It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New And Improved Email Newsletter from AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes that's right, we finally are launching our brand new, completely revised and re-tooled ATS Email Newsletter. If you want to continue to receive our newsletters, you'll need to subscribe to the new service.

Subscribe to the new ATS Newsletter Service

For those of you who were relying on keeping up with important topics you may have missed via our newsletter, I'm sure you've been wondering what's going on. Indeed, many of our contact-ATS emails over the past few weeks have been inquiring about the apparent lack of emails. Well... to put it simply, our own home-spun system has reached capacity and an unsustainable end-of-life.

Capacity: We have nearly 80,000 subscribers to our old email newsletter system, and that's a lot of emails for anyone. Our auxiliary server used for the emails was becoming overwhelmed with the size of our distribution list. It was beginning to take almost 24 hours to send all the emails.

End-Of-Life: If a company is sending out an email every second to thousands of addresses on the same email domain (hotmail.com, yahoo.com, gmail.com, etc.), there are several hoops one needs to jump through in order to not be classified as a spammer. And even more hoops if you want to classified as a "registered provider of email newsletters" for every possible ISP out there. It was simply becoming an unsustainable project for us.

But we know many people rely on our emails, so we searched for a viable alternative, and after an exhaustive review (and testing) of several providers, are working with MailChimp to manage our list and send the emails. They've already accomplished all the ground-work to run a clean CAN-SMAP compliant service such that our emails will reach their intended recipients. Their reputation and privacy policy also meets our standards.

However... even though MailChimps reputation is clean, and we have the utmost confidence in their technology and policies, we're not exporting our existing list to the new system. We've promised never to share personal information with a third party, and even though they protect that information as diligently as we do, we feel the most ethical thing to do is start over. Click the link below to begin receiving the new emails today:

Subscribe to the new ATS Newsletter Service

Click the thumbnail for an example of a recent email newsletter:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Excellent!

Very excited for this new tool
!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Sounds like a great way of keeping updated with current, news & topics!

I shall be subscribing.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Got this message when I tried to suscribe:

"Too many subscribe attempts for this email address. Please try again in about 5 minutes."

I only hit the button once.

I also used a different email than I had on record here - I think. I want this to go to my main email, that shouldn't matter, right?

****OK, it worked this time. I got 3 confirmations in my email inbox, I only replied to one

edit on 29-9-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

THANK-YOU!!! I have already signed up.
Now,I can retire the june 10th email I use
to log on here!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Excellent news!

Looking forward to having my subscription renewed. And I'm sure people really appreciate the fact that ATS still will not be sharing any personal information with 3rd parties (as was also the case in the old subscription service). In a time where everyone values their privacy, it's nice to know that ATS still honors their promise to the public.

Thanks SkepticOverlord

Johnny

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just subscribed...

Now I'm on THE LIST.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
subscribed.

Thanks ATS for the awesome service you give to your members!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Wonderful News! Signed up for the previous one, but never got it.
Now this says "click link in email we just sent" Never received email. tried twice. I understand there are probably
a few glitches, sol no big deal. I'll wait and try again in a few days.

Thank you for this wonderful FREE GIFT!

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Correction!

I just Got It!

Thanks Again!

Pax

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yey subscribed!!!

After putting wrong address in twice,I always wanna type goggle when I type google,weird!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
more newsletters to my email!!! god save the queen... i will have to wait and see who's on the marketplace ads? "buy gold!!" ???

top topics

join