It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penguin spotted on beach in Hampshire, UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
With all this talk of Wall Street, Anonymous, Obama, The end of the bloody world, ect, i thought i would post something different for a change.

I love penguins!

Day-trippers enjoying the heatwave on a Hampshire beach were stunned to spot a lost penguin frolicking in the waves. It's believed it was a jackass penguin which normally makes its home in South Africa, 6,000 miles away, reports The Sun. Visitors to Southsea beach, near Portsmouth, filmed the penguin diving in and out of the waves. Joanne Gordon, 35, of Aldershot, said: "I couldn't believe it when I saw it swimming around away just six foot from me." Earlier, the bird is said to have been seen waddling around the harbour to the surprise of onlookers.

Not sure how it got there! I doubt it would have travelled all the way from SA. I'm guessing it has escaped from the zoo. Just like in Madagascar
I would love to have seen this.

Souce

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Haha.! The "jackass" penguin from 6,000 miles away..

Cute little guy, i'd hang with him.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Aww snap!

Wish I was there. I'd be surfin' the waves with my waddling chum.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
HAHA, check this out;

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I hope the Penguin is ok. It's been spotted in one of the busiest sea ports in the UK.

If i was out in Southsea for the day, i'd have taken it home with me

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think this little guy is so darn cute..I would have loved to have seen him up close..I hope they are able to catch him and put the little guy someplace safe and give him some medical care if he needs it..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Awe I love penguins!

They are too cute.

I always say I don't trust people who don't like dolphins or penguins. I mean HOW can you not like either?!

new topics

top topics

join