It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Live, People Praise God. Thousands Die, People Shrug it Off....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The biggest problem with the OP, and most people in general, is that they all think that death is this awful, horrible thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
The biggest problem with the OP, and most people in general, is that they all think that death is this awful, horrible thing.

If it isn't a horrible thing, saved lives are nothing to Praise about anyways. That wouldn't be the OPs problem, but even worse on the problem of the people he's describing.

The biggest problem, that the OP see's, is praising a deity for everything good and not connecting the deity to everything bad. Death is just the most common example.

"Hundreds die in accident, 1 survives. God is great that he let one live, praise him. Oh, all the others he didn't save? I'm not gonna think about that."

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

Originally posted by graphuto

If it isn't a horrible thing, saved lives are nothing to Praise about anyways. That wouldn't be the OPs problem, but even worse on the problem of the people he's describing.

The biggest problem, that the OP see's, is praising a deity for everything good and not connecting the deity to everything bad. Death is just the most common example.

"Hundreds die in accident, 1 survives. God is great that he let one live, praise him. Oh, all the others he didn't save? I'm not gonna think about that."

Exactly, thank you for that......I am not trying to be clever, it is just what I understand to be what I see and what I believe millions of others see also within praise and worship for doing only what appears the be the good things and not the bad......

<< 1   >>

join