It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii Joins with Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I was driving through Hilo yesterday, a town of around 40,000 people on the Big Island.

Before you ask, no, it is not the island that Honolulu is on.

I was heartened to see people waving signs and protesting in solidarity with others around our nation who have come together to acknowledge that things have gone beyond what we should be accepting, and that perhaps the time has come to make our disagreements known.

Hilo is one of the most beautiful, laid-back cities that I have ever seen. The fact that people, even in such a place, are willing to protest and are aware that our country has been led down the wrong track speaks volumes. Even in paradise, people are losing there homes, their jobs, and their ability to pass on to their children a stable future.

Additional video: video.hawaiinewsdaily.com...

(Sorry, don't know how to embed that one).

Judging by some of the statements made in the videos, it would appear that many believe that what is occurring nation-wide is an important step, as well as an overdue prelude to a positive change in our country,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Very cool. I used to live in Pahoa.

Plan on going back that way soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
what. hawaii is a state.?

edit on 4-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

Glad to hear Hilo is participating. We were just visiting there, prior to the Occupy stuff starting. Nice town! This is very exciting, that so many folks are getting involved, even in Hawaii...!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Man if they are protesting in Hawaii then something must really be up.
Sit on the beach and sip mai thais or stand around waving a sign?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what. hawaii is a state.?

edit on 4-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Some would argue that it is not legally a state. That the vote was not a true act of self-determination as perscribed by the UN mandates, and we were illegally occupying hawaii to begin with and did not live up to our "sacred trusts and obligations" and it has been formally admitted and appologized for by the congresss and President...

... some take that appology to void the vote...

... so, aptly put... "what. hawaii is a state?"

ETA... I want with all my heart to make it to the big island before TSHTF....
edit on 5-10-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I am proud to see that the Hawai'ian delegation is online standing in solidarity with us all, like you stand with us we stand with you!

new topics

top topics

join