It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first serious prediction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I do not claim to be psychic neither do I claim to possess any mystical power that any of you do not have the capability to possess.
These are the opening lines of your thread. You then proceed to describe how you have predictive dreaming of impending disasters. Here is the definition of precognition.

Knowledge of something in advance of its occurrence, especially by extrasensory perception; clairvoyance.
My point is this, if you are going to make absurd predictions, at least commit to what your saying. Don't open the prediction with some back up clause of (well I don't believe this crap myself realy) to fall back on when the said prediction totally fails 'as they always do.

Dreams express your emotions and subconscious self and nothing more. If you think about disaster a lot ect, you will dream about such things also. That does not equate to what you are dreaming will realy happen in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You're not alone.
I posted this in another thread 'link below' and still believe it might happen.

I'm with OP on this. I've had my moments in the past, but at certain times I 'know' exactly what will happen, a few minutes, to a couple of hours before they do. It's not an every day thing, maybe once/twice a week tops, but regular enough for me to start messing around with it, trying to change what I know I'm going to say, or stop people from doing what I 'saw' them do, or manipulate the situation somehow. (It never works. )
I've never had any 'feelings' about anything this far in advance. I said to some friends a few weeks ago that I had an odd feeling about this week. I told my significant other about it too, and he wasn't surprised at all.

I've been having dreams about calendars, the week between tomorrow (friday 23rd..) to next friday 30th is highlighted in red. When I look at it, it makes me feel nauseous. I hear news reporters saying 'tragedy' over and over again. It's going to be the number one news story across the world. It will have repercussions that will last for a while, and an investigation. I'm in the UK, and while I'm not certain whatever it is will happen here, I do feel a large amount of shock and other strong emotions will be felt here, we will be directly effected by whatever it is. The phrase I've heard night after night, is a mans voice saying 'This is NOT normal' So I'm not certain it's a natural disaster.. Then I get woken up by someone screaming my name, and it's so loud, it sounds like it came from inside the house. I don't know what it is, but I know I'm not going to claim any old 4.5 EQ as being 'the thing I predicted' If nothing happens.. then I'll take the hit, and you can all laugh at me.

Original thread

Oddly since I've shared this with friends and family, I feel much less 'weighed down' by it, but it's still on my mind enough to keep news 24 on.
I'm not the only one either.. there are 100's of people across the world who feel the same way, and before anyone starts, they aren't talking about elenin!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

It is a measure of "humbleness" and possibly a measure of "humanness" that would cause someone to disclaim what it is they are trying to express since there is no real science or technology involved. I wouldn't let that detract you from the message being sent. No reason to think the OP is doing something wrong by sharing in this fashion.

I think it is interesting that "Blood" equates to human death yet there are many references within prophesies which indicate times involving blood which is not from the human body. Blood red Moon, Blood skies, Blood rains, Bloody waters, etc. So the symbolic representation of Blood must mean something "vital", "life-giving/removing", and to some I would suppose "nourishment", as blood is the deliverer of such things; and death of course.

Was it the possible loss of life that made the OP think of Blood or were there actual signs of Blood within the dream? Perhaps the blood-part was more an intuition thing based on loss of life? Did the OP see Blood?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

It is a measure of "humbleness" and possibly a measure of "humanness" that would cause someone to disclaim what it is they are trying to express since there is no real science or technology involved. I wouldn't let that detract you from the message being sent. No reason to think the OP is doing something wrong by sharing in this fashion.

I think it is interesting that "Blood" equates to human death yet there are many references within prophesies which indicate times involving blood which is not from the human body. Blood red Moon, Blood skies, Blood rains, Bloody waters, etc. So the symbolic representation of Blood must mean something "vital", "life-giving/removing", and to some I would suppose "nourishment", as blood is the deliverer of such things; and death of course.

Was it the possible loss of life that made the OP think of Blood or were there actual signs of Blood within the dream? Perhaps the blood-part was more an intuition thing based on loss of life? Did the OP see Blood?

And you've just shown why dream interpretations are so rampant... you can look at the same thing sooo many different ways that you can literally make something apply to almost anything if you are creative enough.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ya know, there seems to be a lot of this going on. Now, I'm not talking about all the doom and gloom "prophecies" floating around like a fart in the wind but rather all sorts of people becoming aware that something is happening and something major is just around the proverbial corner. I've been having some pretty intense and often confusing dreams myself within the past week or so as well as strong feelings that I just cannot explain. I'm not an emotional person at all but lately I've been getting choked up over insignificant things, feeling tired, etc... I think you're absolutely right that something is heading our way, there are just too many people talking about these feelings for there to be nothing there.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kite74

With a bad world economy, is it really that odd for many people to feel down? "Doom and gloom" fits the current global situation a lot more than "rainbows and lollipops".

It's a reflection of the present, not a prediction of the future.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
reply to post by kite74

With a bad world economy, is it really that odd for many people to feel down? "Doom and gloom" fits the current global situation a lot more than "rainbows and lollipops".

It's a reflection of the present, not a prediction of the future.

I get what you're saying and it makes sense but I believe it's more than the global economy, this feels bigger. I really don't know how to explain it but, for myself anyway, it has nothing to do with the economy.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyTots
What I mean is... Yes, we all dream (well, most of us, anyway). And most of those dreams are just that: dreams. But you said that they've felt differently recently, and that they had also felt differently just before the earthquake in Japan... Is it possible that you have some sort of subconscious link that allows these "different" dreams to manifest themselves?

Do you participate in any meditory or mind-conditioning/mind-cleansing activities that may help calm these outbursts? I can't help but feel that, were I in your position, I would want to make absolutely sure that I was not the creator of such devastations.

This is a thermometer verses thermostat issue...and even vs fire! issue. Thermometer gives you an indication of temperature, while a thermostat gives you the temperature and a tool to change it, while fire! is what you do to instigate a change without being given the issue beforehand. If the dreams are uncontrollable, then they cannot be changed to affect what's going on around it, therefore you are not the cause. If the dreams can be changed, and the change you give the dream affects the outcome of the event, then you are a thermostat, and are partially in control. As in, you didn't start the dream, but had enough power over the situation to change the outcome. If you manage to change the dream, but the event still occurs in line with the original version, you still have no control--you just busted the thermometer. A Fire! one is where you sit down to deliberately dream things and when successful, reality bends it's will to it--these are "in full control" people. I have never seen this last one work, nor have I seen the 2nd one work, so I'd have to say that people are just thermometers, like animals from the deep dying on shorelines in mass numbers right before an epic earthquake/tsunami.

And I'm rooting not to start dreaming "prophetic" *phagh* dreams again. Mine don't tend to be cloaked in symbols, they're literal, or about major events, more often about personal life decisions that were in some way embarrassing to me. NO interest in experiencing that any more than I do.

edit on 28-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

By blood I meant general destruction and loss of life. I don't really know how else to put it! Loads of chaos and I feel it coming very soon.

Thanks for backing me up by the way, I have no idea why I got attacked earlier in the thread. Scepticism I can fully understand but when it comes to the twisting of words I refuse to rise to the bait!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321Dreams express your emotions and subconscious self and nothing more. If you think about disaster a lot ect, you will dream about such things also. That does not equate to what you are dreaming will realy happen in any way, shape, or form.
Considering I've grown up with dreams that happened verbatim, as much as I dislike and am reluctant to all this clairvoyance b.s., I'm forced to say from experience that you are wrong. Thankfully, most of the time, your statement is the truth. I'm so lucky to have the "least power" with it, out of all my family who has the ability. If I'm real lucky, I won't have to start a topic, ever, in this section, about some freaking event. 30 years of experience, and it still gives me the willies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join