It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No hoax: NASA says satellite fell in South Pacific

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

No hoax: NASA says satellite fell in South Pacific

www.msnbc.msn.com

After days of seeming uncertainty, official satellite-watchers announced Tuesday that a dead NASA satellite broke up over the South Pacific, about as far away from large land masses as you can get.

NASA said the U.S. Air Force calculated that the satellite entered Earth's atmosphere generally above American Samoa at midnight ET Friday. Pieces of it started hitting the water another 300 miles (480 kilometers) to the northeast, southwest of Christmas Island.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
edit on 9/27/2011 by Semaphore527 because: spaces in URLs are not your friend

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So after videos and comments and MSM saying this sucker went down off the Northwest coast of the US

They are back tracking and saying now and saying it went down in in South Pacific.

If that was the case what was it that people filmed in the Northwest?

Here is a video of NBC’s Brian Williams reporting that it went down in the northwest...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9/27/2011 by Semaphore527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

official satellite-watchers

thats a good one.

No credible sightings reported

debunked itself in the same article.

ed: im sorry if that came across as a bit harsh but, well its msnbc. here what nasa are saying. www.nasa.gov...
edit on 27/9/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hmmmm, alot of hardware appears to have gone down in the Pacific of late!

If anything went down in the South Pacific many of us Australians and Kiwis would have seen it; not buying it.
edit on 27-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Hmmmmm...

Makes me think about the fireball that killed someone and injured 8 in another country.

What was that supposed to be then?

Something is wrong here....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I heard something fell into the Med.... I wonder what the hell that was, if it wasnt the falling satellite!? What a staggeringly strange circumstance!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't get it....why would they lie about where a dead satellite had fallen to? My guess...well put it this way they are doing their best at staging some false flags would be my guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me where I can find the last course of the satellite? NASA shows the tail end. But I'm wondering if there is a more detailed map with the position of the satellite over the last few orbits and the approximate times.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most of hte "MSM" reports were nonsense in the first place, and clear evidence that they'll accept rubbish stories from every tom, dick & harry who claims to have seen something whether there's decent evidence to back it up or not.

Any idea the MSM is under anyone's control is put to rest by this saga!

And there's a freakin' lot more of the South Pacific than just New Zealand and Australia! The story says it came into the atmosphere over Samoa & fell in a 800km span starting 500km further along - nowhere neat Aus or NZ!

Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Given the how large the Pacific is, is anyone seriously surprised??? If you gave me 3:1 odds, I would have totally bet that satellite would crash into the pacific because it covers 35% of the planet

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sadly, the re-entry would not have been seen from Australia or New Zealand-- it entered the atmosphere a thousand miles from either-- far too low on the horizon to be seen-- probably below the horizon.

Buenos Aires is no where near the satellite's path on any of the final orbits.

Here is what is on the NASA site, now:

The Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California has determined the satellite entered the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean at 14.1 degrees south latitude and 189.8 degrees east longitude (170.2 west longitude). This location is over a broad, remote ocean area in the Southern Hemisphere, far from any major land mass. The debris field is located between 300 miles and 800 miles downrange, or generally northeast of the re-entry point. NASA is not aware of any possible debris sightings from this geographic area.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
there is still more $hit falling form the sky, yesterday it was Texas and Argentina, today in California about 3 hours ago

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9/27/2011 by taws6 because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Why am I not surprised it's a jet contrail.

edit on 9/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Still doesn't explain what it was these people in the northwest US/ Canada recorded. Would they be able to see the debris as it fell that far away? Why didn't anyone in Mexico or southern CA?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Semaphore527

No they wouldn't be able to see it.
All of the videos of the "re-entry" are hoaxes or, to be charitable, misidentifications.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I swear I saw the satellite at 8:44pm CST over Kenora Canada. I saw a flaring satellite. If this is true, then it was on it's last orbit. However, NASA only shows part of the it's last postions. I have not found any detailed informaion on it's exactly location while it was over Central Canada to confirm the timing.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semaphore527

So after videos and comments and MSM saying this sucker went down off the Northwest coast of the US

They are back tracking and saying now and saying it went down in in South Pacific.

On the night it happened, my buddy said he saw something re-entering the sky above our city (in southern BC, Canada) and burn up under the cloud cover. He didn't know about the satellite story until I told him that it was coming down at any time. It probably was just a fragment of the satellite since it broke apart and burnt up quickly, but it sure as hell wasn't over the South Pacific.

EDIT: Robin Marks-
Interesting post! My buddy said he saw it sometime after 8PM PST (I missed it since I was indoors at the time).
edit on 30-9-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I don't get it....why would they lie about where a dead satellite had fallen to?

Lawyers!
2nd line for that response.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Semaphore527

If we can have a dead bin Laden in one ocean with no proof, it only makes sense to have a dead satellite in another ocean with no proof.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by taws6
there is still more $hit falling form the sky, yesterday it was Texas and Argentina, today in California about 3 hours ago

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9/27/2011 by taws6 because: fixed link

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by taws6

Why am I not surprised it's a jet contrail.

edit on 9/27/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You have one mission and that's to insight me, isn't it?

That cork screw plume of white vaporous substance spiraling downwards to the Earth is a contrail from a plane?

Unless this was situated over some AirShow and another stunt plane crashed, I gotta say, you come up with some off-the-wall debunks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join