It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koyaanisqatsi (the Hopi word for "Life out of ballance"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

An art-house circuit sensation, this feature-length documentary is visually arresting and possesses a clear, pro-environmental stance. Koyaanisqatsi is composed of nature imagery, manipulated in slow motion, double exposure or time lapse, juxtaposed with footage of humans' devastating environmental impact on the planet. The message of director Godfrey Reggio is clear: humans are destroying the planet, and all of human progress is pointlessly foolish.

here's the link to the full movie...
I like the imagery especially on days when I'm stuck in the office when I'd rather be outdoor...
I guess that means my life is Koyaanisqatsi

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
As a matter of fact, the whole trilogy is worth not only watching, but listening as well, Koyaanisquatsi, Powaqqatsi and Nagoyquatsi.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Oh, wow, thank you so much for this. I've been wanting to watch this for years now. I never thought to look on YouTube.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes, be sure to watch the trilogy. This on my all time top ten favorite movie list and everyone should watch. I shared this with my 9 year old autistic daughter in the middle of the night on New Years Eve thinking it would put her back to sleep. Fail...she was riveted! So proud.

The Phillip Glass music is beautiful as it is haunting.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
One, or possibly two part of this trilogy are also available on Netflix streaming.
It's in my queue...Gotta watch it...

and thank you for the Reminder

top topics

join