It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest Airlies: If you're gay don't fly with us!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So airport security staff are allowed to strip people, on the spot and in full view of everyone in the airport, play with their private parts with hundreds of people watching and this is considered in appropriate (an act that is G rated in comparison)?

And as a typical male... Personally, having two lovely women showing affection for each other on a plane, right in front of me, reeeealy isn't a problem..!!

edit on 10/2/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Well said.

People need to stop looking for ways to be offended. There are many who need to stop putting their "persecuted" sexual preferences on public exhibition just to upset sensibilities and so they can scream about injustice.

edit on 2-10-2011 by AntoniusBlock because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2011 by AntoniusBlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
i to am a lesbian woman and i was outraged by this1 yet in a LGBTI magazine they where said to be LGBTI freindly, its BS! discrimination all over! i would have went ballistic! i hope some sever action is taken by anti descrimination groups, peace and love xoox

Yet another knee-jerk reaction from someone who hasn't taken the time to read the article or the thread. Going by the responses from the lesbians in this thread and the behaviour of the women on the plane, it would be very easy to tar all lesbians with a very similar brush to the one being used to tar the airline. i.e. all lesbians are knee-jerk attention-seeking professional victims who think they should be able to do what they want, whenever they want, with no comeback.

Thankfully I have a few lesbian friends who show more intelligence and self-control than any I've come across here.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Sure this has been said, but it is my opinion as well.

If you are gay or straight, black or white, who cares, whatever, you cant be on a plane making out and going crazy with PDA, if that is in fact what was going on. If they were really showing a lot of PDA, then they deserved to get kicked off the plane.

People with chip on their shoulders are to fast to react and say its because of their skin color, sexual orientation, whatever.

Just be mature, and realize that maybe a plane ride is not the best place to make out. Seriously, you cant wait an hour to land and give your love a kiss?

Now, on the other hand, if they were not making out, and just gave a normal kiss on the lips, then that is a different story, and Southwest is then in trouble. But from what I read, they were making out.

DISCLAIMER: I have gay friends, black friends, redneck freiends, green friends..etc. etc.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I don't mind what they do. Seriously. It's still not natural, and I don't agree with it, but I won't stop them. We've been so desensitized in this country we think it's right or normal. It's not. Now I will tolerate it, as they are not breaking any laws. I will not go to any gay rights parades nor do I go to straight pride parades. Why, because I don't care. Instead of griping about someone keeping me down, I find ways to keep pissing excellence. I work around obstacles. I don't let people tell me what I can and can't do. So, instead of the word bigot, I'd use libertationalist. I would stand up for a gay guy if he was getting beat up. If two whites try to assault a black, I'm helping the black. If two blacks beat a white, I'm helping the white. It's sad though, I call it doing what's right. You call it bigot.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

How disingenuous of you. You know fine well that's not what I was calling bigoted so don't try to play the victim with me.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NEWclearMind
reply to post by Amadeo

I don't mind what they do. Seriously. It's still not natural, and I don't agree with it, but I won't stop them. We've been so desensitized in this country we think it's right or normal. It's not. Now I will tolerate it, as they are not breaking any laws. I will not go to any gay rights parades nor do I go to straight pride parades. Why, because I don't care. Instead of griping about someone keeping me down, I find ways to keep pissing excellence. I work around obstacles. I don't let people tell me what I can and can't do. So, instead of the word bigot, I'd use libertationalist. I would stand up for a gay guy if he was getting beat up. If two whites try to assault a black, I'm helping the black. If two blacks beat a white, I'm helping the white. It's sad though, I call it doing what's right. You call it bigot.

It's not enough that people tolerate their behavior, now they expect you to embrace their lifestyle. I treat people the way they treat me. Show me a little respect and courtesy, and I'll do likewise regardless of your skin color, gender, or sexual orientation. I'm not in the habit of issuing Free passes for others to infringe upon my rights regardless of how dumbed-down and overly tolerant our society has become. I'm glad I'm not alone in my struggle to preserve at least a few basic decencies NEWclearMind.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwing48

That's exactly what most of us have been saying in this thread anyway. Did you read it?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

That's exactly what most of us have been saying in this thread anyway. Did you read it?

reply to post by Amadeo

Yes, I read them all.. What about yourself? I don't think that's what MOST posters were saying in the thread. Many were criticizing the airline for trying to keep the flight "Family Friendly" or saying there was nothing inappropriate in their behavior. Please read the complete thread yourself before you attempt to chastise anyone.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Redwing48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Considering I've posted all over the thread, I think it should be pretty obvious to you that I have read it all. And chastise? You were asked a simple question so wind your neck in.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Considering I've posted all over the thread, I think it should be pretty obvious to you that I have read it all. And chastise? You were asked a simple question so wind your neck in.
Then I'd suggest you work on your reading comprehension skills before you comment on someone else's post..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It's not way off topic. Airlines have policies. If the policy is don't use profanity and avoid flight long make out sessions with your straight, gay, lesbian, or bi-sexual partner, and you don't like it, then don't fly.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
They were asked to mellow out. They then got riled up at the flight attendant. They SHOULD have been thrown off.

Had they cooled it and stopped when asked to and not fought with the flight attendant, they would have had no issue and would have flown.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mademyself1984

Not sure where you get that long make out sessions part. Also can you quote the policy?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by mademyself1984

Not sure where you get that long make out sessions part. Also can you quote the policy?

Nope. Can you? Why would I care to quote their policy? I fly and abide by their policies. I assume if I did something such as vehemently made out with a member of either sex, or shouted obscenities, they would ask me to stop, and I would understandably oblige. Again, you have the right to travel freely and safely abroad, sure. But you also reserve the right to travel a number of different ways, and if an Airline's policies irk you (the same policies they reserve the right to implement and enforce), then you can take your right to travel and utilize it somewhere else. Not sure why this is hard to understand?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
How is sexual orientation even part of this issue?

Seriously though, sexual orientation completely aside...

...kissing, making out, whatever... who the hell cares?

If you don't like it, don't look. It's that simple. Control freaks.

I'm not calling you "old-fashioned", I'm calling you "self absorbed" if you think that you have the right to tell people when and where to express their love for each other...

...given they aren't mounting and groping each other I really don't see how this is a problem that needs to be addressed with the "family family derpa derp" rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partisanity
How is sexual orientation even part of this issue?

Seriously though, sexual orientation completely aside...

...kissing, making out, whatever... who the hell cares?

If you don't like it, don't look. It's that simple. Control freaks.

I'm not calling you "old-fashioned", I'm calling you "self absorbed" if you think that you have the right to tell people when and where to express their love for each other...

...given they aren't mounting and groping each other I really don't see how this is a problem that needs to be addressed with the "family family derpa derp" rhetoric.

It's already been established that the kissing wasn't the issue. It was their language and behavior on the flight that got them thrown off...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join