It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Donald Trump:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Remember Trump's in your face strategy that took the media by storm. well, now he has seemed to have settled down, but he also seems to be still in the game. Behind the scenes. In reality, it might have been the BEST move he ever made. He could control the President without actually being one!

What is up with the GOP as of late?

Articles are surfacing around the MSM that Donald Trump is somehow pulling strings behind the scenes.

EVERY single political candidate is planning to meet with "the Donald" sometime soon or already has.

Sarah Palin already shared Pizza with Trump last spring

Michelle Bachmann visited with Trump at his estate in July

Rick Perry recently dined with Trump

Romney met with Trump earlier today.

And then there is this statement that trump made via online video: "It's very important that we pick the right person. If we pick the wrong person we're going to have four more years of this nonsense in Washington. Obama must be defeated."

So can Donald Trump one of the few, but very outspoken republican celebrities actually be one of the ones pulling the strings???

www.lohud.com...
edit on 26-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
he is more powerful, has more money, more connections in new york and is older than every candidate.

he's been around a long time and his support base, especially in the money sector is big.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
He's not even a republican.
People just equate republicans with big business

www.rawstory.com...

I probably identify more as Democrat
- Donald Trump
edit on 9/26/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/26/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
So What Perry probably is a democrat too! People switch parties, Trump is obviously leaning that way now. I don't particularly care for the guy but it happens people, switch.

Jon Huntsman should be an independent or quite possibly run against Obama as a Democrat.

Party doesn't matter so much as does connections, power, and money. That Trump has, and he's NOT going to endorse Obama even it were the end of the world and Obama had the only way off Earth!
edit on 26-9-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Trump like a few of the top busniess men, are looked upto by the political and general populations as "winners".
He represents what a huge proportion of the worlds population seeks, its no supprise that he has such influence, even if it isnt what hes actually after in life.

That said, perhaps some sort of an upper level of wealth/influence is needed, i mean if every super rich guy had an impact in the same way, whos running the country?

The rich know best because they are rich?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

EVERY single political candidate is planning to meet with "the Donald" sometime soon or already has.
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It would be interesting if Ron paul met with "the Donald"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Trumps whole game is to do two things.

#1 Make money off of the people running for office by offering venues for them to use.

#2 Use the influence of his Russian wife to allow Russians to buy into politics. Ayn Rand loved the elites she just hated the government in Russia.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

That would make it to pay-per-view lol

I mean seriously, id pay to see that argument.

Question though: Why does Trump get involved with any of this, i mean what can anyone offer to him, besdies more money?
edit on 26-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I mean does trump care about money or staying in the spotlight and being a celebrity??

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher
reply to post by Biigs

I mean does trump care about money or staying in the spotlight and being a celebrity??

Its a damned fine question, perhaps somone should ask him?!

NOT IT! ha.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The true power of Mr Trump lies in is hair - without that Samson bouffant he's just an everyday Joe billionaire

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
The true power of Mr Trump lies in is hair - without that Samson bouffant he's just an everyday Joe billionaire

I was about to post something similar

Its definitely the dew since his net worth according to Forbes has dropped to a paltry $2.8 Billion or so.

I forget which it was on but they made Trumps hair piece into an international spy on either Robot Chicken or TV Fun House. Which ever it was it was funny as hell

edit on 26-9-2011 by Candycab because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Trump is a joke. This is the same narcissist who actually badgered Forbes to put him in their rich list back in the 80's. Back before Forbes did any checking into what person was worth. Trump said he was worth over a billion dollars records prove that at the time he was worth less than $250 million. Of course most of that money then came from his dad Fred Trump, the real source of the Trump wealth.
The real reason why Trump won't run for President is because his finances will be made public and the smoke and mirrors about his supposed wealth will disappear. Hell, over the years 5 of his businesses have been bankrupted, his real talent is avoided responsibility for his failures.

top topics

join