It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can your telescope do this? (News)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
ALMA radio telescope cost $1.35bn and lives in Chile
First image takes us 70 million light-years from Earth

ASTRONOMERS have gone to "one of the most extreme locations on Earth" in order to look far beyond it. The ALMA radio telescope is perched on Chile's exotic Chajnator plateau and cost $1.35 billion to construct - but the images it captures are priceless. The breathtaking photo (above) gives us a peek at the Antennae Galaxies in the constellation Corvus, a cool 70 million light-years from home. Amazingly, experts say the image quality will improve as the colossal telescope - consisting of 66 highly sophisticated antenna shields - moves out of the testing phase and into full operation. Read more: www.news.com.au...

The ALMA project was a joint venture between Europe, North America and East Asia, putting aside the space race to take us across the universe. "We went to one of the most extreme locations on Earth to build the world’s largest array of millimetre/submillimeter telescopes, having a level of technical sophistication that was merely a dream only a decade ago," US manager Mark McKinnon told The Daily Mail. "This truly is a great occasion." Read more: www.news.com.au...

Definitely a breathtaking picture! I honestly can't wait to see more of what this telescope can show! Bring on the full operation!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

And that my friend, is where the Transformers live.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
NICE PIC!

I didnt realise this telescope set was ready to use?

I hear they will add many many more for more focused pics etc!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have found 1 for £30 quid that can, look at these images on the page. i got to get 1 of these they are awesome, looks about as good as some of hubbles for 30 quid. i may be being sarcastic, i think there are a few inconsistencies in this ad somewhere, it is more difficult to find some truth, may give some of you a laugh.

www.ebay.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Amazing....

Thanks for the pic....

Guess theres still those out there that think we are the ONLY ones....
and God talks to them individually....
and we are the chosen ones....
made in Gods image.....
we are silly and small....
God must be .....oops!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The media's failing to point out that the image being shown is a visible light + ALMA image. ALMA didn't do all that on its own, it just highlights the star-forming regions. Visible light data from another telescope (Hubble, according to National Geographic) was combined with ALMA to make the final image, and the visible light portion is arguably the most recognizable.
hubble image by itself:
www.spacetelescope.org...
ALMA by itself:
i.space.com...
Hubble + ALMA:
www.eso.org...
edit on 4-10-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by Violence

And that my friend, is where the Transformers live.

Not for much longer then, these breathtaking pictures are of two galaxies smashing into one another!

I hope our galaxy isn't on a collision course, that would leave a mark in the morning!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brommas
I have found 1 for £30 quid that can, look at these images on the page. i got to get 1 of these they are awesome, looks about as good as some of hubbles for 30 quid. i may be being sarcastic, i think there are a few inconsistencies in this ad somewhere, it is more difficult to find some truth, may give some of you a laugh.

www.ebay.co.uk...

Does anyone know enough about telescopes to say if this would be a good buy for general stargazing?

2nd

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

gonna try and post the pic.
edit on 10/4/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

gonna try and post the pic.
edit on 10/4/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

To use the proper, original meaning of the word, that is truly awesome!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Wow that is an incredible image! You can see the throat chakara as well! that is absolutely amazing..where can you get more information on this?

The Pineal gland is an awesome topic of conversation, its about the size and shape of an almond and resides in the perfect center of your brain. Its produces '___' ( dimethyltryptamine -an Indigenous chemical meaning-the natural chemicals inside your brain, neurotransmitters, messengers and hormones) and is responsible for other things as well like melatonin production. what your probably interested in knowing is that Rick Strassman, M.D. wrote an amazing book (which I highly recommend you start your journey with.)called '___' The Spirit Molecule about his research at the University of New Mexico's School of Medicine in Albuquerque where he was a tenured Associate Professor of Psychiatry. He associated the production of '___' during naturally occuring "psychedelic" states, including birth, death and near-death, and mystical experiences.
most importantly during REM sleep. That is when you are dreaming..

also in history its been represented as a pine cone. which you can see in some historical religious art, and the most prominent statue in front of the vatican is a huge pine cone.

its found in more than 80% of ecosystems throughout the world, yet its classified as a schedule I narcotic. the most illegal type of substance you can be caught with. but it cant kill you? and there is no risk of dependency?

in eastern cultures its understood to be the third eye that is actually very much like a physical eye in many ways.

its a portal into the afterlife!

shamans drink concoctions of psychedelics mostly containing '___' to master and experience a spiritual death/rebirth while obtaining healing abilities.

its much more active during childhood and gradually crystallizes during puberty. water flouridation among many other unwelcome contributing factors accelerate the calcification process.
The nazis were the first to flouridate the water to prevent civil unrest and promote passivity..the shut down of the pineal.

its our psychic gland Often connected to the forehead or 6th chakra which relates to
Clairvoyance, psychic abilities, imagination, dreaming.
we have hundreds of chakras and micro chakras but they are all interconnected.

Joe Rogan has a lot of great stuff to say in his youtube videos about '___' and makes it easy to understand.
I recommend that book as a start as well. also terence mckenna is a botanist who has written some amazing books..

To: Coyotepoet
"A few more interesting facts:

*Though pineal in the scientific usage comes from the Latin for "pine cone" pinea, linguistically it is almost identical to "P'nay El" or "the face of God", the name Jacob gave to the place he wrestled with the angel

*It is about the same shape and size of the filtrum (between your nose and lip) and is formed about the same time that the similar area is being formed leading some the theorize that the filtrum is the area from which the pineal is formed. "

thats interesting because the pineal is formed from the roof of your mouth at 49 days of development. when the soul meets body.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hubble image by itself:
www.spacetelescope.org...
ALMA by itself:
i.space.com...
Hubble + ALMA:
www.eso.org...
edit on 4-10-2011 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

sigh... thanks for those links! when I first read your post, I was a little bummed because you were playing down the cred of the image.. but when i checked out the two pics i was still amazed, thanks again!

top topics

join