It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Against Terror: Dress Rehersal for Martial Law?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am quickly coming to the conclusion that this so called "war against terror" is a ruse used to mentally and emotionallty prepare the American populace for the imposition of a police state, something the new World Order could never implement directly. But an population will willing give up it freedoms in exchange for state-sanctioned 'security' if the choice is between the anarchy of terror or the suffocating but secure 'protection' of a police state. We are being maipulated politically in ways I never dreemed of by both parties on this issue. Both seem to imply that the freedoms we knew in the 50's and 60's are gone forever. Is the world too dangerous now to expect government abides by the Bill of Rights?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ceasing the war on terror and not actively and aggressively pursuing the agents of terror abroad is the surest road to establishing a police state domestically. If we don't do the above, then the only way to defend against terror is domestically, controlling the borders, gathering intelligence on the general public (ie not just terror suspects, but as a matter of course) and also controlling the public. PATRIOT is limited, both in scope and temporal effect. Halting the active 'pre-emptive' war on terror will require an expansion, even a 'non-renewal, permanent establishment' of things like PATRIOT. -THEN- we could rename it the Enabling Act.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The following is from a thread where I proposed that the Highway Sound barriers could be used as massive holding pins. It could be a possibility if martial law is enforced and they need a large containment area instantly...

Highway Sound Barriers/Holding Pins?

Anyone know what I'm talking about when I say, "highway sound barriers"? Those huge walls lining the highways that are supposed to mute highway noise from residential areas (which don't really work). Well, when I was a teenager, I had this friend of my fathers who said he believed that these would be used as massive holding pins by the government for people to be corralled in. At the time I completely blew him off as a paranoid nut, but in these days and times, I can't say it would suprise me if that is the future purpose for them. Please discuss.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what do you think?

[edit on 26-8-2004 by mpeake]

join