It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama does Target so we believe she's 'One of Us'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
www.examiner.com...

FLOTUS Michelle Obama was highly publicized for making a shopping trip to Target this week. The event was criticized for being planned-for-publicity and extremely uncharacteristic of the fairy tale life she lives in the White House.
Is she being unfairly picked on or is she really going to political extremes for the all-American, 'just one of us' image?

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What? Can't a woman just feel like going shopping?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

With an army of plain clothed secret service on our gov't dime and an AP photographer who just happened to be there to snap photos? Don't be a fool! When she feels like doing some serious shopping, this woman won't be headed to Target!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
She certainly did not look like she was trying to attract attention. She was wearing a hat and shades, and dressed casual, just like most other American women when they go shopping.

I think she just wanted to go into a department store like anyone else, and just shop. What is wrong with that?

She could certainly not enjoy herself if everyone recognized her and started gawking.... Give the lady a break. She just wanted a normal day for herself.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Don't you get it?
Step1: Michelle Obama does something (Or doesn't do something)
Step2: Outrage!

I hear she wore jewelery a week ago, that was almost as bad!
I personally am outraged at this.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

With an army of plain clothed secret service on our gov't dime and an AP photographer who just happened to be there to snap photos? Don't be a fool! When she feels like doing some serious shopping, this woman won't be headed to Target!

Name one president or first lady that has not gone out with out the secret service and lots of press stalking them in the past.... how long?

I am not a fool... That is just common sense. The president and his wife goes out with protection and the press often follows them.

What does that have to do with what store she chose to go to? Lot's of famous people shop at target actually. If you think that she would only shop at "rich" stores, clearly you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Don't you get it?
Step1: Michelle Obama does something (Or doesn't do something)
Step2: Outrage!

I hear she wore jewelery a week ago, that was almost as bad!
I personally am outraged at this.

Ah, yes....What could I have been thinking?

I hear she even works on her own garden!

I think that means she worships Satan.

edit on 30-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

I'd be convinced if she had done this the first month and every month since she bacame FLOTUS.
But she didn't.
Fail on her part.
*meh*
Who cares, though. Just another distraction from JOBS, and the ECONOMY and that little thing called UNEMPLOYMENT.

OP, nice job bringing it the attention it deserves and the blatent "playing" of the American populace.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

OP, nice job bringing it the attention it deserves and the blatent "playing" of the American populace.

What would you be thinking had she gone to Wal-mart?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Again, I could care less. She could be doing human sacrafices to the great spaghetti monster in the sky. It doesn't matter.
This? Obvious manipulation.

If she went out every month and did real people shopping, trying to be just a regular person, then I'd say, "yeah, she's ok".

But going shopping at Target, with a photographer, and secret service, during an election cycle?

I ain't buying it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

It's not that bad yet, Wally world is last resort.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

If she went out every month and did real people shopping, trying to be just a regular person, then I'd say, "yeah, she's ok".

Should I point out that, actually yes, she is known to try and do just that?
abcnews.go.com...
Nah, you just ignore that beezzer, and go on with being outraged, it's much more fun.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Should I point out that, actually yes, she is known to try and do just that?
abcnews.go.com...
Nah, you just ignore that beezzer, and go on with being outraged, it's much more fun.

Not outraged.
Hence the *meh* comment I made. Just more manipulation. She's not running for office, just trying to get her husband elected is all.
This all just media manipulation.

What's her take on the issues? If they are as poor as her husbands' then I'll be outraged.

Until then, I'll just save my "outrage" when they run out of croutons at the salad bar.

Or I'll wait to express my "outrage" *shakes fist* when they don't have grey poupon mustard.
Or maybe just contain my "outrage" until they decide to cancel Fringe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
She'll never be one of us, one of her outfits, can pay my rent, buy food and take me to the doctor. She's just pretending to be one of us.

She's not my problem, what is Obama doing for me ?
edit on 30-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Since when is Target considered a cheap place to shop?

Hit me up when they see her at a 99 cent store

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Remember after the bailouts, Obama said we all need to start "living between our means," she is shopping at Target to try to show they are too.. A couple years and a couple vacations too late but hey.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
She'll never be one of us, one of her outfits, can pay my rent, buy food and take me to the doctor. She's just pretending to be one of us.

What are you doing for yourself? The government isn't your mommy and daddy don't expect it to take care of you.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So, she's decided to be thrifty now after all her splurging on India and Paris trips...

But seriously, who doesn't like a trip to Target once in a while. I found some nice Christopher Radko Christmas dinnerwear one year. If she was getting bookbags for the kids, I'd respect that.
edit on 30-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Heartisblack

What are you doing for yourself? The government isn't your mommy and daddy don't expect it to take care of you.

I said that to prove a point, I know the government isn't mummy and daddy. He's supposed to be our president and all he's done is flush our economy down the toilet and go on vacations, isn't he supposed to be taking care of this country we have or is that just too much like right?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join