It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asia stocks fall in worst month since Oct. 2008, Europe set for worst quarter since 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
finance.yahoo.com...

HONG KONG (Reuters) - European stock index futures fell on Friday, putting shares there firmly on course to post their biggest quarterly decline since the months following the collapse of Lehman Brothers three years ago.

Asian equities also dropped, extending the worst monthly performance since the most volatile days of the global financial crisis in October 2008. Chinese shares racked up sharp losses amid fears of a property market correction.

Well, it wasnt a good month for the stock market. Worst since 2008. It looks like Europe may be set for the same to. European stocks just opened, so we will have to wait and watch what they do.

The main issues that have hurt the markets lately, is the slowing global economy, and the European debt crisis, and it dosent seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Fears of a spiraling European debt crisis and a slowing global economy that would hit Asian exports caused investors to slash their bets on risky assets in the September quarter.

Markets in Asia, considered by investors to have superior fundamentals compared with developed markets in the West, were not immune, with institutional investors continuing to hedge against further Asian currency weakness, including the yuan.

I thought gold was going to be steadily going higher, but it is hovering around $ 1,625 at the moment, while its highest was in the 1,900's not too long ago.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
For three years now I've been hearing about and expecting a second major financial crash, there were a lot of false alarms but I guess its pretty much at our doorstep now.

After watching the documentary "Collapse" I wonder how bad and how quickly things will unravel on all fronts once it really kicks off

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
2008 was 3 years ago... Is this REALLY an issue?

If this would have read "... since the Great Depression" it might be a problem, but...

Actually, let them fall I say. If it weren't for the stock market and people who think investing is actual "work", then 90% of the world wouldn't be miserable right now.
edit on 30-9-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

For three years now I've been hearing about and expecting a second major financial crash, there were a lot of false alarms but I guess its pretty much at our doorstep now.

Ive been hearing about it for around the same amount of time. The past couple months had some pretty big drops all over the world, but not a complete crash, yet. I to think that we are teetering on the edge of collapse at the moment, but we may be able to avoid it, but Im not too sure at the moment.

For the US, one of the most important things I will be watching for next week, is the monthly jobs report that will be out next Friday I believe. Last month, we had a 0 on job creation. If we go into the negative for this month, I doubt things will turn out pretty,

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The might be able to prolong the collapse still but not avoid it. There is absolutely no avoiding it eventually.

I can't believe my ears when I hear politicians and economists still being "hopeful of a global economic recovery and growth".... It's about time these murderers started telling the truth and warning the populace.

They are either outright lying or don't have enough brain power to know any better, neither would surprise me and both scare me.

"Growth" is now ramming it's head into that impenetrable steel wall of a finite planet and these media bastards and politicians are going to be beheaded in the streets for deliberately misleading everyone. I mean literally beheaded. There will be blood in the streets

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
reply to post by buni11687

these media bastards and politicians are going to be beheaded in the streets for deliberately misleading everyone. I mean literally beheaded. There will be blood in the streets

It's terrible of what you speak about but it's what needs to happen. There has to be some kind of accountability in wall street. You can't screw over the investors and think your getting away without punishment.

I don't want this to happen but the corruption is running so rampant these days there needs to be some kind of action. Beheading people in the streets would send a clear message to the overlords.

I do not condone this behavior. On the other hand, you know its wrong. Maybe the decision will be easier in the future when you know the penalty for screwing the people will be by death.

We know right and wrong.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It looks like it was the worst quarter for US stocks since the 08-09 crash to.

www.marketwatch.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) — U.S. stock losses accelerated in the final hour of trading Friday as worries over Europe’s debt trumped mixed economic data, closing a turbulent third quarter that counted as the worst for the major indexes since the depths of the financial crisis.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
2008 was 3 years ago... Is this REALLY an issue?

If this would have read "... since the Great Depression" it might be a problem, but...

Actually, let them fall I say. If it weren't for the stock market and people who think investing is actual "work", then 90% of the world wouldn't be miserable right now.
edit on 30-9-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

2008 was the start of the new depression although no one is calling it that because it exposes the political ideology that the government must throw money at favored (but highly corrupt) interest groups.

top topics

join