It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia, Underground pipe LEAKING RADIOACTIVE WATER - Tuesday, 04 October, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yet another event. Wanted to pass this on. Anyone in the area have any additional information? More important, have those in the area heard about this?

Workers have identified an underground pipe leaking radioactive water beneath a nuclear power plant in Georgia. Southern Co. spokeswoman Amoi Geter said Monday that workers were in the process of determining whether that pipe below Plant Hatch in Baxley is the sole cause of a leak of radioactive tritium that was first discovered Wednesday. Tritium is a radioactive form of hydrogen that is created inside nuclear reactors. So far, the utility and state environmental officials say the water containing tritium has not spread beyond a small area on the grounds of the nuclear power plant. They say it is not a threat to the public. Southern Co. officials have said they hope to have the leak repaired early this week.

Source
edit on 4-10-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

They say it is not a threat to the public

We sure are lucky that not one single nuclear accident this year, and it's been a year filled with nuclear accidents, has posed any threat to the public....
Shame there isn't an independent nuclear watchdog to confirm this but I guess the public doesn't need one, not with the sterling work our beloved governments are doing in ensuring our safety...

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I live approx. 50 miles from Baxley.

Gonna see what I can find out today....

post again later

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, SnF

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

north or south?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I live in Savannah, GA which is roughly 65-75miles from Baxley,GA and I have heard nothing of this untill now. I will keep my eyes on the news tonight and do a little digging today and see if I can get any more info for you.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theoneofintrest

Waycross, GA here. My step-mother works at the baxley post office though. Gonna see what I can find out.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Hi Summer,

Listen to what they are saying.

At this time water has not leaked or spread. This is bull ony. First off when was the leak discoreved and how long has it been leaking.

Those are the million dollar questions.

Want me to prove it.

Perform this test.

Go to the hardware store and buy a water radon test kit.

Take a water sample and send it out to be tested. Have a friend or family member mail it from a state where it is far away from this mess.

Make sure you do not send it from your home as the lab analyzing it is in with the epa and report to the epa the results. Lies and more lies....

Once you send in your test via friend then you will really know if it is in the drinking water if your on well water. If your on state water coming from a local plant. Well you can do the same testing. Just make sure the test is sent out like it is a sample from not under EPA investigation test area.

This is the only way you may get a good result.

I work in a lab where i have access to all sorts of neat equipment. I sent out my water and had it tested but also tested it myself using a residual gas anaylzer and the stuff which I detected was scary. But on the other hand I have tested bottled water and that was loaded with all sorts of elements.

Not only that are you near any military installation.

If so you may also be worried about there storage tanks which have been sitting in the ground which for 10 of years were not tested and leaked into the ground water and polluted local ponds and lakes.

I recall in Ma. that a military base was leaking fuel into the ground for years. Now all the local ponds and ground water have been contaminated with percoplates from JP4 which is fuel for military aircraft.

If you can do this I bet you will get a call from the lab questioning the water and where it came from and when was it taken.

You want answers.
You want the truth.
Can you handle the truth?

Do this and if they call asking you all sorts of questions. You just got your answer. They will have to call if red flags are set off this is fact.

Good luck.

I have done this and sent out many sample request and it is worth the 25.99 that some comapnies charge. I will drink my RO filtered well water all day as it is the most safest I have found.

The public water is nasty. Why do you think it stinks of chlorine. Because they have to load it with chorine to kill all the parasites. What they dont tell you is your consuming all ther prescription drugs they are unable to remove from the waters.

Hows that cool aid taste?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Southeast ...Homerville. Good to meet some fellow swamp-rats lol.

Basically, all the info I can find so far is the same as the OP.
(nothing to see here...we got it....no problems...all under control)

And of course, the little glowing hands on my fossil watch is tritium...so I don't know.

Hopefully, they aren't lying.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by summer5

1 I work in a lab where i have access to all sorts of neat equipment.

2 Not only that are you near any military installation.

3 You want answers.
You want the truth.
Can you handle the truth?

4 Hows that cool aid taste?

1 so, lets say we sent a sample or four to you, along with a reasonable fee, so that you may enlighten us..

2 crap, man, theres like 6 within a hundred miles...dammit

3 that what we here for..

4 mine taste's pretty good...needs more aspartame

edit on 4-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: no need to be snarky,,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

The truth is out there. And the southerners are here. Thought I was an oddball in my area. Guess not

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

If you really must know.

Look at the decay time for it.

Look at the energy that it gives off in the decaying process.

en.wikipedia.org...

keV means Thousand electron volts.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

The only way you may possible filter it out would be with strong magnetic fields.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

WOW Rocky, that was an ear full! And quite scary information.

Perform this test. Go to the hardware store and buy a water radon test kit. Take a water sample and send it out to be tested. Have a friend or family member mail it from a state where it is far away from this mess. Make sure you do not send it from your home as the lab analyzing it is in with the epa and report to the epa the results. Lies and more lies....

I am not in that particular area that I posted in the OP. I sure would be curious to see if any member is and what the results would show if they followed your instructions. However, I would like to get my own well water tested.

Do you recommend the above procedure regardless of where you do the testing? Try to send it off to another state?

I work in a lab where i have access to all sorts of neat equipment. I sent out my water and had it tested but also tested it myself using a residual gas anaylzer and the stuff which I detected was scary. But on the other hand I have tested bottled water and that was loaded with all sorts of elements.

Can you share what kind of "elements" were found in the bottled water?

The public water is nasty. Why do you think it stinks of chlorine. Because they have to load it with chorine to kill all the parasites. What they dont tell you is your consuming all ther prescription drugs they are unable to remove from the waters.

I agree, public water is nasty. I have not had public water in a very long time. I use my well water, which I would like to have tested now that you bring all this up.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hi Summer; I am in northwest ga( approx. 35 miles from Atlanta) and haven't heard anything about this incident. Thanks for posting, will add any info that surfaces about it.

seeker

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here in Gainesville checking in. Thanks for posting this. I haven't heard a word until reading this thread. I will send off my radon test first to VA and have a relative send it off for me. Then I will report back what the results are. I already have a radon test kit sitting on my desk waiting to be used. I also have a one year old grandbaby in the house and praying that the testing all comes back good.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Please keep everyone updated....if I were in that area I would want to know what the test results show. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't show much.

For the rest of you that are in that area, I appreciate any updates you could provide...not so much for me, but for other ATS members in your area.

edit on 4-10-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join