It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's amnesia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I really dont get it. We the 70% of people who come here on ATS want to know what is going to happen. Some say apocalypse, some say Nibiru impact or just a shift in consciousness through change of the vibration etc. But how can we decipher the future without knowing our past? Mathematics the main principle of the universe is simple. You collect the current number with the past one to get the next one. If we are on 2 to get to three we have to collect with 1 which is the previous number. 2+1 = 3, 3+2=5
I know i sound a little freaky but thats it. In order to realize whats coming in the future we have to decipher our past. And the point of my thread is to ask you: Why the ancient & lost civilzations forum is less and more less visited? Lets not forget our past there are all the answers. So people please come up with all your opinions about history, lets remember what happened in order to predict the future!
edit on 29/9/11 by Metaphysic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I really like this, I have been wondering why we have forgotten our past, is it just us in the west? The more I read about ancient people & writtings, just makes me wonder even more!. I was christened Catholic! went to Catholic schools & was taught not to question? the reason for being here! we are here to do God's will!...

Why? well in my school were we never taught about the Sumerians! for one. At school we were lead to believe the world's population started just a few thousand years ago.

I'm with you on this, The more hunt for information the more questions come up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I've always considered man to be a species with amnesia.

But as to your main question: why are the ancient civilization forums less and less visited? The answer is simple: there are no Hollywood immediate effects to discovering these civilizations or relics attributed to them.

Anthropology is a boring field, even more so if you don't acknowledge potentially "advanced" (at least, more so than modern researchers give them credit for) artifacts that throw all of the accepted research into disarray.

Instant gratification is God of man.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysic

I agree with your logic of "you must know your past to guess the future more accurately"... But the problem with the past, is that it fades out with time... The more time passes, the more traces of the past are erased... So with your mathematic analogy, it would be like if you have some of the numbers of the equations, but only some blury dots for some others... And since the past tends to erase itself with time, and not rewrite itself, the missing numbers won't magically appear suddenly...
Sure, you may sometimes dig out a few digits by recovering some ancient artefacts or writings, but you will never get the whole equation... and if you try to guess what the missing numbers are, you have more chances of screwing up your equation than solving it...

That's why I think at some point we should just let the past go, and look after the future....
Well, that's just my own opinion...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes, for people who are interested in conspiracies to ignore all those examples from the past would be wrong.
Few juicy example -
Nero and fires in Rome - some blamed Nero that he did it himself for financial reasons and used it as a reason to persecute Christians.
Caesar and war with Gaul/tribes - some say that Caesar himself initiated the conflicts in order to gain money and power, in the end the result was death of Roman republic and birth of empire.
On general note - end of Roman republic and all the political dirty games, elites,wars and populism involved is a must for anyone interested in conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysic

Very good point, sir.
Unfortunately, we have some very important pieces of that past being kept from us. So the "amnesia" is intentional. Just not on our part.

new topics

top topics

join