It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Cover-Up Confirmed by "Bordergate" Reporter! Whitehouse Furious for Not Complying!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+107 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The "Bordergate" story has been ardently followed and thoroughly reported by only one member of the traditional MSM, CBS News' D.C. "Investigative Correspondent" Sharyl Attkisson.
Gunrunning scandal uncovered at the ATF

Most recently, she revealed the existence of internal WH correspondence and DoJ briefing memos to AG Eric Holder that seem to indicate that he knew about the gun-running schemes across the South long before he told a Congressional committee that he only recently "first learned" of the ill-conceived project.
ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010

New Fast and Furious docs released by White House

Now, Attkisson reveals that Obama Whitehouse and DoJ officials have "strong-armed" and berated her for not following the same same tack as the New York Times, Washington Post and LA Times have: playing-down the story, outright ignoring it, or attacking the Congressional investigators with false stories.

Did the White House try to strong-arm a journalist in the wake of the Justice Department’s “Operation Fast and Furious” scandal? CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson says government leaders took a very aggressive tack following her revelations earlier this year.

On Tuesday’s Laura Ingraham Show, Attkisson said DOJ spokeswoman Tracy Schmaler and White House associate communications director Eric Schultz yelled and screamed at her over the story.

“The DOJ woman was just yelling at me,” Attkisson said. “The guy from the White House on Friday night literally screamed at me and cussed at me. Eric Schultz — oh, the person screaming was Tracy Schmaler. She was yelling, not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House.”

CBS reporter: White House, DOJ reps ‘yelled’ and ‘screamed’ at her over ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal

But, the most revealing, if not surprising, part of her recitation of events was the WH and DoJ officials' "justifications" for not cooperating and for cursing and yelling at her. The CBS reporter who has been almost singular in her pursuit of the story confirms the WH-orchestrated cover-up by the MSM:

Attkisson also said the DOJ and White House representatives complained that CBS was “unfair and biased” because it didn’t give the White House favorable coverage on the developing scandal.

“Is it sort of a drip, drip. And I’m certainly not the one to make the case for DOJ and White House about what I’m doing wrong,” she added. “They will tell you that I’m the only reporter, as they told me, that is not reasonable. They say The Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, The New York Times is reasonable I’m the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I’m unfair and biased by pursuing it.

CBS reporter: White House, DOJ reps ‘yelled’ and ‘screamed’ at her over ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal

Read "reasonable" as: "willing to down-play down the story."

Is this the beginning of the end, or something even bigger?

jw

edit on 4-10-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Giving you a bump here, thanks for posting this.

I'll be back later. Star and Flag!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Reasonable?

Sounds like someone is scared about too many facts getting revealed.

I hope they dig everything up. It's about time we had an impeachment.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
thankfully there is one person with the balls to keep seeing how high up the ladder this scandal goes. it doesn't take too much common sense to see everyone is trying to cover their butts, but kudos to this reporter for actively pursuing evidence of this.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A belly laugh at the convulsions DoJ an WH are having. Dam that feels good.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Should we not be a little bit concerned about an administration that believes failure to support the president is "unreasonable?"

Under this ideology, voting for anyone other than Obama is "unreasonable."

In some states, being "unreasonable" to authority is grounds for arrest and detention and psychiatric evaluation!

It is almost scary.

It damn-well should be, by the way.

jw
edit on 4-10-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Failure to obey a "reasonable request" from authority is also known (and punsihable) as "resisting arrest."

This man has gone mad, if he wasn't already.

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

it sets a very dangerous trend to be sure. few realize how dangerously close our country is to nazi germany conditions.

say something "out of line" according to the government? off to the prisons (read death camps) with the terrorist. we don't negotiate with terrorists, we don't give them trial, nor rights, because they don't deserve it!

those are the emerging principles of this new oligarchy.

edit on 4-10-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz
[more

say something "out of line" according to the government? off to the prisons (read death camps) with the terrorist. we don't negotiate with terrorists, we don't give them trial, nor rights, because they don't deserve it!

Apparently they just kill 'em too.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
been holding this one back.....

Being the only on born in AZ, I always questioned my parents as to why we moved here in the 80s. From what I knew, my dad was LAPD and my mom was a nurse in Los Angeles.

To make this story not drawn out, my dad was shot by three people while he was off duty. 4 bullets struck him, 1 in the head, 1 in the chest, 2 in the abdomen. These people were never caught when this happened in broad daylight.

Heres the twist.

I never knew what exactly he did until I became a young adult. Gun smuggling to mexican drug cartels goes deeper and farther back than most think.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sharyl Attkisson is a true truth seeker. Asking questions should never be feared if you are in the right. You know it seems to me they are spending a lot of time/energy protecting the individuals who sold bloodshed for cash.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype

To make this story not drawn out, ...

I never knew what exactly he did until I became a young adult. Gun smuggling to mexican drug cartels goes deeper and farther back than most think.

Please DO draw out this part.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by jdub297

it sets a very dangerous trend to be sure. few realize how dangerously close our country is to nazi germany conditions.

Note the Mussolini quote in my signature. I added it shortly after Obama had finished assuming effective control of the major housing/mortgage, insurance, banking and financial players in our economy, and was going on to healthcare and energy.

Obama has been a threat to America from his days as a failing "community organizer." Read his books (as I warned people here and elsewhere in 2008).

Great observation, but are we now too far down the road to do anything? I don't see much, short of impeachment, to halt the desperation-driven juggernaut. This is bad.

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Good post. Its refreshing to see one reporter still out there that believes in the truth. By her coming out into the open they can't have her assasinated now because america will know who did it and why and then she just became the first martyr in the second revolution and then washington's days will be numbered. When the military turns against the Fed's and they will because they took an oath to protect us, not the government, then whoever is running the show will get the ultimatum "leave or die". Yeah, killing this reporter could be the last worst mistake "they" would ever make.

Then again this could all be a conspiracy of it's own. Nowadays i wonder if i'm really awake anymore or if i'm stuck in some hallucinatory dream inside my padded cell at Riverbrook. S+F
edit on 4-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dezertdog

Apparently they just kill 'em too.

According to Holder's DoJ, an "enemy of the State" is justification for warrantless, trial-less, review-proof assassination.
This, from a guy who lies to and stonewalls Congress to cover-up Obama's plan to disarm the citizenry.

This is really bad.

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

Heres the twist.

Way back, I came across an article out of California that documented how the State Dept. had been funneling guns, armor and artillery to Mexico and Central America, knowing full well that it would end up being sold by their corrupt military to the cartels.

This program, too, had a catchy and then-relevant name. I think I might've posted a thread here on it. You could check my profile for early threads about US-Approved Gun Sales to Arms Cartels.

You might find your dad's story in there somewhere.

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Okay, so what legal recourse does this person have when being intimidated by the white house staff to down play a news story that may be derogatory towards the pres and govt.
This is certainly not the free press that we hear about in the flowery phrases of the politicians who beg borrow, steal, weazle, or buy their way into office solely for the graft which them flows like honey for every vote in the house.
This reporter needs to be backed up by letters to the white house and her paper....we need to support her with all the public kudos and praise that can be mustered.
We need to make it impossible for them to shut her up permanently......
I would not at this point put it past the administration to commit any number of crimes to keep the lid on this...
There could be some storm brewing here..........

PS this went on in Hoduras too....perhaps we need to look into that more closely as well.....anyone with fresh info?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

It makes me nervous to speak on this since someone attempted to kill him.

While there are pieces he left out, he was involved in operations to get U.S guns into Mexican cartels hands. Their reasoning was so the U.S. government could find who exactly was taking these guns and relay the info to the mexican government. The reason was to find which people were running the cartel and flowing drugs into the U.S. way before the actual War on Drugs

My dad did find it wrong and decided to leave his work. His last week, that attempt happened.

By the way, I know there is someone who by now thinks that I am full of it. I am only speaking the truth and you all have my word thats what this is.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Three scandals in three years.
That's gotta be a record.
Looks like the MSM are finally turning on Obama,.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

By the way, I know there is someone who by now thinks that I am full of it. I am only speaking the truth and you all have my word thats what this is.

Just curious, do you think that was just a cover story for the public's benefit? I mean the CIA has been caught, so to speak, bringing coc aine into the country. (Freeway Rickie Ross in L.A. and Barry Seal in Mena AR.) Why wouldn't they take their buddies some weapons to set up a monopoly and make some more cash for more black ops at the same time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join