It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Fishing: Rig a Stakeout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Stealth fishing is used when not only can you not just sit there with a pole in your hand... it's what to do you when you can leave no trace of you ever being there...

to start lets talk about hooks... or... you don't have one so now what???

You can make field-expedient fishhooks from pins, needles, wire, small nails, or any piece of metal. You
can also use wood, bone, coconut shell, thorns, flint, seashell, or tortoise shell. You can also make
fishhooks from any combination of these items...

To make a wooden hook, cut a piece of hardwood about 2.5 centimeters long and about 6 millimeters in
diameter to form the shank. Cut a notch in one end in which to place the point. Place the point (piece of
bone, wire, nail) in the notch. Hold the point in the notch and tie securely so that it does not move out of
position. This is a fairly large hook. To make smaller hooks, use smaller material.
A gorge is a small shaft of wood, bone, metal, or other material. It is sharp on both ends and notched in
the middle where you tie cordage. Bait the gorge by placing a piece of bait on it lengthwise. When the
fish swallows the bait, it also swallows the gorge.

Okay now that you got your hooks you need to rig a "Stakeout"

To construct a stakeout, drive two supple saplings into the bottom of the lake, pond, or stream with their tops just below the water surface. Tie a cord between them and slightly below the surface. Tie two short cords with
hooks or gorges to this cord, ensuring that they cannot wrap around the poles or each other. They should
also not slip along the long cord. Bait the hooks or gorges. make sure all parts of your "Stakeout" are hidden under the waters surface..

you can set this up at night leave it all day then come back the next night to see what you got...

Set it up like this

Edit to add... if your going to leave it up overnight and can risk it... sinking one of those chem lum sticks next to your Stakeout will attract any passing fish to your rig... just remember were in stealth mode and full light control measures are in full effect

edit on 28-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Genius contraption, simple yet effective my friend. This is going down in the notebook as well.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

sinking one of those chem lum sticks next to your Stakeout will attract any passing fish to your rig.

a google image search for chem lume sticks www.google.com... did not turn up any images that defined to me what the hell that thing is

my first instinct is you meant glow stick, perhaps chem lum stick is just a term rarely heard to refer to glow sticks

i get it though, chemical luminous stick,

glow stick definitely facilitates the communication better though since few wont know what that is, do you just not like the playfulness of the term glow stick? im over analyzing again

thanks for the idea, i never ever thought of using a glow stick to attract fish, will try to tie one to all my fishing lines now
xD
edit on 9/29/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by DaddyBare

sinking one of those chem lum sticks next to your Stakeout will attract any passing fish to your rig.

a google image search for chem lume sticks www.google.com... did not turn up any images that defined to me what the hell that thing is

my first instinct is you meant glow stick, perhaps chem lum stick is just a term rarely heard to refer to glow sticks

i get it though, chemical luminous stick,

glow stick definitely facilitates the communication better though since few wont know what that is, do you just not like the playfulness of the term glow stick? im over analyzing again

thanks for the idea, i never ever thought of using a glow stick to attract fish, will try to tie one to all my fishing lines now
xD
edit on 9/29/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

Yeah you got it...These things
to use just make sure you anchor it under the surface... they float and that's bad where your trying to attract fish to your trap

top topics

join