It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance rant.. imaginary injuries.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I hate lying bastards who fabricate injuries to make a quick buck.

I had a minor bump about 3 months ago in my car. I ran into the back of another car at around 2-3 mph. silly mistake. the car in front had moved forward onto a roundabout and then stopped. I was behind it, looking to the right for traffic on the roundabout, set off myself and then saw the car in front had stopped, put my brakes on and ended up hitting the back of him. He was an idiot for stopping on the roundabout, but since I did go into the back of him it was technically my fault which I accepted straight away.

Minor damage to my car (bumper pushed in slightly, but it is the flimsy little peogeot 205), no damage at all to his car ( a merc). I offered to pay for any damage

Anyway now I receive a letter from his solicitor claiming for damages relating to back/neck pain!

Bull#!! You do NOT get whiplash at 2-3 mph. Any idiot can claim whiplash since there are NO physical symptoms which show up under examination. Doctors know it. Insurance companies know it, and lawyers know it. It's a classic insurance scam for dishonest people to grab a few quid.

So, Mr S*** M***** of Derbyshire, (the merc driver), I've let my insurance company know just how minor the accident was, and offered to appear in court to support their case should they challenge your phantom "whiplash" injury. the insurance company will be happy to fight it (they always are), so with any luck you'll be done for fraud, you greasy haired toe-rag.

rant over. I feel better for that.

[Edited on 12/9/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It is to bad people take advantage of the system. We learn from the system. Insurance is a scam, You must have it, You hardly every use it, when you do use it you get dropped, or your rates skyrocket.

[Edited on 13-9-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's because of people like this fake whiplash fiction and his
greedy attorney that cause our auto insurance rates to go up!

new topics

join