It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret nuclear drill in The Netherlands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Secret nuclear drill in The Netherlands

www.geenstijl.nl

Let exactly right now since all these planes are at Volkel. We see: Italy 6 Stormo with Tornadoes (from airbase Ghedi) Belgian F-16s from 31 Wing (Kleine Brogel), German Tornadoes in Jagdbombergeschwader 33 (Buchel), Turkish F-16s from 191 Filo (Balikesir), U.S. F-510th Fighter Squadron of the 16s (Aviano, Italy) and last but not least of course the F-16s from Volkel itself. Each unit has three fighter planes sent to Volkel. In total there are 15 so-ready nuclear devices from four European countries and America, plus stationed at Volkel F-16's ready. Only the Hellenic Air Force was not invite
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
@djderidder (twitter, military journalist)
translate.google.nl
edit on 27-9-2011 by cappuccino because: Links were messed up

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
First of all|: sorry for the crappy google translate, but this comes from a Dutch site. Let me explain. So, apparently there is a conveniently planned nuclear military drill going on in the Netherlands. While on the one hand we have the largest military drill in 15 years, called 'Falcon Autumn', which is a big special forces drill (red barets, logistics, apaches), there is a second drill going on.

In Holland we have air force base Volkel, which hosts NATO and American nuclear warheads since the days of the cold war. Now, with all the media attention directed to Falcon Autumn, Jet fighters from 6 countries have landed at Volkel, which they normally never do, In total there are now 15 nuke-ready jets at Volkel, which is kind of unprecedented. It seems logical that a drill will be held.

But why now? And why are the Greeks not invited, who also posses jets capable of carrying nukes? I read about Obama attending a nuclear drill in Denver which was called a hoax, but maybe the story held some truth after all. Maybe just the location was wrong.

There is definitely something going on, countries seem to be preparing for war, or at least getting ready to be prepared. Your thoughts?

www.geenstijl.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

I found more for you

The Dutch armed forces are holding the largest military exercise in the Netherlands for 15 years.

Dubbed Falcon Autumn, the exercise will be taking place chiefly in the rural eastern province of Drenthe until 7 October.

Unusually, civilians will also be able to join in the exercise. They may be approached by military patrols, and participate at checkpoints in various locations where soldiers will be inspecting cars.

Falcon Autumn will involve 2500 military personnel, and 400 ground vehicles and attack ortransport helicopters. The climax will take place on Wednesday when a combined air and ground attack will be staged at motorsport racetrack playing the role of an enemy airfield.

It is the first operation in years to involve the entire Dutch airborne brigade, as at least one battalion has always been in action overseas.

Radio Netherlands

In my opinion very very suss that big things are happening worldwide within a couple of days.
edit on 27-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think there is an ongoing topic about Denver and military exercises also coinciding with those dates and very close to same dates.

And why are the Greeks not invited

My guess is they are broke and can not afford to send anything. The last thing they need to be spending money on is a military exercise.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well, it's not very secret if you already know this. And
'geenstijl.nl' is known for overreacting a bit

I wonder why you think it's a nuclear drill? There are no
public records of any US nuke's on Dutch soil. They are
probably there, but I doubt they will do an exercise with
them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

edit on 27-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: messed up

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Ah, good find. That is indeed more on the Falcon Autumn operation. Funny thing is fighter jets are specifically excluded from this drill: Link to Dutch defense ministry. It's an integrated ground-helicopter drill.

I agree with you that strange stuff is about to happen. Maybe not tomorrow or next week, but certainly within months.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
Well, it's not very secret if you already know this. And
'geenstijl.nl' is known for overreacting a bit

I wonder why you think it's a nuclear drill? There are no
public records of any US nuke's on Dutch soil. They are
probably there, but I doubt they will do an exercise with
them.

granted, Geenstijl has a tendancy to overreact, but the links they provide are valid. Actually, the suggestion came from a militairy photographer and journalist, not from them. By the way, Dutch government confirmed the nukes on dutch soil

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I seem to miss your point completely.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hmm I thought it was a 'spotter' and not a militairy photographer?
I must have missed where the Dutch gov. confirmed there were nukes.
They should update the wiki then

Either way, so far it's just a drill with helicopters and ground vehicles.

Of course, I could be very wrong.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by InnerPeace2012

I seem to miss your point completely.

Sorry it was a hasty mistake on my path will edit to remove..thanks

It's quite interesting having all this major military events happening world wide. Seems kinda odd I guess.
edit on 27-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Hmm I thought it was a 'spotter' and not a militairy photographer?
I must have missed where the Dutch gov. confirmed there were nukes.
They should update the wiki then

Either way, so far it's just a drill with helicopters and ground vehicles.

Of course, I could be very wrong.

Also spotters noticed it. By the way, to answer the question in your previous post on why I think it's a nuclear drill... The fact that all the jets that landed at Volkel are modified to carry nukes kinda gave it away...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Again, not to be a pain in the a$$ or anything, but where
did you read that they are modified for carrying nukes?

These are jets that by default can be used to carry
nukes. I've not (yet) read a source that states they were
modified to carry nukes.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

Nah, your not being a pain in the ass... That's what ATS is all about, asking the right questions. That they are specially prepared was my mistake, I misread that. The nukes on AFB Volkel are of type B61. And coincidentally all the planes that landed there are able to carry these B61 bombs, out of all the other planes that could have landed there. The guy who pointed this out is the photojournalist I mentioned before. This was also noticed on the spotters forum. Also the communications department who usually always comments on questions like this now refuses to comment.

Usually in cases like this... If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's usually a duck.
edit on 27-9-2011 by cappuccino because: typo

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
How can you tell by looking at an aircraft if it's been modified to carry Nukes?

They all have pylons underneath the wings etc. for Sidewinders, other missiles and the 1000 lbs bombs are usually internal.

So kind of curious here, maybe somebody could post some pics or a link to the source for this?

As an aircraft fan, keen to see what's what so to speak!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Let's hope there is an UFO invasion coming up....

Sec.line...PS I had a weird dream tho..It was about war.....thats all I remember.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
How can you tell by looking at an aircraft if it's been modified to carry Nukes?

They all have pylons underneath the wings etc. for Sidewinders, other missiles and the 1000 lbs bombs are usually internal.

So kind of curious here, maybe somebody could post some pics or a link to the source for this?

As an aircraft fan, keen to see what's what so to speak!

Like I said in the post above yours.... That was a mistake on my side. What they (and I) actually meant hat all the planes that landed there have the capability to carry b61 bombs, exactly the bombs that are on volkel. I misunderstood that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think you wanted me to read this, correct?

It is believed that since the early 1960s, USAF nuclear weapons are stored at Volkel Air Base, to be used by the host nations aircraft.[4] Formerly, storage took place in a weapon storage area on the north side of the base, and in a heavily defended quick reaction alert (QRA) area - but since 1991, eleven WS3 Weapon Storage and Security System vaults are operational in the floors of the aircraft shelters.[citation needed] The USAF 703rd Munitions Support Squadron (703rd MUNSS) is in charge of maintaining and securing the weapons.[5][6] As of 2008, 22 B61 nuclear bombs are believed to be in storage at Volkel, to be used by the Dutch 311 and 312 F-16 squadrons at the base.[7] Despite the evidence for this, the Dutch Ministry of Defence never officially acknowledges or denies the presence of nuclear weapons at Volkel.[8] In a book published by former air force pilot Steve Netto it is revealed that some fifty B28 nuclear bombs were in storage there around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, which if needed were to be deployed by aircraft of the Royal Netherlands Air Force.[9] In a document leaked as a part of the United States diplomatic cables leak the presence of nuclear weapons in the Netherlands is confirmed, though no specific location is given.

The Dutch gov. never confirmed anything, nor denied it. A leaked document 'confirms' it, but that is not the Dutch gov. So, there *might* be nukes there but I really doubt they will install one on a jet anyday soon as that would really confirm that they have nukes. Would be silly, no?

As far as I can tell, the jets that landed there are pretty common and nothing special at all. The fact that they are able to transport a nuke is not a criteria, so could a boeing 747. It's a drill, yes, but nuclear? I really doubt it.

Originally posted by cappuccino
reply to post by snewpers

Nah, your not being a pain in the ass... That's what ATS is all about, asking the right questions. That they are specially prepared was my mistake, I misread that. The nukes on AFB Volkel are of type B61. And coincidentally all the planes that landed there are able to carry these B61 bombs, out of all the other planes that could have landed there. The guy who pointed this out is the photojournalist I mentioned before. This was also noticed on the spotters forum. Also the communications department who usually always comments on questions like this now refuses to comment.

Usually in cases like this... If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's usually a duck.
edit on 27-9-2011 by cappuccino because: typo

edit on 27-9-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by snewpers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The big exercise was mentioned on the NOS as well. But it seems there is another exercise going on as well at de Peel Air Base (20 Miles from Volkel Air Base). L1 (local TV station for the province of Limburg) reported an exercise for this week as well. Here is the report on that.
The article mentions that planes would fly over the air base very low from Tuesday till Friday to train their air defense.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

'De Peel' is a missile training facility, and not an active
airbase. The obvious explanation would be that the jets
from Volkel will fly over De Peel to test missile defense
systems. That's why they will fly very low.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join