It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1820 Revenge Sauce - Sarah's Preserves - Cape Town, South Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Okay, ATS'ers, I'm in a pickle here (no pun, since this is the food forums). I was lucky enough to have a bottle of 1820 Revenge Sauce given to me by a friend who had visited South Africa. It was the absolute BEST hot sauce I had ever tried. It wasn't Dave's Insanity hot, but it wasn't as weak as Tabasco sauce. As the little bear would say, it was "just right". I don't like hot sauce that has a strong vinegar taste, and this sauce was perfect. I've spent several hundred dollars buying various sauces available online, but I haven't found any that even compare. There are plenty of "good" sauces in the U.S., but ironically the best Mexican hot sauce is from South Africa. Go figure.

Now, the problem is, I've tried calling the telephone number on the side of the bottle, but I can't seem to ever get through. I've searched the internet, but only find reference to the manufacturer and sauce on a Halal site. I've contacted the Halal site, but they were unwilling to help.

So, if there are any ATS members in Cape Town, SA, can you please let me know if the 1820 Revenge Sauce is available there? The company is "Sarah's Preserves". I'd buy this stuff by the case...seriously.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'm gonna look out for it! The halaal guys will have the best sauce.
One of my new discoveries is Emilia's chutney - the original recipe of mrs. Balls.
Only in Cape Town though

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If you manage to find it, I can guarantee that it won't disappoint. It's great on any Mexican food. Too much good stuff from too far away! I can't wait for teleportation to become reality, because I'll be heading all over the world to try new stuff!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Hey there,

If this is what you are looking for, I believe these are their contact details.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's the correct company, but not the correct sauce. Like I said, I've tried calling their number, but for some reason it never connects. I call Europe all the time, and I've called other locations in SA with my anti-scamming hobby (talking to SAPS officers), but I can't seem to get a connection to these guys.

If I still have a photo of the bottle, I'll post it when I get home tonight.
edit on 4-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join