It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest About 400 Protesters on Brooklyn Bridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

In a tense showdown above the East River, the police arrested about 400 demonstrators from the Occupy Wall Street protests who took to the roadway as they tried to cross the Brooklyn Bridge on Saturday afternoon.

The police did not immediately release precise arrest figures, but said it was the choice of those marchers that led to the swift enforcement.

Things came to a head shortly after 4 p.m., as the 1,500 or so marchers reached the foot of the Brooklyn-bound car lanes of the bridge, just east of City Hall. In their march north from an encampment at Zuccotti Park in lower Manhattan, they had stayed on the sidewalks – forming a long column of humanity penned in by officers on scooters.
cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com...

Seems like things are heating up. I had no idea it was getting this serious in NY.

What do people think will come of this? Could it change anything?

I'm sure if this movement get's bigger and bigger then they may be some kind of violent suppression of it, which could result in further outrage.
edit on 1-10-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They wear forced to cross it because police barricaded them in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Already covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think it is awesome. The Local Boise Idaho OW actually had 150 people show up. I was surprised! I wish I could join in the fun but with 4 kids under 7 I am not about to drag my kids around to a revolt.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Love it how gradually more and more people becomes aware of how bad the things are. The TPTB ´ll try to do anything that they can do in order to prevent this movement from reach a critical mass from there is no return point.
edit on 1-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
Already covered here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join