It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting how NASA suddenly knows exactly where UARS crashed, right after Argentina explosion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
C'mon... These odd events timing kill me! NASA had no clue where the UARS crashed. "Somewhere in the Ocean Pacific" seemed to be the last word before it go into oblivion, but suddenly after the explosion in Monte Grande, Argentina, NASA and USAF quickly jumped to say the satellite plunged nearest the American Samoa.

After days of seeming uncertainty, official satellite-watchers announced Tuesday that a dead NASA satellite broke up over the South Pacific, about as far away from large land masses as you can get.
NASA said the U.S. Air Force calculated that the 20-year-old Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite entered Earth's atmosphere generally above American Samoa at midnight ET Friday. Pieces of it started hitting the water another 300 miles (480 kilometers) to the northeast, southwest of Christmas Island, NASA said. "It's a relatively uninhabited portion of the world, very remote," NASA orbital debris scientist Mark Matney said.
"This is certainly a good spot in terms of risk."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I've read some web news of Argentina today, and the authorities there totally buried the case, under the "gas/oven leaking" explanation. All eye witnesses of the fireball are being discredit and everything seems to be covered up.

I guess we will never know if there's any connection between these events.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Does all seem very strange indeed!

As usually is the case, in suspect cover-up co-incidents, we will probably never know one way or the other

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It was always my belief that they knew exactly where it crashed...they just didn't want to tell anyone where it was so they could recover the remains before the Chinese, Russians, etc. found it.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
none of the pieces if any that survived would of been big enough to do the damage this apparent fireball caused...also i dont think it was even close to that area when it went down... and they said they may not know...they never said it would never ever be figured out....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Their is no doubt the event in Argentina raises some questions. Their are plenty of gas explosions or this type - but not plenty of cases of local/onlookers saw something come from the sky - a fireball/a beam - further more the suggestion and evidence that a photo was taken and someone was arrested on suspicion of "making up" the story. Whilst to all us more developed countries might expect this kind of confusion thinking everyone is UARS watching in countries like Argentina, Brazil (south America) they would of know nothing about it.
This makes the story even more of a striking coincidence. Coupled with the fact that the police/gov launched a widespread search and dawned on radiation suits, took readings suggests someone took the claims very seriously.
It seems the new rage of life is COINCIDENCE. They just keep on happening.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I agree - Its amazing how before these events we are made to think its all under control - then when the event happens we find out their is no control. Nasa said they would know where it would and when it would come down hours before. Then hours after they new nothing. When asked "how" they find where it is - they said they generally relied on eyewitness accounts. I personally along with the other 500,000 viewers on line thought the tracking data was real and live. Everyone commented on why does the ALT go up and down, everyone kept asking what height is it at. In reality all the data was a HOAX - to use the words of the site that produced it; it was a model based on an algorithm. That of course is fine for your in orbit sat. But when you have one apparently tumbling out of orbit on a free fall that data is absolute CRAP. None the less everyone fell for it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
the moment of the incident, NASA (now a DHS front) has been ordering meteor & sat related websites to remove the Argentina incident as a meteor strike, as well as remove it as a possible uars debris strike.

google "Argentina has NO Meteor or Satellite Crash 26SEP2011"

NASA wouldn't tolerate more bad press right now?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
Does all seem very strange indeed!

As usually is the case, in suspect cover-up co-incidents, we will probably never know one way or the other

Probably we won't know the truth about these cases, but I have a pretty good idea about WHY Argentina authorities are ducking and covering up that explosion. There's an engineer from Argentina, named Pablo de Léon, who developed an inflatable lunar habitat and a new type of EVA suit for NASA.

Argentine engineer Pablo de Leon won the contest organized by the U.S. space agency NASA to develop an infrastructure which will allow manned exploration of the Moon. A cylinder-foot inflated diameter of ten long, among other characteristics specified in the design was developed by De Leon, chosen by NASA for its mission to spend six months in the lunar environment, a fact which is expected before 2020. Argentine space researcher will lead the development of a prototype system for manned exploration to return to the Moon, which includes the development of laboratories and inflatable habitats, pressurized rovers and spacesuits improvements.

m24digital.com...

NASA also has tested this EVA suit in Patagonia, which is Argentina territory.

(Reuters) - A NASA team has tested a space suit in a setting with extreme conditions akin to some of those found on Mars -- an Argentine base in Antarctica -- for possible use on a visit to the Red Planet. The NDX-1 space suit, designed by Argentine aerospace engineer Pablo de Leon, endured frigid temperatures and winds of more than 47 mph as researchers tried out techniques for collecting soil samples on Mars. "This was the first time we took the suit to such an extreme, isolated environment so that if something went wrong we couldn't just go to the store" and buy a repair kit, De Leon told Reuters recently after returning from the one week expedition. The $100,000 prototype suit, created with NASA funds, is made out of more than 350 materials, including tough honeycomb Kevlar and carbon fibers to reduce its weight without losing resistance.

www.reuters.com...

It doesn't take any rocket scientist to figure out why authorities of Argentina are vehemently denying any chance of a falling object have caused that explosion.
edit on 9/27/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I completely agree! Their stories and lies are falling out of the wash on a regular basis now. I don't know how they still have any support from the public. N.egating A.ll S.erious A.nswers!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

Now there is a piece to the puzzle I had not heard yet - thank you for sharing that information.

Does make sense as to why they are covering it up. And that was one thought I had as to why they were willing to cover it up to begin with....now I have a bit more information, thanks again!

edit on 27-9-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Here's a pic of what seems to be the final suit prototype being tested in Patagonia.

It seems that the priority of Argentina authorities is keep the contract with NASA at all costs, including the death of their own people.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That is some pretty clever detective work. So now we know how NASA has the hold on Argentina over this story. Of course we are all assuming that what came from the Sky was part of the Satellite. Which indeed it could be. Based on the fact that is no data pertaining to even when or where it came down.On the other hand it could be something else and the Satellite story could of been a cover for what ever it was that came down.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OMG! Another person that wants to take seriously a dubious statement from the US government that it has no idea where its satellite crashed! Does this person have any concept of how we track even ball-bearing sized objects in space? I guess not.

This seems to be a regular tactic here on ATS: the government says something that some of us know to be a lie and works it into some off-tanget thread. This tactic is happening too frequently. Part of the old "divide and conquer" strategy? Or just various individuals putting a novel twist on current events for the sake of meaningless entertainment for all?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
OMG! Another person that wants to take seriously a dubious statement from the US government that it has no idea where its satellite crashed! Does this person have any concept of how we track even ball-bearing sized objects in space? I guess not.

This seems to be a regular tactic here on ATS: the government says something that some of us know to be a lie and works it into some off-tanget thread. This tactic is happening too frequently. Part of the old "divide and conquer" strategy? Or just various individuals putting a novel twist on current events for the sake of meaningless entertainment for all?

Stressed too much??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Yep you guessed it. Meaningless entertainment for all! A pogo stick in every garage, and a rubber chicken in every oven! Skedaddle now! Grown ups are trying to talk here... Go use your "im better than everybody" attitude somewhere it will work, like some kids at 4chan or something, I dunno, I'm not your life coach, YOU figure out what you wanna go do and stop bothering us grown folks, I don't have the time or the energy to spare on your shenanagens...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

So your thinking the burnt debris from a 6 ton satellite caused all that destruction? It had to weigh so much less after burning through the atmosphere, even if all 6 tons hit there's no way it would make a 100 meter crater. 6 tons is half the weight of a standard school bus.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Maybe you don't know but that thing landing in Argentina was one the most secret military thing ever.It was the six leg four wings top secret chicken they ever made.Joking>Of course we will never find out what it was except if another one will land which it's very possible>just follow the events as they happen'.NASA it's a just cover up for.....

top topics

join