It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bordergate" Eruption! New Docs include 2010 Holder briefings on "Fast & Furious"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Although Obama and his DoJ have denied direct knowledge of the gun-walking program, and stonewalled document releases to Congress, newly discovered documents include briefing memos from Dep. A.G. Lanny Breuer to Eric Holder!

New documents indicate Attorney General Eric Holder was informed of Operation Fast and Furious and its investigative tactics in mid-2010.

The new documents show that on November 1, 2010, Deputy Attorney General Lanny Breuer, the chief of the Justice Department’s criminal division, personally informed Holder about the operation in a briefing. The document was a memo Breuer wrote to Holder saying in which he included a brief description of Operation Fast and Furious.

Another document is a July 2010 memo from the director of the National Drug Intelligence Center to Holder that details how “straw purchasers” — enabled by Operation Fast and Furious — were responsible for the purchase of 1,500 guns that were then supplied to Mexican drug cartels.

Reports: Documents show Holder was briefed on Fast and Furious in July 2010

For almost a year now, both Obama and the Attorney General have insisted they had no indication what was gpoing on; all while Mexican and American citizens were dying because of their program. Neither seemed to give a damn that American law enforcement officers' lives wee jeupardized by their scheme to support an anti-gun program in the US.

Holder was suspected of lying to Congress in May when he restified that he had only recently learned of the program.
Holder is now clearly imlicated in perjury before Congress.

In early May, Holder told House oversight committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa that he was “not sure of the exact date [he first learned of Fast and Furious], but I probably heard about Fast and Furious over the last few weeks.”

We know what the AG knew and when he knew it. How long before Obama gets drug further down?

As more documents come to light, the hole gets deeper for Holder, the DoJ and President Obama.

Another document released contained internal emails between several high-ranking Justice Department officials asking if Breuer would help with a then-forthcoming press conference on Fast and Furious because the number of guns DOJ and ATF officials allowed to be “walked” into Mexico was significant.

“It is not going to be any big surprise that a bunch of U.S. guns are being used in [Mexico], so I’m not sure how much grief we get for gun walking,” one high-ranking DOJ official wrote in an email.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So here we have more proof...As usual very little of this story in the MSM. I think (hope) this will eventually be covered more as this incident is a leaky sive that the gubbermint can't seem to stop... but I'm getting tired of waiting of it becoming as big as watergate....At least the NRA-ILA and a few patriot congressmen are all over this and show no signs of letting up.. Thanks for sharing this

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Okay, what happens to Holder? He's seen the briefings, he now has to say either he approved of them or he disapproved of them (or at least found them questionable).

If he disapproved, then how were they implemented? They must have been passed over Holder's objection. Who's got the muscle to do that?

Obama's only out is if Holder says he planned and executed it without informing the President. In that case, Obama kicks Holder loose and claims that he didn't know about it. (Holder doesn't have a job in 15 months anyway, so no loss.)

How does this play out?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This HAS to go right to the oval office!There is no doubt in my mind about that.....What were these guys thinking?
The gun grab in america thats what!They have never and will never give up trying to disarm the populace.
The gun rights you enjoy must be exercised fully as often as possible ir they will slip away a little at a time.
If the DOJ does not stand up to the whole responsibility then trhere will be no plausible denial for obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Okay, what happens to Holder? He's seen the briefings, he now has to say either he approved of them or he disapproved of them (or at least found them questionable).

He can say he was too busy cleaning out the prosecutions of the New Black Panthers and covering up anti-white voter intimidation to pay attention to gun running.

He was also working hard on his anti-2nd amendment campaign and documenting US rifles and handguns getting into the hands of criminals.

We forget that he amd Obama had other priorities that took up much of their time as they fought against gun ownership.

What? That was the most impoerant PART of the gun-runner programs? To show how US guns were involved in crime on both sides of the border?

No!

If he disapproved, then how were they implemented? They must have been passed over Holder's objection. Who's got the muscle to do that?

I can hear it now: "Mr. President, Lanny (Breuer, his chief deputy and "briefer"), please note my objection."

In unison: "Objection noted."

Obama: " Okay, we've got Florida, Texas and Arizona active; how much more do we need to get our people pissed-off about guns?"

Obama's only out is if Holder says he planned and executed it without informing the President. In that case, Obama kicks Holder loose and claims that he didn't know about it. (Holder doesn't have a job in 15 months anyway, so no loss.)

He can make a "recess appointment" during the coming Holidays for the newest Federal Court Judge, the Hon. Eric Holder to sit on a vacant Circuit Court of Appeals spot..

How does this play out?

The MSM (except a single CBS reporter who's getting buried by the network) will focus on the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations and the success of a single, gov't-financed alt energy program while they muckrake the leading GOP contenders and belittle the late-comers.

They're too busy to worry about "a Mexican problem" and the failed drug war.

jw
edit on 3-10-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This HAS to go right to the oval office!There is no doubt in my mind about that.....What were these guys thinking?
The gun grab in america thats what!They have never and will never give up trying to disarm the populace.

I think most people who first paid any attention to the gun running stings saw them for what they were, just as you describe.

The gun rights you enjoy must be exercised fully as often as possible or they will slip away a little at a time.
If the DOJ does not stand up to the whole responsibility then trhere will be no plausible denial for obama.

Remember, the two jurisdictions MOST opposed to gun rights are Chicago (Cook County), and Washington, D.C.

Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
so he didn't know huh?

Lets see who has some balls in congress. Take the investigation all the way to the top. Obama knows, why would Holder go off on his own with this scheme?

The president of the United States authorized a gun running operation to a known Mexican drug mob. If you or I did that, or even had knowledge of an operation, we'd be arrested on charges of a criminal conspiracy across the United States border.

this is complete madness. Everything reeks of filth
edit on 3-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiberLight
So here we have more proof...As usual very little of this story in the MSM. I think (hope) this will eventually be covered more as this incident is a leaky sive that the gubbermint can't seem to stop... but I'm getting tired of waiting of it becoming as big as watergate....At least the NRA-ILA and a few patriot congressmen are all over this and show no signs of letting up.. Thanks for sharing this

CBS has a reporter, Sharyl Atkisson, who's been pretty good at staying with the story. She just doesn't get any follow-up of assistance from the network, so hers is like a "token investigation" to silence critics, yet not threaten Obama.

Sharyl Attkisson Sharyl Attkisson is a CBS News investigative correspondent based in Washington. All of her stories, videos and blogs are available here.

Here's the latest in her series:
ATF Fast and Furious: New documents show Attorney General Eric Holder was briefed in July 2010

The series has been picked up by aggregators, but is largely ignored by the MSM and the CBS major correspondents, commenters and anchors.

jw

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
so he didn't know huh?

Lets see who has some balls in congress. Take the investigation all the way to the top. Obama knows, why would Holder go off on his own with this scheme?

Darrell Issa and Chuck Grassley and their staff attorneys are not letting go, but they are beginning to take hits from the NYT with false allegations and smear tactics. Hopefully, they'll tough it out. This should, indeed, go straight to the top Chicagoland thug-in-chief.

this is complete madness. Everything reeks of filth

There's very little of this administration that doesn't fit your description!

jw

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
holder was caught red handed and to sit there and lie!!!

hello? whats holders job aigan? think there is justice in this country?

not even close.

those dirtbags will get off thats why they are throwing all the little people under the bus to save their own butts.

take a good look america at the most ethical presidency in us history!

drain the swamp yeah right only way that will happen is if elenin strikes washington dc otherwise

more of the same.

no man is above the law that is unless your holder and the fearless leader "cant touch this" obama
edit on 3-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Is it a coincidence that incriminating DoJ docs somehow "leak out" while Holder tries to withhold them and stonemwall; and the DoE is simultaneously "leaking" docs about Solyndragate revealing greater Obama fundraiser participation and greater DoE/OMB doubts for programs that fostered two of Obama's prime objectives?

Could there be insiders wiyh regrets or consciences who see that their blind faith was misplaced and taken advantage of? Are we seeing secret internal defections from a hoodwinked corps (pronounced "coprse") who really care about the direction they see Obama taking the country?

One can only hope, I supppose. If they exist, Thank You!

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

i prefer your kind of hope

the hope that is the mother of all men that sustains in our darkest hours

and in our greatest time of need that nobility and not that facsimle that sits in the whitehouse and doj.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The CBS reporter who has been following this confirms the WH-orchestrated cover-up by the MSM:

Attkisson also said the DOJ and White House representatives complained that CBS was “unfair and biased” because it didn’t give the White House favorable coverage on the developing scandal.

“Is it sort of a drip, drip. And I’m certainly not the one to make the case for DOJ and White House about what I’m doing wrong,” she added. “They will tell you that I’m the only reporter, as they told me, that is not reasonable. They say The Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, The New York Times is reasonable I’m the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I’m unfair and biased by pursuing it.

CBS reporter: White House, DOJ reps ‘yelled’ and ‘screamed’ at her over ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal

Read "reasonable" as: "willing to down-play down the story."

I think they hear that train a-comin', it's comin' 'round the bend .... .

Oh boy!

jw

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm so happy this isnt going away.

I was watching Morning Joe the other day and somehow they started talking about deaths in Mexico.
Out of left field Scarborough began ranting about the mythical "gun-show loophole" and blaming Virginia for American guns landing in the hands of Mexican cartels.

I was screaming at the TV "Fast and Furious you idiot! Fast and Furious sending them by the crate load!"

And he's allegedly a news man. I guess when you only read the tripe they put on your queue sheet it's easy to be oblivious to your own government shipping crates of guns to mobsters and forcing straw sales to city gangsters.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Scarborough's vacuous obliviousness is just about the best, if not the only, reason to check-in - comic relief!

I've asked myself whether they actually pay this guy to be incompetent, or if he does it for free because he is so good at it!

Good for poor Sharyl Atkisson for sticking with this story, when it must irk her bosses and no one else is following up except aggregators and bloggers.

Could she be next year's Woodward and Bernstein?

Go Sharyl!
jw

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by neo96

The CBS reporter who has been following this confirms the WH-orchestrated cover-up by the MSM:

CBS reporter: White House, DOJ reps ‘yelled’ and ‘screamed’ at her over ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal

Read "reasonable" as: "willing to down-play down the story."

I think they hear that train a-comin', it's comin' 'round the bend .... .

Oh boy!

jw

and it's a big 'ol steam engine train .... just like Petticoat Junction

more noteable quotables from the article.

“The DOJ woman was just yelling at me,” Attkisson said. “The guy from the White House on Friday night literally screamed at me and cussed at me. Eric Schultz — oh, the person screaming was Tracy Schmaler. She was yelling, not screaming. And the person who screamed at me was Eric Schultz at the White House.”

I can hear the knees a jerk'n and the bones a break'n

Attkisson explained the vicious tongue-lashing:

“In between the yelling that I received from the Justice Department yesterday, the spokeswoman — who would not put anything in writing — I was asking for her explanation so there would be clarity and no confusion later over what had been said. She wouldn’t put anything in writing,” she said.

“So we talked on the phone and she said things such as ‘the question Holder answered was different than the one he asked.’ But the way he phrased it, he said very explicitly, ‘I probably heard about Fast and Furious for the first time over the last few weeks.’”

Does anyone think Holder, an accomplished attorney, has a "memory" problem?

Arrogance only works for so long .... THEN

does the White House and staff remind ya of The Shady Rest Hotel?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

and here is "Boulder Break'n" Holder's new theme song....

Eric, are you watching?

maybe sooner than later?

edit on Oct-06-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It might be more serious than you think.

This is much worse than you might think.

Secret panel can put Americans on "kill list'

American militants like Anwar al-Awlaki are placed on a kill or capture list by a secretive panel of senior government officials, which then informs the president of its decisions, according to officials.

There is no public record of the operations or decisions of the panel, which is a subset of the White House's National Security Council, several current and former officials said. Neither is there any law establishing its existence or setting out the rules by which it is supposed to operate.

www.reuters.com...

Not sure about this, but I think names are ranked on the list by the numbers of stars and flags.

Who's that over there, down the block?
Janet says we need to watch and tell, remember?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The shadow government has always been involved in these things.

What scares me the most is what we still don't know about and probably never wiil.

If we are finding out this much, how much is deep underground?

I wonder sometimes if the political scapegoats are the elected officials.

The un-elected people like advisors, consultants, contractors, etc are really running things.

And they are all paid for by a higher financial and power structure, and they seem to be permanent regardless of political parties in power.

The process involves "going through the National Security Council, then it eventually goes to the president, but the National Security Council does the investigation, they have lawyers, they review, they look at the situation, you have input from the military, and also, we make sure that we follow international law," Ruppersberger said.

well that makes me feel real good that they follow international law.....

lawyers making determinations for murder ????? wild, wild.

I think they have domestic lists also.

Wheeeew !

But some people think these actions are staged and the people may not even be real.....

MSM propaganda ??

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This article is suggesting racism at the Justice Dept !

of all the nerve.......

Clear-thinking citizens shocked by the Obama administration's unwillingness to prosecute members of the New Black Panther Party for voter intimidation only know part of a much bigger story.

Injustice: Exposing the Racial Agenda of the Obama Justice Department by J. Christian Adams paints the full picture behind the case along with fleshing out the legal atmosphere in which unequal treatment is the norm.

"The end result when racial extremists dominate such a powerful division of federal law enforcement is, in a word, lawlessness," he writes.

Attorney General Eric Holder may be the biggest player here, a man steeped in racial grievances that help explain both his actions and those of the subordinates. For Holder and company, it's too often "payback time" for past racial sins.

source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join