It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of Mexican drug lord gives birth in Calif.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Wife of Mexican drug lord gives birth in California

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The young wife of Mexico's most wanted drug lord has given birth to twin girls at a hospital in northern Los Angeles County, according to a newspaper report. Emma Coronel, the 22-year-old wife of Joaquin Guzman, crossed the border in mid-July and delivered her daughters at Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster on Aug. 15, the Los Angeles Times reported on its website Monday (lat.ms...).

Coronel, a former beauty queen who holds U.S. citizenship, returned to Mexico after they were born.

Birth certificates listed Coronel as the mother of the girls, but the spaces for the father's name are blank. U.S. law enforcement officials, who tracked her movements even before she traveled to Lancaster, told the Times that Coronel was not arrested because there are no charges against her.

Coronel is believed to be the third or fourth wife of Guzman, the 54-year-old multibillionaire head of Mexico's most powerful drug-trafficking gang, the Sinaloa cartel. The couple married the day she turned 18 at a lavish wedding in the highlands of central Mexico in 2007.

U.S. authorities have placed a $5-million bounty on Guzman head and allege that he and the Sinaloa cartel control the majority of coc aine and marijuana trafficking into the U.S. from Mexico and Colombia.

Guzman reached a new level of fame — or infamy — two years ago when he made Forbes magazine's list of the 67 "World's Most Powerful People." At No. 41, he was just below Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei while topping Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez — No. 67 — and France's Nicolas Sarkozy — No. 56.

So it's perfectly ok to let in the wife of one of the world's most wanted fugitive , give services to her, and let her walk away scott free. Such a slap in the face. Perhaps they didn't arrest her because it would be bad business practice to capture one of America's most adored businessman. After all, he's supplying us with billions of tons of drugs. We wouldn't want to ruin that relationship now would we?

Perhaps we should start offering all the criminals free healthcare while we're at it. Oh wait....This is disgusting. I'm usually not one that stands for the Bad Company logic but this is a different story.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This almost sounds like an episode of Weeds.

Drugs mean $$$, $$$ means power, power makes you immune to punishment!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Is she also suspected of the same crimes? I know she's his wife but does that automatically assume she's as guilty as he is because she hasn't given him up? In the US, a wife is not required to testify against their spouse and it does mention she holds U.S. citizenship, so I'm confused. Should they hold her? If they have evidence to convict her, sure but since when is being married to a criminal a crime? They know who she is, know who she's married to and is tracking her movements for the purposes of capturing their wanted person.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight... An American citizen, who is not wanted for a crime, comes back to America to have her babies... Damn, what an insult!

Where is the problem here?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
So, let me get this straight... An American citizen, who is not wanted for a crime, comes back to America to have her babies... Damn, what an insult!

Let me set you straight...A quasi-citizen, accomplice to one of the world's most wanted fugitives, comes to America to have her anchor babies....(most likely in convenience of having dual citizenship), walks away to her homeland...yeah..that's the equivalent of crossing the border illegally to me. If authorities would have detained this women perhaps there would have been more clues to the whereabouts and operations of the cartels. Simple logic is simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Smart girl, I wouldn't have my babies in Mexico either, Better to have your children be American citizens from birth.
Are we still thinking the bounty is real? Doesnt everyone know the cartels work for the state? They probably sent his wife an invite.

-GM

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Hold the kids and wife hostage until he surrenders......

Then legalize the drugs and take the power away from people like this....

No you let the CIA and the FBI and the Mexican Gov trace her back to her hubby and kill them all.

You just watch...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MustNotSpeak

Let me set you straight...A quasi-citizen, accomplice to one of the world's most wanted fugitives, comes to America to have her anchor babies....(most likely in convenience of having dual citizenship), walks away to her homeland...yeah..that's the equivalent of crossing the border illegally to me. If authorities would have detained this women perhaps there would have been more clues to the whereabouts and operations of the cartels. Simple logic is simple.

Sorry man, she isn't a quasi anything. That women is an American Citizen. She may be married to a piece of trash but has committed no crime. It's always easy to take away rights from other people, just as long as they leave yours alone though right?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The problem is the drug lord connection, and that she's Mexican-American.

In a country where Mob Wives are celebrated, this hardly makes my skin crawl.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The problem is the drug lord connection, and that she's Mexican-American.

In a country where Mob Wives are celebrated, this hardly makes my skin crawl.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a quasi citizen? She's an AMERICAN citizen. Is her ethnicity the problem here?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MustNotSpeak

Hey that reminds me of an episode of Weeds. LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
One of her twin daughters (Citizen mother and Foreign father = Natural born citizen according to Obama) could become President of the U.S. Then the Mexican drug cartel would have complete control over our politicians

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I thought Knowingly, and willingly associating with, aiding and enabling a known criminal is a crime. Seems like she is definitely guilty of this. Also, in a situation with crime, a person who has full knowledge that a violent crime has happened or will happen, but does not contact authorities alerting them, can be charged with conspiracy to commit the same crime. She is trash, and is using our system. I don't care if shes an American citizen, if the only reason she comes back across this border is to have her babies she can go to jail and hell along with all her cartel thugs.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

a quasi citizen? She's an AMERICAN citizen. Is her ethnicity the problem here?

dictionary.reference.com...
Quasi- resembling; seeming; virtual: a quasi member.

quasi-Combining form1. Seemingly; apparently but not really: "quasi-American"; "quasi-scientific".
2. Being partly or almost: "quasicrystalline

I am Mexican-American myself so I don't see how ethnicity is a problem here. I don't care if she's Mexican, Canadian, Chinese. I use the term quasi because she's not a real American citizen. Last time I checked she's been living in Mexico most of her life. What is so American about that? Being a citizen in name doesn't necessarily mean she is one. How exactly has she contributed to American society?

I'll use this basic source.
Democracy Work: Definition of a Citizen
Citizen:
A citizen is a participatory member of a political community. Citizenship is gained by meeting the legal requirements of a national, state, or local government. A nation grants certain rights and privileges to its citizens. In return, citizens are expected to obey their country's laws and defend it against its enemies.

Great to know that she's defending us against our enemies.

Last time I checked being an accesory is considered a crime.

With that being said, by most of the posters' definitions, she is a U.S. citizen . So I guess we can take her to trial for being an accesory huh?

Accesory:
In some jurisdictions, an accessory is distinguished from an accomplice, who normally is present at the crime and participates in some way. An accessory must generally have knowledge that a crime is being, or will be committed. A person with such knowledge may become an accessory by helping or encouraging the criminal in some way, or simply by failing to report the crime to proper authority. The assistance to the criminal may be of any type, including emotional or financial assistance as well as physical assistance or concealment.

Accessory Legal Term

edit on 9/27/2011 by MustNotSpeak because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2011 by MustNotSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by forevertruepatriot
I thought Knowingly, and willingly associating with, aiding and enabling a known criminal is a crime. Seems like she is definitely guilty of this. Also, in a situation with crime, a person who has full knowledge that a violent crime has happened or will happen, but does not contact authorities alerting them, can be charged with conspiracy to commit the same crime. She is trash, and is using our system. I don't care if shes an American citizen, if the only reason she comes back across this border is to have her babies she can go to jail and hell along with all her cartel thugs.

You beat me to it. At least someone in this thread seems to have some common sense.
2nd line

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

"Drugs are only a "crime" because tyrannical people think it should be illegal to think differently. End of story. As a result, tyrants like Obama who wish marijuana to be illegal have shipped jobs in the US over to Mexico. If Obama didn't want to be a tyrant then he could go ahead and put something like $30 billion back into the hands of people in the US by making substances that cause people to think differently legal. Alcohol is among the most dangerous drugs in existence. I'd like to see proof that crack coc aine does more damage than alcohol (preferably on a per-user basis to be fair). Anyone? "

Drugs arent the crimes were complaining about. Its the murder, torture, rape, beheading, dismemberment and other violent attrocities that these cartels use to keep people too scared to come after them.

edit on 27-9-2011 by forevertruepatriot because: didnt know how to quote for a sec

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by forevertruepatriot

"Drugs are only a "crime" because tyrannical people think it should be illegal to think differently. End of story. As a result, tyrants like Obama who wish marijuana to be illegal have shipped jobs in the US over to Mexico. If Obama didn't want to be a tyrant then he could go ahead and put something like $30 billion back into the hands of people in the US by making substances that cause people to think differently legal. Alcohol is among the most dangerous drugs in existence. I'd like to see proof that crack coc aine does more damage than alcohol (preferably on a per-user basis to be fair). Anyone? "

Drugs arent the crimes were complaining about. Its the murder, torture, rape, beheading, dismemberment and other violent attrocities that these cartels use to keep people too scared to come after them.

edit on 27-9-2011 by forevertruepatriot because: didnt know how to quote for a sec

By making drugs illegal, it enables scum bags like this woman's husband to be able to pull off the crimes you listed. They are all one giant happy family. So in essence the poster you quoted is correct.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join