It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with these people who think believing in something different is evi?l...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ive read this over and over on this site. Apparently if you happen to find new age stuff interesting or if you actually happen to believe in it youre in bed with satan and youre going to hell. The people who say this are no different than people who say being gay is satanic or Islam is evil. Christianity (nor any other religion for that matter) is not the end-all-be-all of belief. There are billions of people out there who dont believe in what you believe. it doesnt meen theyre going to hell it just means theyre different.

Enough with the xenophobic view on beliefs. People have no choice in what feels right to them. Let them experience the universe in whatever way theyre soul feels is right. so long as it doesnt effect how somebody else experiences it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Never mind, this will drag into a debate.
edit on 29-9-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Just ignore them.

That works for me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Never mind, this will drag into a debate.

thats sad. it shouldnt be one. Its not right to hate people because they happen to have different beliefs. there shouldnt be a debate about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Caioneach

OP it is called being small minded...

I'm a "Christian"

But i'm into the occult all the same

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

OP it is called being small minded...

I'm a "Christian"

But i'm into the occult all the same

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In debates I'm often called stupid and I can't type so well nor am I eloquent enough to defend against character assassinations.That's what the bible says, and Christians who take it seriously believe that.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Just ignore them.

That works for me.

This ^

Don't try to discuss it with them.
You'll be left wanting those wasted hours of your life back.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The OP doth protest too much.

Bible says many will be blinded in the last days.

Rumors of peace but there will be no peace.

False prophets, false hopes, false faith.

Remember the Heavens Gate cult?

Remember KKK?

Remember the SS, the Nazi's?

Remember that science cannot bring peace to our world.

Allah will not save you, nor will Buddha or any of the others.

2012 or 2035 or 2200, nobody knows the date and time; do not be fooled.

Trust in him and be faithful and true.

Never forget that god loves you and is always there.

In Jesus' name, Amen.
edit on 29-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It's usually Extremists who think like this and there is not much you can do about it. Their own belief system leaves no room for debate or compromise - you either fully agree with them and are good, or you disagree with aspects of their beliefs and you are evil. It's a sad mindset to possess.
edit on 30/9/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caioneach

Enough with the xenophobic view on beliefs. People have no choice in what feels right to them. Let them experience the universe in whatever way theyre soul feels is right. so long as it doesnt effect how somebody else experiences it.

People do have a choice. Ever heard of a cognitive model? It goes like this:

Event - thought or belief - feeling - behavior.

There is a choice point between event and thought or belief. People do have a choice!

So just believe what you want to, and go with it, unless you really care what other people think, and why should you if your belief system is strong enough to support you? People don't have a choice when they get a horrific terminal disease, but you are lying to yourself if you don't think people have a choice about what they believe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
The OP doth protest too much.

Bible says many will be blinded in the last days.

Rumors of peace but there will be no peace.

False prophets, false hopes, false faith.

Remember the Heavens Gate cult?

Remember KKK?

Remember the SS, the Nazi's?

Remember that science cannot bring peace to our world.

Allah will not save you, nor will Buddha or any of the others.

2012 or 2035 or 2200, nobody knows the date and time; do not be fooled.

Trust in him and be faithful and true.

Never forget that god loves you and is always there.

In Jesus' name, Amen.
edit on 29-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Christians, Nazi's same #.

Christians think white people are better than everyone else. Don't argue, it's disgustingly true. The blacks and other races interpret it as man, but it does clearly draw lines of who's better. Just the same as the Nazi's

Christians hate homosexuals. So did the nazi's

Christians believe all other religions are going to go to hell unless they convert to christian. Nazi's believed any who followed another religion were scum too.

Basically if you aren't white and aren't straight, and or married. If you don't follow their rules. They hate you, you're going to hell and god hates you.

The only difference is the Nazi's took it one further and just killed everyone...... Bathe, in the knowledge that you are the freaking same you idiots. You've taken a truly beautiful religion and tainted it. The bible has been re written, translated into different languages, translated again and again and again and the true meaning was lost. The fact it was written by a man immediately makes it flawed. It's sick, how man has twisted his love into hate. He doesn't hate any of his children, and it isn't ANY of YOUR jobs to judge any soul. Only he may judge and he alone. Our heavenly Father is our father, he loves us all. White Black white yellow or brown. Gay straight Lesbian or Bisexual. He loves you all. You don't need the church to worship, in fact I believe everyone should worship god and love Jesus, and no one can tell them how they can do that, or that God or Jesus Doesn't like them. Know this, it is a sin to judge. Father wants you to treat all his children equal, and if you judge or curse or go as far as to spit on or harm them, you know you will pay dearly for it. Deep down you know you will pay.

Brothers and sisters a very cruel trick has been played on all of you. There may not be long for some of you, and others may have their whole lives ahead of them. No longer should you let them mislead you. If you like going to church, go to church but do not let them dare tell you who your father wants you to judge. How dare they speak for him. It disgusts me. Learn to love, and love now. Love everyone equally, only then will you become closer to him. Let Jesus into your heart, as your flesh and blood. The lords blood flows through our veins. Please don't allow yourselves to be mislead anymore. The one true commandment is to love. If you love your fellow man, and love god and jesus you will go to heaven. Do not hate, hate is an invention of man. Anger, jealously, violence these are all hurdles we must learn to overcome. Please, the more we love the closer we get. If we all Love, hate will lose. That's all I ask.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It is those who twist the Bible to their own viewpoints or don't even know enough about how their Bible became what it is. Where christianity began and the unholy reasons behind it. Those teachings are not Christ's. They are the Roman Catholics version of control and conversion of a bunch of upset pagans seeing their sacred beliefs removed one by one. Most are unaware of this and when they do find the historical evidence does exist they did indeed change God's word to suit their own purposes somehow it becomes a tool of deception used by Satan not a fact. Go ahead and believe whatever you want,it is your free choice to do so but when something is not fully investigated enough please refrain from telling those of us who seek answers elsewhere are going to burn in hell. The entire Bible is full of anti-christian behavior and a wrathful God.You all spend so much time looking for the Antichrist. Maybe what you are reading in this book that is missing so much is teaching you how to be as unchristlike as it gets?Millions have been killed in the name of this God but you criticize others for the same results a very mistranslated and edited book has caused? Highly doubtful Jesus approves.Yet those who seek enlightenment;love God and the universe itself are just under Satan's spell? New agers promote a message of peace,universal love and truth .Except for a few do not claim to be anything like a messiah. I just can't see the harm.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Your evil then.

I hear ya. Same old same old. People get scared of an irregularity. Their own pride(in their reality) causes them to both fear and then attack it.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'd feel sorry for them the same way I feel sorry for a gold fish forgetting it's existence every 6 seconds.

The truth is they have empty heads and obviously no semblance of a working mind.

I mean can you imagine being in the head of somebody like that? I don't think they really experience anything if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

People are ignorant, the majority are not willing to listen to different point of views, especially if it opposes their own.
Its all in perception, nothing is good nor bad, everything just is. We are what label.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If by "new age" you are referring to occultism, especially western occultism (Agrippa, Crowley, LaVey), then usually "extremists" have a good reason to suspect wrongdoing. Most of the texts deal in "spells" to be cast on others, or to directly manipulate them. Often by means of summoning "demons", beings or "spirits", etc.

So don't pretend like this sort of occultism or mysticism is just a "new age" philosophy, because it's not. It's ancient, dark arts, real or not, it implies manipulation and deceit. Now, if you're referring to some of the "teachings" that these texts and philosophies offer, which are more libertarian or freedom oriented, then fine, people have no reason to be 'harassing' you over 'being evil'.

You may read any grimoire, and book of 'spells', any literature or accounts whatsoever of the occult, and a quick cursory glance will reveal that it is over-saturated with deceptive practices, manipulation and outright calls to dark forces.
edit on 6-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Because, their beliefs say that your beliefs are evil. It's ignorant to call someone evil over that, but I understand it somewhat.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Fear of the unknown maybe?

This thread is in bed with the DEVIL!
jk

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join