It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Story and question about a haunting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My friend told me a story about her friends tutor, and I want to know more about this, and if anybody knows any stories of similiar experiences.

Heres how it goes:
The tutor is a 30 year old woman who has been alone most of her life, and she takes a lot of pills because she only sleeps 3 hours a day. She sees 2 ghosts, one boy and one old lady, and at first she thought it was because of the pills. When she went to the doctor, they told her there was nothing wrong with her and it could be completely supernatural. the tutor decided it was no joke when one day she was tutoring this girl and the girl screamed and asked why there was a little blonde boy underneath the table. The tutor says that the little boy choked her on the couch twice, follows her around alot, and also stands over her when she sleeps. Apparently the old lady doesnt do anything but stand there.

I apologize for any bad grammar, i had to translate the story from an AIM convo. Anyway, my friend and I were curious about this kind of haunting, and if anyone could speak about a similar experience, or even a way to exorcise these ghosts.

thanks!

Odd

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The fact that the boy attacked this woman is really quite unusual, and makes me believe that whatever she is dealing with here is dangerous.

Few spirits are capable of influencing physical objects with sufficient force to cause actual harm to a human, so it sounds to me as though the 'boy' has an extraordinary amount of power... perhaps he was a budding psychic prior to his death, or maybe he died in such a traumatic manner that he has been left with a hatred of living things strong enough to attract the influence of darker forces. Perhaps, though, he is simply guarding his erstwhile home against intruders.

My recommendation to this woman is to contact a holy man or woman of her faith, and have that person bless the house and ward it against evil influence. A brief foray into the area's newspaper records at the local library may be in order, to try and find out if the child's death was reported.

If the exorcism and/or blessing fail, I would recommend that the woman attempt to leave the house. The boy will probably not follow her; it is more likely than not that he is bound to that place, or he would wreak his havoc upon somebody closer to the party responsible for his death.

One question... has she ever communicated, verbally or psychically, with either spirit? The old woman may be more likely to respond to attempts at communication, so perhaps she should try speaking with her sometime. The boy, though, I would leave well and truly alone until I developed a better understanding of the specific nature of his power.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Intresting

Could be "Ghost Boy" possibly be a poltorghist or a collection of spirits in one form?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
well, apparently the spirit of the boy follows her around, even outside of her house.

I have no clue if she has tried to communicate with either spirit, but I will ask.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by okita_san]

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
for some reason, when I read "little blond boy" I had the image of that boy in that evil haunted painting pop into my head...

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Me too, hehe....

Few spirits are capable of influencing physical objects with sufficient force to cause actual harm to a human, so it sounds to me as though the 'boy' has an extraordinary amount of power...

I agree...and this story sounds fishy.

Poltergeists RARELY involve a physical sighting, instead being brought about by usually adolescent children, who seem to exercise a great deal of telekinetic ability, though uncontrolled, as they through puberty. As she tutors young children, it's possible....

However, there have been very FEW cases involving an actual entity being capable of physical harm (the Sightings Heartland case comes to mind...). Another possibility is the combo effect, of an actual entity using the untapped poltergeist potential of the child (likely the case in the Heartland case as well), to boost it's abilities.

If it has reached this level of danger, my advice would be to stop tutoring for a while (no more kids over), and see if the manifestations still occur...(if the case is genuine that is). I'd bet good money that they'd go away. If she doesn't see the entities, and/or if they aren't able to physically affect things anymore, then you'll know what you're dealing with....

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
thank you for the information

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Actually I wrote in another post of how one that I walked into, it was like walking into an invisible brick wall turned and picked me up literally I felt hands grasping my shoulders and arms and then waist after he had me sufficiently held to where my fall was broken. I was just inches from hitting the floor, I walked fast back then and the impact knocked me backwards, I was literally levitated for a few seconds in an awkward position as the ghost manevered me around to where he could safely set me back on my feet. I think some of them can move objects and can physically attack us if they want too, my ghost fortunately just save my butt.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The first thing that I noticed here is that this woman gets only 3 hours of sleep a night. This is not normal under any circumstances. A person that is deprived of too much REM sleep or has narcolepsy can have hypnagogic hallucinations. Also being strangled by someone that is standing over you while you sleep is a sign of possible Sleep Paralysis. I would suggest that this person see a doctor that specializes in sleep medicine.

Here is a good link:
www.sleepeval.com...

Note this quote from the page:
�Yoss and Daly (1962) included these hallucinations in the �narcolepsy tetrad� on which they based the clinical diagnostic criteria of narcolepsy.
These hallucinations have more recently been reported in disorders of excessive daytime sleepiness, and are often reported by subjects with sleep paralysis at sleep onset (Goode, 1962; Hishikawa, 1976). �

Link from same site on sleep paralysis:
www.sleepeval.com...

Also good point from this page:
�In addition, it has been found that factors such as stress, fatigue, an irregular life pattern and sleep deprivation may predispose individuals to Sleep Paralysis (Takeuchi et al., 1992).�

You may also note the figure that is sitting on the person�s chest on this page; this is a depiction of what is know as the gray ghost. Often when a person has an attack of this kind they feel that there is an entity in the room that is choking them, and they are unable to stop it from occurring.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

The first thing that I noticed here is that this woman gets only 3 hours of sleep a night. This is not normal under any circumstances. A person that is deprived of too much REM sleep or has narcolepsy can have hypnagogic hallucinations. Also being strangled by someone that is standing over you while you sleep is a sign of possible Sleep Paralysis. I would suggest that this person see a doctor that specializes in sleep medicine.

Here is a good link:
www.sleepeval.com...

Note this quote from the page:
�Yoss and Daly (1962) included these hallucinations in the �narcolepsy tetrad� on which they based the clinical diagnostic criteria of narcolepsy.
These hallucinations have more recently been reported in disorders of excessive daytime sleepiness, and are often reported by subjects with sleep paralysis at sleep onset (Goode, 1962; Hishikawa, 1976). �

Link from same site on sleep paralysis:
www.sleepeval.com...

Also good point from this page:
�In addition, it has been found that factors such as stress, fatigue, an irregular life pattern and sleep deprivation may predispose individuals to Sleep Paralysis (Takeuchi et al., 1992).�

You may also note the figure that is sitting on the person�s chest on this page; this is a depiction of what is know as the gray ghost. Often when a person has an attack of this kind they feel that there is an entity in the room that is choking them, and they are unable to stop it from occurring.

Excellent points! As someone who has had a sleep study done and was found to have sleep apnea I can't believe I did not think of them also. I have awakened gasping for oxygen from not breathing in my sleep.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
hmm the sleep paralysis is an interesting point. Thank you for your comments

new topics

top topics

join