It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Palin register as a Democrat and face Obama in the Democrat Primary?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Inquiring minds want to know. I've read a couple of articles (and here) (and here) where strategists have wondered if this is her plan. It would shock the world if she re-registered as a Democrat and then ran against Obama in the Democratic Primaries. It would cause Obama to spend money to defeat Palin in the primaries. And what if she were to actually beat Obama in the Democratic Primaries?

Can you imagine the 2012 Presidential Election: Palin vs. the GOP.

I doubt Obama will even make it to the primaries though. Once he faces the truth and figures out that he can't win due to plunging popularity and multiple scandals, I think he's going to bow out and decide not to run, which will open the door for the Hildebeast. This might be why he was recently playing golf with Slick Willy.

What are your thoughts? Palin vs. Obama in the Dem Primary? Or will Obama drop out of the race?
edit on 30-9-2011 by coastalite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

Please link those articles as this is the absolute stupidest thing I have heard in a long time and I want to ridicule the author(s)?

So the thinking is that Obama's base is so pissed that they would vote for (of all people) Palin in the primary? I just can't get my head around that logic at all.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That would be hilarious and a waste of money on Palins part.

But it would guarantee a GOP victory, regardless of who it is.

It may even get Hillary into the race, just to counter Palin.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
that is rediculous,... even if Palin registered democrat, what group of democrats would vote for palin instead of obama... that is the lamest thing i have read yet.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What? Are you serious? The democrats wouldn't let her within 1000-feet of a primary. Besides, do you honestly think democrats would vote for someone with ultraconservative views?

The answer to your question is such a resounding NO that I can not believe I am even replying to this thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Please link those articles as this is the absolute stupidest thing I have heard in a long time and I want to ridicule the author(s)?

So the thinking is that Obama's base is so pissed that they would vote for (of all people) Palin in the primary? I just can't get my head around that logic at all.

Peace

OK, I went back and supplied some links to articles in the OP that I read about this possible scenario. The idea is that republicans and independents would re-register as democrats and vote for her in the primary then they would switch back after the primary and vote accordingly in the presidential election.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by STEADFast
that is rediculous,... even if Palin registered democrat, what group of democrats would vote for palin instead of obama... that is the lamest thing i have read yet.

I know plenty of Dems here in Ohio who would vote for Palin if she ran on the DNC ticket. They're not happy with Obama, but they are loyal Dems and will if he is the only choice. (Sheeple)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pelosi would have a aneurism, Reid a Heart attack, Bawney Fwank a stroke and the rest would just commit mass suicide if Palin won the DNC ticket.

It would clean up half of congress...this could be a good thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Urg--"sheeple" is one of the most overused words on this site. Always being flung from one group to another.

And Palin doesn't stand a chance in either party. She knows it as well as I do, which is why she is milking the fame for as long as she can without taking on any real responsibility.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastalite
I've read a couple of articles where strategists have wondered if this is her plan.

I see no reference to any "strategist(s)" so maybe the blog author (conservative byte.com) thinks themselves a strategist.
I guess we call blogs "articles" nowadays. Srry for not giving you credit for the link.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
she would go no where... reallly ????????

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Sheeple is easier and quicker than typing, "The blind, leading the blind."

I agree with you though...Palin is milking it for all it's worth. She makes more money now than she ever would as Prez.

She's best get off that bus if she is going to run. Calis talking about moving up their primaries. That will change a whoooole lot in the GOP field. Not all can afford a primary at this time financially.

I just find this theory amusing.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

that is the most ridiculous premis I have ever heard.....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another

Originally posted by coastalite
I've read a couple of articles where strategists have wondered if this is her plan.

I see no reference to any "strategist(s)" so maybe the blog author (conservative byte.com) thinks themselves a strategist.
I guess we call blogs "articles" nowadays. Srry for not giving you credit for the link.

Peace

Forgive me, for I have used the word strategist when referring to a blogger. I guess a blogger can't be a strategist then? He is proposing a strategy, is he not?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Palin is fantastic, but a Dem, she is not.

And thank god for that.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Agreed.

For the first time in a while I'm excited to see where the GOP is going to go with their party. Mostly because there is a boat-load of crazy riding on that train.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
Palin is fantastic, but a Dem, she is not.

Yeah, but her being a Dem would only be a temporary political maneuver just for the primaries and 2012 election.

Besides, even if she had to keep the D by her name, she would be a DINO.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
who cares??? there's major protest in america right now

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Palin could run as an Independent and win. God forbid. But a Democrat? No chance.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
Palin could run as an Independent and win.

I doubt it.

As an Independent, she'd siphon votes away from the GOP's nominated candidate and hand the election over to Obama. Ross Perot all over again.

new topics

top topics

join