me in business directions.

I got into the internet early enough to secure a 3-letter dot-com, woz.com. But I see myself as a non-profit kind of person so I use woz.org instead. "

If Mr. Wozniak can forgive him, why can't you?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wade989

Stop it Mr. Gates. Your time will come.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ok, I admit, that made me laugh.

Speaking of Bill, I wonder if Bill has said anything about Steve yet. If so I have not heard anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

This is what Bill Gates said yesterday:

I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Same post as site admin. deleted.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks. I am watching that video right now.

Fitting words from an equally, if not more influential man.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join