It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Benton AR, prisoner "escapes" and drags himself to a local residence with a broken back

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This made the news yesterday in my state of Arkansas. A prisoner allegedly "picked" the lock on his cell door and "somehow" managed to make his way into the attic of the jailhouse and then apparently got ontop of the roof and made the drop off the 3 story building and broke his back and his ankles and somehow managed to drag himself to a local residence (with a broken back and broken ankles) where police found him.

Something stinks about this article i'm posting below, they don't put any of the details in other than he broke his ankles. My wife works with this man's sister and she said he only had 3 weeks left until he made his work release program and that he had problems with some of the prison gaurds and that some of them had animosity towards him. I find it pretty odd that this guy managed to drag himself to a local residence with a broken back and broken ankles. His sister says they have him so doped up he is in a coma and cannot tell what really happened to him.

washingtonexaminer.com...

Ask yourself this. Why on earth would a man with only 3 weeks left on his time try to escape from prison, and jump off a 3 story building and then be able to drag himself to someone's house when his back is broken in several places and with broken ankles. Either that's a miracle from God or someone is lying, a whole lot of someones. His sister says it wasn't in his character to try to escape. I was a correctional officer in my lower 20's and i can tell you for a fact that you have to have a certain key to be able to get out of those cells and they are magnetically locked and it would take several thousand pounds of pressure to force those doors open. That guy didn't make it out of his cell alone i can tell you that as a matter of fact. Ontop of having no type of rope or bedsheets tied together so he could make the drop closer to the ground where it would be safer. Seems to me like someone forced him to take a swan dive off the top of the building.

Something definately stinks here, and i smell a whiff of bacon in the air.
edit on 4-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


And people wonder why my first reaction is to cringe every time a fellow Arkansan makes the news...especially National news. There's rarely anything good that comes from it....



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I dont buy this cover story. There's too many lies going on by the MSM and the police are in on it.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


This is Arkansas...everything is run by local, good-ole-boys. It's about who you know, not what you know that gets you anywhere. So even if there were more behind it, I doubt the truth would ever see the light of day. Not being pessimistic, I'm just all too familiar with the whole "We don't wanna think about it, so we're just not gonna talk about it and maybe it'll go away"--mentality.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


This is Arkansas...everything is run by local, good-ole-boys. It's about who you know, not what you know that gets you anywhere. So even if there were more behind it, I doubt the truth would ever see the light of day. Not being pessimistic, I'm just all too familiar with the whole "We don't wanna think about it, so we're just not gonna talk about it and maybe it'll go away"--mentality.


Yep, thats pretty much how it is. In fact a few years ago i remember the police chief being force to resign in Benton after allegations of his good 'ole boy antics made it into the media.

There is so much corruption in the law enforcement profession nationwide it isn't even funny. I read this after seeing that incident at the occupy wall street protest where that cop maced a woman in the face who was just minding her own business and i can easily connect the dots.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The article says he only broke both ankles. Nothing about his back.

He also wasn't in the main prison, nor in a cell. He was in the work detail building.

He picked the lock on a closet which had roof access. He climbed up, jumped over the fence and broke both ankles on the landing. It isn't the first time someone has escaped from jail. It won't be the last.

Please get your facts straight before posting.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The article says he only broke both ankles. Nothing about his back.

He also wasn't in the main prison, nor in a cell. He was in the work detail building.

He picked the lock on a closet which had roof access. He climbed up, jumped over the fence and broke both ankles on the landing. It isn't the first time someone has escaped from jail. It won't be the last.

Please get your facts straight before posting.


The "facts" came from his sister who works with my wife, or did you not bother to even read the OP? My suggestion to you is to read the OP before posting a comment and avoid making yourself look dumb. This is a conspiracy post hurrr durr.
edit on 4-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Since I need to be on my way to school, I'll just make a short reply.

One of the following may have actually taken place.

A. After being in prison for 5 years the inmate realized he was not prepared to deal with society outside of prison.

B. The cops/inmates beat the %*&% out of him and tried to pass it off as a prison break.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Look stupid on a site like this? Is that possible?

Like most posts on this site you are going by heresay and not fact.

Here is some more fact. His file says that Orville D. Kelley was not eligible for any form of parole including work release until 9/6/2013.

Of course, that is now going to change because escaping from prison is a felony.

edit on 4-10-2011 by allenidaho because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Look stupid on a site like this? Is that possible?

Like most posts on this site you are going by heresay and not fact.

Here is some more fact. His file says that Orville D. Kelley was not eligible for any form of parole including work release until 9/6/2013.

Of course, that is now going to change because escaping from prison is a felony.

edit on 4-10-2011 by allenidaho because: (no reason given)


So you believe everything pigs tell you. Ok, so i guess the woman that was at OWS and got peppered sprayed in the face when she was just excersicing her constitutional right to a peaceful protest deserved what she got too huh
? And i bet you think police brutality is a myth too. I think i'll take this man's sister as a more credible source since my wife knows her pretty well.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Do whatever you want. It's a free country. I doubt the guy even has a sister.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Since I need to be on my way to school, I'll just make a short reply.

One of the following may have actually taken place.

A. After being in prison for 5 years the inmate realized he was not prepared to deal with society outside of prison.

B. The cops/inmates beat the %*&% out of him and tried to pass it off as a prison break.


Option B sounds more plausible, you would have to live in arkansas to understand this good 'ol boy system we have. Cops use their badges here to commit crimes and get away scot free because they can hide behind their badges and the court systems will take a corrupt cop's word over someone who has never even gotten so much as a speeding ticket in their whole life. I know of cops in North Little Rock that will confiscate drugs they find on other people and then turn around and resell them. I saw one harass one of my friends buddies that was smoking a J and the cop put him in the backseat and then put the joint in his own mouth and finished smoking it and then hauled him off to the station.



posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


TBH the Guards were probably going to rape him before he left. They told him so and he tried to escape.

That would make me want to escape jail , I can tell you that.



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sounds to me like this guy pissed someone off. Someone with a connection to the guards or lots of dough to buy the guards with. It is funny that there are not many witness to this event. I still dont get how he made it there with a broken back but who knows? Also if he has been kept doped up and cant tell what happen then how do they know for sure that he broke his back jumping off the prison roof? Or let me guess they are just "suspecting" that is what happend right?
edit on 5/10/2011 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
He wasn't about to get out of jail. He had served less than 1 year of a 5 year sentence. Wasn't going to be eligible for parole until 2013.



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join