It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder-suicides on the rise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yet another murder-suicide!

I'm sick to death of hearing about these and everyone needs to get as ticked off as I am about this issue.

This poor little girl is the latest victim of this senseless and cowardly crime:
www.local10.com...

A judge is now deciding where a 5-year-old girl should go after witnessing the killings of her mother and her grandmother in their Sunrise home Sunday, as police release the emergency calls for help from the shootings.

She called 911 after seeing her father kill her mother, then grandmother, and, finally, shooting himself.
A man has come forward claiming to be her true biological father, but the child is going to be placed in foster care until a permanent home can be established.

When does it end? It seems as though every day we're hearing about murder-suicides.
I find it hard to believe that there aren't any warning signs.

I realize things are bad, but everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that everything is just temporary. Why throw away everything and cause permanent pain when it can all be avoided? Besides, if you've already decided to kill yourself, why take others with you? It's just stupid and unforgivable.

So, I'll say it right now -- If you're thinking/planning on committing a murder-suicide, get help NOW!
If you're thinking of committing suicide -- get help NOW!
If you know someone who appears to be on the verge of doing either of these, find them the help they need NOW!

Things always seem darkest before the light and you never know what might be around the corner that will change your life for the better.
But, once the lights go out, they're out forever.

Besides, nobody really knows where we go after death and committing either of these actions isn't going to take you anywhere nice. I can promise you this!
edit on 28-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I can't stand reading about these type of things. There is no more worthless P.O.S. than someone who needs to take people with them when they kill themselves. That poor little girl. It's sad enough that a person can get to the point where they believe suicide is their only option, but taking someone with them is absolutely cowardly and selfish.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think you should be a bit more careful about expressing your thoughts on this subject. Many people are touched by suicide and calling people cowardly in many cases is wrong. This is a very sensitive topic. Not all people who take their own lives do so because of 'hard times'.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Thanks for your comments!

I've been in the doldrums before. Not to the point of taking anyone with me, but I can say from personal experience that things do get better.

Life is like the tide with its highs and lows. Sometimes it brings tattered boots to the shore while other times it brings sand dollars.

If people would just wait to see what the next tide brings, they might be surprised.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
A murder-suicide!

I'm sick to death of hearing about these and everyone needs to get as ticked off as I am about this issue.

This poor little girl is the latest victim of this senseless and cowardly crime:
www.local10.com...

A judge is now deciding where a 5-year-old girl should go after witnessing the killings of her mother and her grandmother in their Sunrise home Sunday, as police release the emergency calls for help from the shootings.

She called 911 after seeing her father kill her mother, then grandmother, and, finally, shooting himself.
A man has come forward claiming to be her true biological father, but the child is going to be placed in foster care until a permanent home can be established.

When does it end? It seems as though every day we're hearing about murder-suicides.
I find it hard to believe that there aren't any warning signs.

I realize things are bad, but everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that everything is just temporary. Why throw away everything and cause permanent pain when it can all be avoided? Besides, if you've already decided to kill yourself, why take others with you? It's just stupid and unforgivable.

So, I'll say it right now -- If you're thinking/planning on committing a murder-suicide, get help NOW!
If you're thinking of committing suicide -- get help NOW!
If you know someone who appears to be on the verge of doing either of these, find them the help they need NOW!

Things always seem darkest before the light and you never know what might be around the corner that will change your life for the better.
But, once the lights go out, they're out forever.

Besides, nobody really knows where we go after death and committing either of these actions isn't going to take you anywhere nice. I can promise you this!

When you die you go into the grave and await Judgement Day, thats where you go. After that you either go to heaven or hell, according to your works and if you accept Christ as your savior.

As for suicides going to hell, nowhere in the bible does it say that. Once you are saved, you are saved. If you kill yourself you will answer to the Lord for removing yourself from this world before his task for you is completed. Death is just the beginning of the journey, life is the first half, death the second, but truly no one ever really dies. Your spirit and soul, what some people call your "energy" transforms and lives on.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You're right and I should clarify that I'm speaking of people who are only feeling sorry for themselves or angry at others. I'm not speaking of everyone who wants to commit suicide. Dr. Kavorkian is one of my heroes.

Thanks for pointing that out and persuading me to clarify.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is just another sad incident that never should have happened.

I do agree though that it may be too hasty to say that all suicides are cowardly. I used to have the same outlook, but I realized that sometimes people are overcome with emotion and circumstance. It is not our place to judge why people choose to end their life.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've saved a friend from suicide twice after both his parents killed himself within months of each other and left notes blaming him for their deaths. They were incredibly abusive towards him, and he was and still is such a nice guy.

I personally think committing suicide actually takes a great act of courage. You must be in such a bad place in your head and in your life if you honestly see no other way out of it than to end it. Knowing that a permanent end is coming.

Whats more cowardly than committing suicide? Murdering and killing yourself to avoid living with the repercussions, guilt and remorse if any.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Title is misleading. There is nothing cowardly about suicide. I definitely feel that this poor little girl needs sympathy, but to tie that topic to this huge one? Murder-Suicide is cowardly though. Still wrong, but still.

In the words of the Boomtown Rats:
"
And he can see no reasons
'Cos there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be show-ow-ow-ow-own?
"

Also, if someone knows they will die painfully by disease or quickly and painlessly by a lethal injection, which do you think they should take?
edit on 28-9-2011 by TheReasonableSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
edit on 28-9-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, I appreciate everyone offering comments, but I'll have to stick with cowardly and selfish to those who are jsut feeling sorry for themselves or thinking that nothing is ever going to improve.

My life has been a struggle and I wasn't provided with the best one when they were handing them out, but I know that I would cause much pain to those who do love me if I were to remove myself from this world.

Life is hard to face sometimes, but I have to say that running from it by ending it early is never the best choice.

If a person is that depressed that they want to kill themselves and/or someone else when they do it, they need to step up to the plate and ask for help. This is the strong thing to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Murder suicides are horrible acts that I dearly wish would never happen...Fine if you want to check yourself out but it is the height of wickedness to make that decision for someone else. Poor, poor little girl. She lost so much more than just her mother and grandmother that day.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
'murder-suicides' are very isolated cases, and have nothing to do with the vast majority of suicide cases.
i think you should change your thread title.

OK. Due to popular demand, I've changed the title.

I still don't believe that they are still isolated. I never used to hear about them, but now it's practically every day.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You know, I really hate these stories too...but something in me is happy that he did not kill that little girl. Unfortunately, she had to witness it

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I don't consider either murder or suicide to be "cowardly" acts. This kind of subjective judgment of another person's acts is pointless. Both suicide and murder are behaviors that are chosen as a result of a person using whatever rational means they have to select an appropriate and viable solution to their perceived problems. It has nothing to do with cowardice, and may in fact depend upon the person making the most courageous decision they can, given the circumstances as they perceive them.

The trick of course is, "as they perceive them." You could always hypothesize that any rational person is going to react in a specific way when they are placed in the same situation and are provided with the same facts. But no two rational people are ever alike, and even a determination of rationality is a subjective act.

If my boss is Satan, and the only way for me to save the world and myself from eternal damnation is to kill my boss and then myself, then it would only be rational to do that. You could say I was delusional and didn't have my facts straight, but there's no way for you to determine that other than by rough consensus, which also has a huge subjective component. The thing is, there's no way you could rationally argue that my perception of the situation -- my boss is Satan -- is inherently wrong, and that yours is right.

What is courage, after all? Confronting all odds and obstacles to persevere and do what's right? Isn't that what I'd be doing to kill my boss and then myself, in spite of all your doubts and attempts to stop me? Cowardice is seeing something that you know needs doing and being too afraid to do it. And a lot of times that just doesn't apply with suicide.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
He obviously felt wronged, went in there shot up those who he felt wronged him and then to escape punishment he then turns the gun on himself. I mean really, would you want to sit in jail/deathrow until you die for countless years? Although I don't see justification for doing this, I do see why someone would kill themselves after offing someone else.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Your words make much sense, but I still have to say that it takes a strong person to wait out their sadness, make the changes necessary, or get the help they need to bring their chin up and see things (sometimes) aren't as bad as they could be.

I'm not pushing medication per say. Sometimes we just need someone to talk to. Someone who can provide an unbiased view.

Most people have the ability to tell right from wrong. It takes strength to take the first step and get help for whatever you're feeling. It takes strength to believe that things are going to change for the better.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Very sad, I don't understand it but who does? That man obviously felt something strong enough inside him to feel like that was his only option. I do not agree with what he did, or his twisted logic - however I do not agree that everyone who commited suicide is a coward. Sometimes hard times don't end, things don't always get better, sometimes it just continues to get darker, humans can only take so much. I didn't read the entire article so I don't know what made him decide to do such a horrid thing or if anyone even knows but some people feel as if they have a legitimate reason to do the things they do. I agree that those people need help, but everyone who commits suicide isn't a looney and help isn't going to change their mind if their heart's set on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
In my opinion suicide is one thing, but taking the lives of other human beings has many more psychological implications. But I am not a psychiatrist, so again, I do not claim this as a certainty. What would possess any rational person to do something like this?

I wonder if it was premeditated. I always have a ton of questions after these types of occurrences. Some murders, as senseless as they are, can at least be understood. You can understand that someone was killed over a drug deal for instance, as horrible as it is, but you understand the reasoning, however skewed, nonetheless.

In this case I cannot find that understanding. I will do some more reading in a bit in an attempt to answer that question, but the bottom line is that this was senseless, as there is usually a logical way out that doesn't involve something this drastic and stupid, whatever the situation is.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It's not that simple. People have completely different methods of justification for the way they act. I am sure that someone could harshly judge you for things you have done. In the end it is none of our business to judge another person if they choose to take that route. It may seem selfish and in some cases it is....but its not our business.

All we can do is be compassionate for those left behind when someone does commit suicide.

<<   2 >>

join