It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bordergate" Eruption! New Docs include 2010 Holder briefings on "Fast & Furious"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Holder has long been known for taking shadt actions based on outside influences.

Freeh said Holder had made “terrible mistakes” and allowed himself “to be used” by then-President Bill Clinton in the pardoning of the fugitive financier. Freeh called the pardon a “corrupt act” but added that Holder did not bear chief responsibility for the decision.

“The [Clinton] White House went to extraordinary lengths to deceive the attorney general, myself, the Department of Justice and everyone about who was on the secret pardon list,” Freeh told the committee. “I don’t think it’s fair to put that blame totally on Eric Holder… He takes responsibility, and he will never make that mistake again.”

Freeh: Holder “used” by Clinton in Rich pardon

The real reason Bill Clinton pardoned Marc Rich

Holder is a willing "bag man" delivering the goods as he's ordered. Just depends on who placed the order.

jw

edit on 7-10-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Uh oh! It looks like the DoJ had a bit more access to info than they've let on.

Bordergate Update! AG's 2nd in Command Briefed in Detail of Operations!

As if there wasn't enough info coming from whistleblowers and Congress, it turns out Obama and Holder's Dept. of Justice are now coming forward with documentation of the extensive, and far-reaching, information provided officials at the highest levels of the dangerously misguided gun running operations in Arizona, Texas and Florida.

Documents recently turned over by the Justice Department to Congressional investigators indicate that then-Deputy Attorney General Gary Grindler received a detailed briefing on Fast and Furious more than a year and a half ago.
"Deputy Attorney General" is the Justice Department's No. 2 figure, directly under Attorney General Eric Holder.
Grindler moved from Deputy Attorney General to a spot as Holder's chief of staff last January.

The briefing Grindler attended was on March 12, 2010, six months into ATF's Operation Fast and Furious, which allowed thousands of weapons on the street in an attempt to track down Mexican drug cartels. Portions of the documents are redacted.

www.cbsnews.com...

Of course, the White House has tried to avoid the implication of knowledge about the program by claiming that these were merely cursory "FYI" notes given no specific attention.

Unfortunately for the Obama WH and DoJ, Holder's 2nd in Command took detailed notes which were included, in part, in the most recent document disclosure.

In handwritten notes about Fast and Furious that are not all legible, Grindler writes about "seizures in Mexico" and "links to cartel." He also noted "seizures in Mexico" on a map of Phoenix, the home base for Fast and Furious, and Mexico locations where some guns ended up. And Grindler made notations on a photograph of several dozen rifles.

Deputy AG received detailed Fast and Furious briefing

jw

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

It's funny how these authorities develop the arrogance to insult anybody and everybody,

and then actually have the nerve to ask for a dozen roses too !!!

Then, when they don't get the roses, they claim ignorance to downplay the whole deal

Perhaps tulips are more appropriate

I say Holder goes soon.

They need a time gap between now and next Novemeber.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Even more funny, Holder fires-off a letter castigating Congress for their wild accusations "against our front-line law enforcement," in a transparent and futile attempt to divert the focus away from him and onto the officers his office so easily used and treated like pawns to further their agenda.

Holder will not be able to divert their focus, it is gfar too late for that. Everyone in the investigation knows that
Holder used his field officers, perhaps even misled them, too, to get the end results he and his boss wanted - American guns killing on both sides of the border.

jw

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Now that Holder and the White House staff have tried their best to divert attention away from their roles and cover-up efforts, CNN's John King digs up an interview Barack Obama gave in March to CNN En Espanol where he discusses Fast and Furios, gun-running and Holder's investigation of the matter!

This was, of course, more than a month before Holder told Congress in May that he'd just learned about F&F "a few weeks ago."

How could he have had an on-going investigation in March, according to his boss, but just learned of the operation a few weeks before his testimony?

"John King USA"

Listen to this interview the president of the United States, not the attorney general, the president of the United States, had with CNN Espanol back in March.

BARACK OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: There have been problems, you know. I heard on the news about this story that -- Fast and Furious, where allegedly guns were being run into Mexico, and ATF knew about it, but didn't apprehend those who had sent it.

Eric Holder has -- the attorney general has been very clear that he knew nothing about this. We had assigned an I.G., inspector general, to investigate it. (END VIDEO CLIP)

KING: It begs the question, how did the president know about this in March, and how did the president know the attorney general knew nothing about this in march, when the attorney general says in May he just learned about it a couple weeks ago?

Obama Spoke About "Fast & Furious" Before Holder Claimed He Knew

Apparently, there is much more to the story about who knew what when than we've been told thus far.

jw

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Uh-oh! Seems the program that Holder didn't know about needed an extra push from the MSM to make it work.

Holder, DOJ manipulated press for favorable 'Fast and Furious' coverage

Attorney General Eric Holder’s Justice Department sought to manipulate reporters’ coverage of Operation Fast and Furious during the days preceding a November 1 Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, new emails obtained by The Daily Caller indicate.

DOJ, Eric Holder manipulated press for favorable ‘Fast and Furious’ coverage

Oh!

Who would've guessed that the AG would solicit MSM complicity in the cover-up of a program he didn't know existed?

Holder’s team didn’t answer any of the investigator’s questions. Instead, the Justice Department held the information and related documents until the night before Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer was scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Those documents showed Breuer was at least partially responsible for Fast and Furious. Breuer subsequently issued a statement apologizing for not stopping the ATF agents leading Fast and Furious from implementing the same failed tactics used in Operation Wide Receiver — information he confirmed he had in April 2010.

The DOJ selectively picked which news outlets received the leaked documents, and which documents were released.

Who would've guessed that Holder would selectively "publish" FOIA responses to the sycophant MSM, while stonewalling Congress and the American public?
edit on 15-11-2011 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
He's a slippery one alright.

OOOpps I guess my staff screwed up again !
Now what am I a gonna do?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Where are the new documents that "indicate" this? It is important to get the documents themselves. You don't rely on anyone else's interpretation when the documents should speak for themselves. Or, is it that maybe it's not as clear?

If I wrote an article that made this claim, then I'd expect my readers to investigate the source of my "indications."

Or maybe we should just take his word for it like so many other people do with their news? Mistake.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Sadly, the majority of Americans are willing to accept the status quo and the lies Barack Obama and his acolytes pass-off as fact to the credulous and diehard faithful.

In case you are unable to understand the quoted sources, maybe you can find an adult who can read this to you:

Attorney General Eric Holder’s Justice Department sought to manipulate reporters’ coverage of Operation Fast and Furious ... .

Progressives who profess ignorance of the obvious make it so much easier.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I read somewhere that those "Halloween" documents were not being released by the committee as of yet.

I think there are 600 or 700 documents.

The committee reports seem to be quoting some of the documents.

Perhaps some would not be released to the general public without censorship.

The committee may have some un-censored versions.

Hmmmm

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Sadly, the majority of Americans are willing to accept the status quo and the lies Barack Obama and his acolytes pass-off as fact to the credulous and diehard faithful.

In case you are unable to understand the quoted sources, maybe you can find an adult who can read this to you:

Attorney General Eric Holder’s Justice Department sought to manipulate reporters’ coverage of Operation Fast and Furious ... .

Progressives who profess ignorance of the obvious make it so much easier.

There are no documents given as sources. That is plainly obvious to anyone who can read. I suppose it's alright to just pretend you know what's going on. Wake up. The documents aren't there. That means you don't know what's in them.

"I have a statement to make, which is null since I can't show you the documents. Just take my word for it. I'd never lie to you."

R-E-A-D. There are no documents given as sources. Just gibberish statements you want to agree with.

No wonder this thread got so little attention. Quite deserving. It might as well have been a blog post written by a child.
edit on 16-11-2011 by daynight42 because: na

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

How sad.

When you determine to copy better-reasoned replies, please have your "progressive" attempt support.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
How about coming clean at the last minute?

The Obama administration today dropped another 1,300+ pages of docs today, including some that clearly show it lied in its earlier responses to Congress' requests for disclosure.

The Justice Department has provided Congress with 1,364 pages of documents detailing how the department gave inaccurate information to a U.S. senator in the controversy surrounding Operation Fast and Furious, the flawed law enforcement initiative aimed at dismantling major arms trafficking networks on the Southwest border.

In a letter last February to Charles Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee, the Justice Department said that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms had not knowingly allowed the sale of assault weapons to a straw purchaser and that the agency makes every effort to intercept weapons that have been purchased illegally. In connection with Operation Fast and Furious, both statements subsequently have turned out to be incorrect.

Justice Dept. details how it got statements wrong

How long will the lies continue?

jw

top topics

<< 1   >>

join