It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign Says GOP Blocking Jobs Bill--After Reid Blocks Jobs Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Deny hypocrisy!

Is the obama campaign so elitist, and do they also think nobody else can read or listen?

This is just an over the top example of obama playing partisan politics IMO.

Republican McConnell asks for a vote on the jobs bill and democrat Reid blocks it, but to obama it's the Republican's fault?

source

The Obama campaign sent out an email today asking supporters to urge Congress to at least vote on the president’s jobs bill almost immediately after Democratic majority leader Harry Reid blocked a vote on the bill in the Senate.

On the Senate floor today, Republican leader Mitch McConnell asked for unanimous consent to proceed on voting on the bill. Reid, who has struggled to find enough votes for the bill in the Democratic caucus, objected to the motion and killed the opportunity for a vote.

edit on 10/4/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This bill was never meant to come up for a vote. It's purpose was to have something to beat the GOP over the head with in next year's elections. I would love to see it come up for vote. i wonder how many Dems would vote for it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
His stupid bill won't do jack for this country, imo it should be shredded and thrown in a very big dumpster at the earliest possible time, along with his stupid healthcare BS!!!! Maybe the republican's have a better plan...I hope so, I am willing to listen but if theirs is crap, too...then maybe they need someone in the industry of jobs HR professionals to mediate a bill that actually WILL work.
edit on 4-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: err spelling gosh darn it too much spelling mistakes lately

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
LOL!

Obama, the worst poker player in history!

He just had his bluff called by Mitch McConnell.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Actually putting bickering on the side, the bill purpose is to maintain the jobs, no create ones without the stimulus states will either have to raise taxes to pay for teachers, unemployment benefits and police force,or unemployment numbers will increase, no a good thing for the party in the white house in election year, thats why the bill is needed to pass, to create a sense that is job creation.

Both parties will end up looking bad, the Democraps for increasing unemployment under their watch and the Republic rats for allowing this to happen.

The losers as usual is the tax payer and working poor.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What happened to, "if you love me, you gotta pass this Bill!" ??? Is Harry Reid and his Dem minions not feeling the love?

How many times did Dear Leader go on TV, in the last couple of weeks, "pass this..pass it now...pass the Bill..." For what? Has anybody read ObamaCare...do we know if this bipolar 'passing' is covered??? Oh wait, that's right...like the Jobs Bill; like mortgage regs; like ObamaCare...Federal officials are 'covered' by 'different' plans and rules.

The brinksmanship of Reid is pathetic...and still (not going off topic as it is all interwoven) NO 'lImpeach Obama" or ANY signage at "Occupy Wall Street" even mildly critical of Democrats. Makes me go "hmmmmmmm."

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
hey reid

your fearless leader said pass this bill bout 50 times already and

and right o guess reid doesnt love the current potus cant blame the dude

i sure as hell dont.

altho i will sure love when he gets voted out.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If the Dems won't touch it you know this garbage legislation aimed at vilifying the GOP as was mentioned earlier. There is a motive behind every move and its getting old. Meanwhile, nothing is getting accomplished yet again. The only thing I see is big talker, puffed out chest Obama ordering Congress to pass "His" bill. Enough of the charade Obama. You have no clout left. You squandered your clout within the first 2 years of landing your job. All of that hype and pomp has been completely thrown out the window. What a waste and an embarrassment.

Second verse same as the first...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

those dudes are playing chess always 15 to 20 moves ahead of everyone else

the sheep of this country and sitting there playing checkers and going "king me"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by jibeho

those dudes are playing chess always 15 to 20 moves ahead of everyone else

the sheep of this country and sitting there playing checkers and going "king me"

Especially the sheeple that are thinking, "Uh, I voted for them, so they have to be right. Right?"

Wrong. Hint: look around at what's happening.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
after Reid killed the vote.....

About ten minutes later, Jim Messina, Obama’s 2012 campaign manager, emailed this message to supporters:

President Obama is in Dallas today urging Americans who support the American Jobs Act to demand that Congress pass it already.

Though it's been nearly a month since he laid out this plan, House Republicans haven't acted to pass it. And House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is out there actually bragging that they won't even put the jobs package up for a vote -- ever.

It's not clear which part of the bill they now object to: building roads, hiring teachers, getting veterans back to work. They're willing to block the American Jobs Act -- and they think you won't do anything about it.

But here's something you can do: Find Republican members of Congress on Twitter, call them out, and demand they pass this bill....

So will the Obama campaign be asking its supporters to "call out" Harry Reid and "demand" he and Senate Democrats pass the bill?

They still can't get their stories straight !

Was this a simple mistake or a misunderstanding ?

OR, just sour grapes arrogance ?

I think many Dems opposed the bill ..... there lies the problem....

Many Dems are fearing for their very survival ..... not YOUR survival or YOUR job (that you don't have)

ETA: I don't think the "bill" will create any jobs anyway...
but it will produce some higher "bills" for you to pay !!!!

edit on Oct-04-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
and here's another gemstone....

again, Reid say no dice, no action.....

[color=limegreen]President Barack Obama told hundreds of community college students in Mesquite that the time for action is now.

He asked students at Eastfield College to reach out to their congressional leaders - by any means possible - and call on them to pass his $450 billion jobs bill. Obama tells Dallas students that it's time for action

The new jobs bill is

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Democraps do not want to pass the bill because the money have to come from already allocated budgets to other causes, like pork and none of the politicians like to get rid of their pet projects that are actually pay backs to their state backers and interest money.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Obama is #ing dirt. I wouldn't even flick a booger at that man.

TPers and right wingers, as a 'lefty' with a love for gun rights, I identify with your hatred for this piece of trash. Now if we can come to common ground about your worship for the elites, we can go places

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama is flopping around in an attempt to save his Presidency. He and Reid apparently don't get along even though Reid was a leader in getting Obama to run. Reid has been said to have made the comment that he doesn't work for Obama. I expect things to get bad before we see the end of the Obama Administration The closer he comes to losing the tighter the grip.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama is flopping around in an attempt to save his Presidency. He and Reid apparently don't get along even though Reid was a leader in getting Obama to run. Reid has been said to have made the comment that he doesn't work for Obama. I expect things to get bad before we see the end of the Obama Administration The closer he comes to losing the tighter the grip.

I tend to agree.

Reid seems to be distancing himself from O'blame-ah every chance he gets.

I live in Nevada, and many people who liked Reid a long time ago now are against him.
(unemployment is high in Las Vegas, and housing is down the drain)

He almost got voted out last year.

Many think the election here was rigged a little.....some questions about the ballot templates.
(and Reid's son was involved in the problems and accusations)

They are in a wild and rabid scramble to change their images.

Things sure did change when the Dems lost full control !

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is money already out there ready for one shovel ready job.

lets keep building the border fence along the mexican border

With 20,000 workers it would not take long to fence the complete the fence from sea to sea

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

They don't want that fence to be built, you can' miss out on all of the slave labor

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
reply to post by ANNED

They don't want that fence to be built, you can' miss out on all of the slave labor

they could easily get "around" (or under, or over
) that one ......

just issue "Obama-Waivers".....

edit on Oct-04-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
McConnell wins the headlines for today! Yay republicans!!

So, can I ask why you think Reid blocked it?

Maybe because it wasn't amended...or debated...you know, not 'shoved down our throats!'

The bill was going to be added as an amendment to S.1619 - Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act of 2011. Reid would like to actually debate the bill and possibly add an amendment to create a new tax rate for those making over a million dollars in take-home pay(that means after taxes and expenditures). Then pass it as a stand-alone.

McConnel demanded cloture, which means vote yes or no with zero debate. Which would effectively kill the bill in the house. Had the bill passed today it would've lost in the house and the bill would never become a law. That's what McConnel wants, that's not what Reid wants...that's why Reid blocked the vote.

Way to buy into the propoganda though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join