It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 New York Police Officers Boycott In Solidarity with Wall Street Protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
let's see if anyone can find any more information on this....if it's true, it's pretty big, i've been looking for more info on this but this is the main site that seems to be touting this: source
edit on 27-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
If this is true, it is truely monumental, and hopefully just the start!

More and more cops/military need to start standing up for whats right, and not whos paying you...

I thought by the headline the cops might have been protesting on the other side of the line, but they just refusing to show up, which is still a great step forward, Would be even better if they started protesting, and facing off against the other cops
edit on 27-9-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
most of the sites are parroting the site in the op, but maybe someone here can find out more on this

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So 100 police officers got fired because they agree with the protesters? And the next civil service test will be held at town hall next week? Hiring immediate NYPD positions?

That's how that would go down if true.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

All i can add is..

my wife told me about this earlier tonight..

it was on her FB page...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's about time. I was beginning to wonder if any police officers still had hair on their sacks.

Police abuse of the citizenry is rampant and obviously these officers agree. Kudos to them, and may this have a snowball effect to other departments where the good cops stand up (finally!) and cross that thin blue line onto OUR side (where they should be.)
edit on 9/27/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Thats exactly what I was thinking also, let face it, our police and military are after all working class, and when it comes to the police they are considered working poor.

Most of them are just people like us, friends, family members, that are having the same hardships as anybody Else in the nation that do not belong to the Uber rich class.

edit on 27-9-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
So are they done with the pepper spray? Just when you think you have the world figured out something like this happens. Let me know when the politicians join.
Ron Paul should be there. Actions speak louder then words.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
hopefully more info will come out about this....if it's true i don't know what i'll do ha ha...dance on the rooftop maybe?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
So 100 police officers got fired because they agree with the protesters? And the next civil service test will be held at town hall next week? Hiring immediate NYPD positions?

That's how that would go down if true.

You might be right. If I'm not mistaken, NYPD is union and I would think 100 officers not showing up for work would constitute a wildcat strike.

The U.S. 1932 Norris-La Guardia Act held that clauses in labor contracts barring employees from joining unions were not enforceable, thus granting employees the right to unionize regardless of their workplace situation. Unions have the power to bargain collectively on behalf of their members and to call for strikes demanding concessions from employers. Under the 1935 National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), federal courts have held that wildcat strikes are illegal and that employers may fire workers participating in them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is good, to a point.

Depending on how things go and if by chance the crowds start getting bigger and bigger. Those same officers will have to put their uniforms on and get back out there to stand by the citizens, or turn in their badge. If the police are to ever gain any credibility and trust with the citizens, then this is the time. As we can see from protests from around the world, things get chaotic and it will be these officers that will have to keep order as much as possible and if they have the trust of the citizens, their job will be so much easier. And as long as the citizens work and cooperate with the good cops then the police can do what they signed up for.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

another good financial link and also shows a MSNBC video that is awesome

market-ticker.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Heroes or villains.
We will be divided in our answer.
From this a war might be fought.
Or a bug beneath the heel.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here's a little more info.....

m.october2011.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I could not find another source other than the one you gave....but...I did find an interesting article about the actress Susan Sarandon who stopped by the protest...here is the source....

www.thirdage.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I got a feeling the government will be saying "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!"

I think this is bad, once the ones with heart and courage get sacked it leaves only the cowards and jockstraps.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I guess this will not be on the mainstream news if it is true....

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I highly doubt this is true. No news on it, mainstream, twitter, word of mouth, nothing. Asked a cop friend of mine whos nypd in bklyn and he said it was the first he heard of it.
edit on 28-9-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: stupid phone

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by morder1

If this is true, it's better that they just boycott rather than manifest a face-off with remaining police. We don't want another civil war here, just a peaceful transition/reclamation of our American constitution.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I guess this will not be on the mainstream news if it is true....

i would think that the mainstream would want to stay as far away from it as possible....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join