It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
So if Christians are killed like they are persecuted like Christ in 2011 for Blasphemy under Islamic so called perfect law.
If riots break out based on someone who Might burn a Koran
Or Riots across the Islamic world because of a Cartoon drawing

What will happen when these people are given nuclear energy and long range Missiles?

You do the maths because it means the West will have to build more Mosques and be careful what they say about Islam like they do that anyway in case one is labelled racist.

No win no fee situation.

Just stupidity as the West is dumbed down to the slaughter.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I disagree. Do I personally believe in the Bible? Yes. However, there ARE parts of it that I DON'T follow to the letter. For example, Exodus 21:17- "Anyone who curses his father or his mother must be put to death". Now I clearly don't go around stoning people who use disrespectful (and fairly colorful) language to talk about their parents. Am I a hypocrite?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com... rld/2011/10/11/retrial-ordered-for-iranian-pastor-facing-death-sentence-for-christian-beliefs/

Retrial Ordered for Iranian Pastor Facing Death Sentence for Christian Beliefs

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Seems he may get a second chance. Hope this isn't just a show and he that he is set free.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Does this mean US/Israel will declare war on Iran killing thousand of civilians just to save this one man?

Saudi also follows same Sharia rulings,but we don't see any criticism against it?

I guess all is good until oil flows.
edit on 12-10-2011 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
the law about killing apostates (one who renounces a religion) comes from the qur'an and muhammad's examples. it makes no sense to say "the qur'an is our holy book, and muhammad is god's prophet" then reject the parts you don't like.

Don't renounce, just don't believe. There are people held hostage in the Christian cult to a lesser degree. If they renounce, they are shunned by family, friends, and colleagues. In this sense, religion is important to survival. If you can't beat them, join them. There is a law I'd like to break after work and on my days off. There is a chance I would lose a lot if I did. Most of us have to conform. Most of us break little rules. How can they tell if you don't believe as long as you are adhering to ritual? There's no test for belief.

Maybe you religious folks should consider rewriting your holy books so that you're not so conflicted. I hope you have better luck than we who want to change the laws of the land.
edit on 12-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

This is somewhat frustrating to me. There is A LOT of the bible we do not live by any longer.. it's called the Old Testament, which Jesus came to do away with. This is what bothered me so much about Obama's speech.. he did the same thing and quoted nothing but Old Testament scripture making the Christian faith seem ridiculous and impossible to live by and apply to our everyday lives and our laws as a country. If you've read and studied the entire bible for yourself you learn that the Old Testament is there for historical and prophetic purposes and it tells a very important story of the love God has for all of His children and how He sent Christ to live as one of us among us in this evil world we have created for ourselves. He experienced what it was like for us and the impossibility we face of ever living here and being sinless and perfect, so we have hope and forgiveness and the knowledge that we are imperfect and do not know all things but one day when we are no longer in this flesh on this Earth we will be made perfect

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join