It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storm 'Just Exploded'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Colliding fronts unleash rain, lightning and hail. A house burned, vehicles stalled and power was out to thousands.

Photo: Partly submerged, a Mazda rests in an Ybor City ditch, which driver Marie Humphrey says she did not see during the storm. She veered off the road and got stuck. It was "scary," she said.

link to story, john

www.sptimes.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yeah, that was pretty damned weird last night, huh? (St. Pete myself) I have NEVER been through lightning like that. It shook the house NUMEROUS times, and rattled things on shelves, etc. It was REALLY bizarre... I'm still amazed we didn't lose power, though it flickered quite a bit... My poor animals were clinging to me for dear life (or so they thought, hehe...) Nothing more pathetic than scared chihuahuas....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And...this is after the hurricane. How much more damage could possibly be caused?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Lots of rain, in houses without roofs, is never a good thing... I think it was mostly in the Tampa Bay area mostly though, and the hurricane struck areas only got some of the rain...

I guess this is our pennance for missing the hurricane.... If so, gladly paid...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I Live in Louisville Ky, and we have had some odd weather this year as well. An increase in the storms as well as a decrease in the heat. In Aug. our ave daily temp is around 95-98 Degrees with a heat index of 115 or so. The last two summers have been alot cooler than any I can previously remember.So far this year, it was in the 60's and 70's daytime and 40-50's at night This was about 2 and a half weeks ago. I love the respite from the heat, but we pay for it by getting snow in APRIL! Remember, I live in Ky, not Colorado. Some strange stuff going on with the weather, almost like a shift in seasons.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just so you know....when I said it shook the house...I meant it quite literally...if we were in CA, I'd have sworn it was an earthquake...not thunder... It was really weird. I was going to even start a thread about it until I saw this one...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Lots of freak weather in Denmark too...
Single bolt of lightning kills 31 Danish cows

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I sat thru an extremely scary thunderstorm cell yesterday around 2pm. It went from a light drizzle to zero visibility in a matter of seconds. thankfully I was parked and not driving, but the winds were ferocious, my car was actually rocking and the lightning was just extreme, power went out at my kids' school and streets in the area were flooded in minutes, the only good thing was the storm moved thru extremely fast, lasted only about 20 minutes.

right now it looks like another storm is building, lots of lightning strikes and rumbling thunder. I hope this one passes quickly.

Keep your eyes on the tropic, a Cat 3 is about to be born in the next 2 days.

top topics

join