It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Conspiracy/Debate Fourm request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
How many ATSers want a fourm totaly dedicated to LGBT issues instead of them getting thrown into general conspiracies and religon/theology fourms? I know I do, and I think I can safely say that TOA and some other of my debate friends would like it. It just seems like so much is getting shuffled into other areas.

Note: If you where to make this thread, I would TOTALY understand if it was "Under close staff scrutiny"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yes please.

relegate them to one area, so i can avoid that area.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

While I agree that it's a hot topic, and people like to discuss the issue for pages at end; I don't think a whole forum is necessary.

Let's face it; the actual available thread topics are pretty limited:
Homosexuality:
Right or wrong?
Marriage: Yes or no?
Homosexuality vs. religion!
Nature or Nurture?
The (so-called) Gay Agenda!

And all threads are basically one of these topics only with a different title/angle.

And all of these threads contain exactly the same arguments.
Human behaviour is compared to animal behaviour.
The same old Bible verses are quoted.
The sentence "Homosexuality is NOT a choice" is uttered about 57 times in any such thread.
Homosexuals are compared to paedophiles.
Many posts begin with "I'm not homophobic but..."

And then the low point in ALL of these threads:
"God create Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."

It is at this point that you realise that you cannot reason with these people, and you walk away from the thread thinking "so much for denying ignorance..."

So to conclude: A whole sub-forum of threads like this? I'm not up for that...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
im on the fence with this one,

could go well either way

whatever helps 'defy ignorance' best

on ATS!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why a whole forum to debate the 'conspiracy' of LGBT? I don't see the point. Do people honestly believe there is a conspiracy to do with gay and transgendered people?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
Why a whole forum to debate the 'conspiracy' of LGBT? I don't see the point. Do people honestly believe there is a conspiracy to do with gay and transgendered people?

That is a very good point. There is certainly is a lot of ignorance out there which we all could do without, but where is the conspiricy?

I also agree that a whole forum dedicated to this would just be a jumble of pointless disagrements.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Couldn't support that at all.

We're all human. We're all born equal and I see no need to add to divison and peoples bias and hatred.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

That is a very good point. There is certainly is a lot of ignorance out there which we all could do without, but where is the conspiricy?

I also agree that a whole forum dedicated to this would just be a jumble of pointless disagrements.

I also mentioned that it could be in the belowtopsecret fourms

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

While I agree that it's a hot topic, and people like to discuss the issue for pages at end; I don't think a whole forum is necessary.

Let's face it; the actual available thread topics are pretty limited:
Homosexuality:
Right or wrong?
Marriage: Yes or no?
Homosexuality vs. religion!
Nature or Nurture?
The (so-called) Gay Agenda!

And all threads are basically one of these topics only with a different title/angle.

And all of these threads contain exactly the same arguments.
Human behaviour is compared to animal behaviour.
The same old Bible verses are quoted.
The sentence "Homosexuality is NOT a choice" is uttered about 57 times in any such thread.
Homosexuals are compared to paedophiles.
Many posts begin with "I'm not homophobic but..."

And then the low point in ALL of these threads:
"God create Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve."

It is at this point that you realise that you cannot reason with these people, and you walk away from the thread thinking "so much for denying ignorance..."

So to conclude: A whole sub-forum of threads like this? I'm not up for that...

Oh dont forget the biology arguments
Progay1: This scientist group in kansas found that ........(Blah blah blah)
Antigay1: But you see, that scientist isn't following what GOD said, where in the bible does it talk about DNA?? Because in this bible verse it clearly states that .......(Blah blah blah)
Progay2: The bible doesn't mention flamingos too, does that mean they dont exist?
Progay1: *Facepalm*

And if youve never been to LGBT thread before, think of that argument about 9,000 times repeated but getting progressively worse.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's a social issue, it doesn't need its own forum

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

War on terror and middle east have their own fourms.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yeah because there are many different threads that can be made about those subjects.
Do you really think there needs to be a whole forum devoted to
"GAYS ARE AN ABOMONATION!"
"I LOVE GAYS AND I'M A CHRISTIAN!"
"JESUS SAYS TO LOVE EVERYONE!"
"GAYS SHOULDN'T ADOPT!"

It's going to be black and white. People who are for, or against, and I don't think any constructive discussion can come from debating whether it's 'right' or 'wrong'

And it should just go in the social unrest section because it's a social problem. People have a problem with other people and their orientations.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

War on terror and middle east have their own fourms.

I'm for inclusion, not separation. That's all gay people want, to have equal rights. A new forum would be against what gays want imo.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I agree. If we had a LGBT forum, why not have a black vs. white forum, or a Israel vs. Islam forum. It would just be a grudge match. ATS celebrity deathmatch.

I see no reason to put it in its own forum. At least in the other forums we get the illusion of a real topic and/or issue from time to time.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Please add your comments/suggestions to the ATS/BTS What Would You Like To See In The Future thread.

Closed.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

new topics

top topics

join