It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Iranian Pastor Faces Execution for Refusing to Recant Christian Faith

www.foxnews.com

The lawyer of an Iranian pastor sentenced to death for refusing to renounce his Christian faith is hopeful an appeals court will acquit his client.

Attorney Mohammad Ali Dadkhah says he believes there's a "95 percent chance" of acquittal for 32-year-old Yusuf Naderkhani.

Dadkhah told The Associated Press on Thursday that he has appeared before the appeals court over the past four days and expects a ruling by the end of next week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In as much as the article states that a lesser sentence or maybe even an acquittal is possible. The fact remains that a Christian is being forced to deny his faith or forfeit his life.

The Christian pastor has stated that he never was a Muslim and was never a convert to Christianity but the Iranian ghost hunt for converts (the judge in question and the prosecutor) allege that due to his heritage he was Muslim, and therefore a convert! Hmm? Are they stating that because his family was formerly Muslim he therefore inherited the religion? Therefore any religion he has embraced from childhood is negated by this?

What would the Muslim community do if Christians decided to execute all Christian converts to Islam?
I have a funny feeling that they wouldn't just sit tight and say 'oh well, another one falls to the wayside'. A fatwa would be out within the hour against the perpetrators that's for sure. So why is it that us Christians are just idly standing by and saying nothing as this is going on?

Someone please clear this up for me......

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani is in our prayers and thoughts

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why does this keep happening when these are BOTH religions of ABRAHAM? May the LIGHT protect his soul and flesh and reflect upon his oppressors their deeds. SMH
GOD BLESS HIM.
edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Abrahamic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham[1] or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him.[2][3][4] They are one of the three major divisions in comparative religion, along with Indian religions (Dharmic) and East Asian religions (Taoic).

The three major Abrahamic religions are, in chronological order of founding, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Judaism regards itself as the religion of the descendants of Jacob,[n 1] a grandson of Abraham. It has a strictly unitary view of God, and the central holy book for almost all branches is the Hebrew Bible, as elucidated in the oral law. Christianity began as a sect of Judaism[n 2] in the 1st century CE and evolved into a separate religion—the Christian Church—with distinctive beliefs and practices. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, considered by almost all denominations to be divine, typically as one person of a Triune God.[n 3]

[color=gold]
LORD ENLIL (ANNUNAKI) INFLUENCED THESE 3 RELIGIONS. Wonder how the feels about their misguided behavior to the herd of EA... SMH --MIRROR--
[/COLOR]
edit on 9/29/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

why does his legal councel expect a " 95% probalinlity " that a higher court of the same judicial systerm - thus bound by the same laws - will overturn the lower court ?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
He should just go along with the demands until he can leave such an oppressive place. What's the big deal about pretending to be of a certain faith? Preachers do it all the time.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Alas, the "religion of peace" shows its true nature once again.

Except this time no one can blame these actions only on a bunch of radicals or terrorists.

This time it is state sponsored - and state condoned.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Until the relatively recent rise of the Islasmic religion, I often wondered how Revelation 20:4 could occur.

Revelation 20:4
King James Version (KJV)

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus,....."

The guillotine hasn't been an instrument of criminal justice for quite some time, although it seems to be making a come-back (as evidenced by some recent legislation).
I receive a magazine called Voice of The Martyrs and you might be surprised to find how "trendy" Christian persecution has become around the globe. If this man gets baptized, he'll have to leave the country.

That's some religion of peace and tolerance they have there. Convert to Islam or get beheaded, recant Christianity or get beheaded. I wondered why Islam seemed to be such a growing religion. Put a knife to people's throats and they'll tend to agree with you.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
He should just go along with the demands until he can leave such an oppressive place. What's the big deal about pretending to be of a certain faith? Preachers do it all the time.

Try reading. How exactly is he supposed to "leave" Iran after he's been executed??

The big deal is being true to oneself. Whether it's about religion, politics, etc. If people stood by their beliefs, instead of caving into political correctness, instead of wavering to peer pressure, perhaps our country wouldn't be quite the farce it has become.

edit on 29-9-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Just like in the religion of Islam believers are willing to die for their "Allah", Christians are taught according to the Bible Prophecy that during the End Times we will be persecuted for our beliefs and even forced to Deny Christ as the our Saviour or be murdered. In NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM will a TRUE Christian ever do that.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I like how you think

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The opinion that apostates should be killed is pretty widespread among middle-east muslims, often being held by majority of the population.

Religious extremists are the worst kind of people, IMHO.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
why doesnt the guy renounce his faith

for the simple fact that no man no government has to right to force him to

his belief is between him and his maker and noone else.

those of faith have always been tested and im sure the guy thinks this is a test of faith and charactrer and his belief system.

i dont have anything too nice to say about the iranian government and excuting the dude just becaue he believes in the father the son and the holy ghost and not muhammad?

well

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Amen to that. Anyone worthy of calling themselves a Christian would gladly take up the cross.

This pastor deserves our respect and is a shinning example of stubborn dissidence and strong moral character.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Nobody should be forced to recant their beliefs by the State.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If he is put to death,

don't forget to turn the other cheek christian folk...

What a crazy world, what a stupid world, I cannot make sense of any of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Nobody should be forced to recant their beliefs by the State.

It's their country and they can do what they want. What gives us the right to tell Iran what they should do? Nothing against you SLAYER69, but, it amazes me the number of people who stand up for Iran and tell us that the US should leave them alone and then something like this comes up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
it amazes me the number of people who stand up for Iran and tell us that the US should leave them alone and then something like this comes up.

Its wronge to force him to recant and SLAYER69 is right..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join