It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspot 1305 getting predictable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
While following the suns activities on a more regular bases since sunspot 1302 had an X-flare, it now looks as if sunspot 1305 has a distinctive pattern concerning the flares it is generating.

Last flare was 00:50 UTC which was measured M3.9. Looking at the GOES graphs, the interval between flares is steady in time and slightly growing in size.

By this measure, the next flare will happen at approx. 3:00 PM UTC. Will it be bigger as the M3.9? That's hard to tell of course, but I'll sure be monitoring it.

My default source for sun activities: www.solarham.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismir

Good Catch! S&F! I guess we'll just have to wait to see if the pattern continues to develop.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
it really looks like a patern has formed there. Lets hope a X flare doesn't go off because 1305 is pointed directly at earth right now... lets hope our satalites and power grid can hold up to a X flare

S&F for noticing and the early warning

Edit: 1 CME already earth bound due to hit Oct 4th. not sure what strength
edit on 2-10-2011 by nyancat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2011 by LightLightLight because: I retract my comment after further thought.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightLightLight
The sun rotates, so eventually 1302 will point away from the earth?

Actually spot 1302 has slightly been fallen apart into 3 spots and decreased in activity. Because of the suns rotation spot 1302 can now be found at the eastern limb of the sun.

The current activity however comes from spot 1305.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

After measuring more accurately (as far as accurate goes with measuring plotted graphs) I would say the next flare would be timed between 16:00 UTC and 16:20 UTC (Instead of the 15:00 UTC from my OP).

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Over an hour overdue and only an M1.3 from sunspot 1302 has taken place, so the pattern seems not to be continuing.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
NOW !!!....Anak Krakatau raised to highest alert status- quakes are now continous, warn officials

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismir
Over an hour overdue and only an M1.3 from sunspot 1302 has taken place, so the pattern seems not to be continuing.

Or alternatively, perhaps we are seeing a piece of a larger pattern - that has more complexity to it than we have yet seen.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabalsis1972
NOW !!!....Anak Krakatau raised to highest alert status- quakes are now continous, warn officials

Link please?
Thanks

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
heres something, going by google and gut, samlalsis get back up in here >_>

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lately things have seemed really tense, we are getting close to something big I think.
edit on 2-10-2011 by 4thhorsemen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

edit on 2-10-2011 by i8miceb4 because: boo boo

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

When checking out your new info on Anak Krakatau, just for *hits and giggles, I decided to stroll over to YVO and see whats happening at Yellowstone, I was shocked at what I seen. Appears that Yellowstone has gone almost completely silent, less than a dozen quakes shown for the week, I personally have never seen this happen. Here is the website I went to.

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Predictable - yes.

How so?

Sunspot forms, releases a few flares, ATS members go OH MY GOD WE ARE GOING TO DIE, nothing happens, sunspot dies out or tuns the limb.

Yep, predictable. Just like any other doom. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname

A doom blog waiting for the end, with a smattering of Christianity. I feel sorry for the blogger and the readers.

I'm so grateful for Elenin and the non-doom. I have been liberated from the sense of foreboding I've had since the Tohoku Quake and Tsunami.

new topics

top topics

join