It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Christian Sentiment or Anti-Semitism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
These forums are rife with Threads about how bad Christianity is. I was just commenting on a thread here about homosexuality recently and just about every quote from the bible the anti-Christian pro-gay politically correct peanut gallery made was from the Torah.

How is it, that in a Christian based society as they love to say, that these people are unaware that what is written in the Torah, particularly the execute or stone or just generally be unreasonable and cruel content was replaced the New Testament for Christians but not for Jews.

Id like to see how long a thread like 'Christians are intolerant and Ignorant' type thread based on the content of the Torah was correctly named 'Jews are intolerant and Ignorant' would last on here. I doubt it would last long.

Why are threads like this allowed, cant we call for the people running this site to intervene? Why is it okay to make these sorts of comments about one religions group and not another?

Should we not correct those who make threads such as this? Point out just how intolerant and ignorant those posting these threads actually are? When you do they seldom actually read what you have posted and refer to you as a religious nut.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
its very simple really they refer to ad nauseum when it backs their theories and fears, then gladly turn their backs on it when confronted with the truth that is in those pages..."no modern Christians only use the new testament as it reflects their current sensibilities"

your gods rap sheet is important as to weather i wish to believe anything he says and the old testament is a long laundry list of atrocity after bloody atrocity. that is why Christians take such a beating on ATS it isn't their religion...its their denial of what their religion really is.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

Me I am against monotheism- don't know how that scans for you but anything that proclaims " We have all the answers is usually wrong
"

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by firecircle

My question is pretty simple maybe i was not clear enough.

Why do people on ATS get away with making offensive comments about Christianity but if they made the same statements about Jews (which if they realized the source's they where quoting from they really should be doing it about Jews if they want to be accurate), they would probably have their threads locked and get banned?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
have you typed the word Jew into the search engine? you may be surprised at what you find. i have seen many such threads you believe would be banned, and are not. as long as debate remains civil and it isn't an outright offensive topic, the threads often stand.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Ive seen many with a status of Locked that still show on the search results. But I do agree. Its possible, because I am a Christian and I have actually read the bible cover to cover many times, that I am just frustrated seeing time and time again people who have never read it, comment on it, with no understanding of the context of which they are quoting.

The bible in a nutshell regarding these matters for those who do not want to read it but want to comment on it.

Part 1 - Current Jewish Belief
God Made Adam Perfect
Adam Did something Wrong
God Made Adam mortal
Moses was given 10 rules by god
Moses and his followers extrapolated 400+ rules based on the 10 they divinely received.
Moses followers made up penalties for breaking these 400+ rules

Part 2 - Christian Belief incorporating the above however amended.
Jesus came and said the 10 rules should stand but only 2 of them where really important and that only a man who has never broken any rules could recommend penalties (in other words nobody)
Jesus basically said people should use common sense about these rules etc.

99% of what these posts contain refer to Part 1 without putting it in the context with part 2 and call their quotes 'Christianity'. Which out of context is wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No one really knows what christianity is really about until you have lived it your entire life. Yes the christian bible is supposed to be the word of god. Notice i say the word supposed in the last sentence. The reason i say that is simply because humans wrote the bible. It is just like a secret. Over time things get changed and changed to the pount where it is nothing like the original. For example, someone could say Hello how are you today and pass it down to 200 people. By the time it gets to the end it could possibly change completely and the last person will say Hey, what did you do today on your vacation instead of hello, how are you today.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonologist842012
No one really knows what christianity is really about until you have lived it your entire life. Yes the christian bible is supposed to be the word of god. Notice i say the word supposed in the last sentence. The reason i say that is simply because humans wrote the bible. It is just like a secret. Over time things get changed and changed to the pount where it is nothing like the original. For example, someone could say Hello how are you today and pass it down to 200 people. By the time it gets to the end it could possibly change completely and the last person will say Hey, what did you do today on your vacation instead of hello, how are you today.

Although i do believe that the translations and understanding of some of what the bible contains is probably inaccurate especially in the old testament I believe the question as to the accuracy of reprinting has already been resolved, at least in part.

Dead Sea Scrolls confirms accuracy of parts of the Old Testament

The Dead Sea Scrolls confirm that from the ninth centuries A.D., the Jewish scribal copying of the Old Testament Scriptures was accomplished with remarkably few errors. With the exception of minute copying errors here and there, the Dead Sea manuscripts exhibited virtually identical readings to their counterparts of the ninth century. They proved that the many scholars who expressed doubts concerning the accuracy of the Massoretic text were unfounded.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gravity215

it's not popular to religion bash only on ATS, it's on all sorts of websites. this one hates that one, the other one hates another. and so much of it is parroted drivel; very few make logical statements or present thought-provoking arguments.

IMHO most of it is BS. i think most of these people would not be so internet tough guy if they were talking to you at an after-work get together, in a diner or wherever.

there are people who crap on religion or a religious upbringing that did not go through the experience. the old saying about walking in someone else's shoes for a few miles seems to be forgotten.

others decide to judge an entire group of people based on some obnoxious jackass they knew, or was in their extended family, that drove them nuts every Thanksgiving. incredible.

no need for me to droll on, you've all seen the many clowns in the parade. if we didn't have rainy days we wouldn't appreciate the sunny ones.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
From the bag of tricks: The christian persecution complex, used as a (imo pitiful) gambit and backed up with stereotypies and little knowledge of what's going on on this subforum.

new topics

top topics

join