It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Thousands upon thousands of OccupyWallSt protesters decend on NYC's 1st precinct

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

At Least 10k protesters gathered today 9/30/11 and many of them marched to Manhattan's 1st police precinct to protest police brutality.

A march is planned for tomorrow at 3pm, which is likely to attract thousands more.

+41 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That akward moment when you want to go to work, but your building is surrounded by 10,000 people that hate you...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

I wish I could be there. I live so far away and I have a court appearance I don't dare miss. It finally looks like things are getting geared up. I hope things go well and it gets something done.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This is such a great thing to see. People coming together and standing up for whats right. It just seems like it takes a push to get others involved.

link   
I wish I was there..I'd be peacefully protesting with the best of em

+3 more 
link   
I will just say that it's about time.

After watching the ME and then Europe, it's finally come to the place that needs it now more than ever.

Ok America, the World is watching...get up, stand up and DEMAND your rights. Or actually just a return of freedom for a start.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Awesome vids!! That 2nd one is amazing... So many people!!!

Ive been watching the live streams nonstop the past few days...

If anyone is interested, heres a Link to all of the live feeds all over the country

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I am totally in support of the Wall Protest but G*ddamm*t!! Why
do they sound like a brain dead cult? Chanting over and over again
like they really gave it up a long time ago and are just going thru
the motions. This # is creepy.

WTF!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Interesting this entire matter. Seems it is under-reported in the MSM and vastly over-hyped on the net. A total contrast---the majority offline havn't even heard of this, and folks online have heard of nothing else lately.

This is starting to look like nothing more than a social media driven excuse to miss work,IMO.
edit on 9/30/2011 by Clark Savage Jr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

What's actually happening is that they are not allowed to use megaphones so the crowd close to the speaker has to repeat every sentence the the speaker says so that others can hear.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Thanks, I wasn't aware so many cities were involved. i know NJ and Boston will start their own next week.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Looks like people learned something from Egypt, Libya, etc. A lot of people in the street CAN make a difference.

I'm excited to watch this grow, this could be it, and like Jude said, it's about time! The world is watching America.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Man thats awesome lots of peoples. I hope their message is heard. But next time tho I hope the dress up as storm troopers at least they would not have to worry so much about the pepper spray then. And imagine if you where on that bus looking down at that many storm troopers it would be time for new pants.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Haven't seen a whisper of this on our news here (Australia) that I've seen yet, and I watch a lot of news, that sh1ts me

'Bout time, you go guys!!
I don't reckon I'd walk into work through that either, but then I would never work in a place that thrives off the losses of others to survive. Every bit counts as far as I'm concerned and this kind of action does affect 'them', no matter what they say....keep it up

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Great to see how the movement is getting a momentun. Hope it grows. Hope as well some journalists are waking up now. It must be sad for the New Yorkers to have to the read the english "Guardian" to see what's happening in their city.

And I guess Mr Anthony Bologna (The Cop who likes to mace innocent girls) would hope he had holidays now.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Not to be the party pooper here but Im afraid the sheeple took some ten to twenty years too long to finally wake up.

What awaits us now is the question, the response from TPTB. But all of that depends on how big this thing will actually get and under which circumstances it will proceed, if it will at all. Give it a week or two.

If we assume it proceedes and keeps growing, violence is my biggest concern as the police brutality probably will grow as does the masses.

This could be the very move from the public that sparks the enforcement of the nwo with all that follows.

Interesting indeed, but playing with fire is really what we`re doing here since there is no way this growing mass wont start to encounter problems (ie police force) further down the lane. And what happens from that moment on is my concern.

Hope forethe best but prepare for the worst folks.

I honeslty dont see much change coming from this . at least not the change we are after.

As everything we do, this too is calculated and taken into consideration and plans on how to proceed are probably being discussed at this very moment.

Lets hope the giants dont crush us, but i honestly feel a bit .... a little too late and it will land us all in femas tents before we know what struck us.

Wait and see i guess is all we can do.

Keept it peaceful!

My two cents...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by darksky

Darksky, you mention a very important point: the non-violence.

It's really important that the movement stays non-violent. So far it is and I really hope it will stay that way.
Even when some cops start the violence, like Mr. Bologna.

It's sometimes really hard to keep the calm when you see fellow protestesters being maced and arrested for no reason at all. But it is mandadory.
When the movies go viral with some cops spraying and the people being peaceful this is a very strong statement.
As soon as one bottle or a fist flies, you' ll here them say, we needed to protect us, against violent portesters yad yadi ya...

As well a lot of officers keep their calm. In one of the Bologna Videos you see an officcers saying: "Please mam, move back, thank you mam." Asked like this, i would step back.
When the other guy comes, and says "Move to the f**ing sidewalk or you get arrested" (can be heard in another video) he is askin for trouble.

So i hope it stays peaceful on both sides. And it s looking good.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Why do they sound like a brain dead cult? Chanting over and over again
like they really gave it up a long time ago and are just going thru
the motions. This # is creepy.

Those are the Chants of Freedom, The Sound of Liberty. Your reaction is understandable since it's been many years from the last time it have been heard, it could be scary. Just need to "tune" yourself with it.

There is nothing wrong with this sound, and the louder it gets, the better. The silence is the problem.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yes We Can, Yes We Can, Yes We Can, Yes We Can..............oops
Wrong forum..........

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Unfortunately, there is no revolution without martyrs. Soon or later, all this will get to that stage. Remember our history.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join