It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homemade Toothpaste

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I ll give you 1 more recipe....

2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of baking soda
2 tablespoons of powdered magnesium-calcium
2 teaspoons xylitol or stevia (one of these 2)
2 teaspoons soft sea salt
20 drops of peppermint essential oil

Alternative rute instead of soda and salt, is cinder!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thanks For the Post

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thank you for this wonderful thread. May I resurrect this by asking how often do you brush using baking soda + coconut oil? Also doesn't it damage the enamel?

Thank you..

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the recipe. Can I add sea salt into it. I read somewhere that salt can make your teeth shiny.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Okay folks.. Let me give a review on using baking soda.. I've tried it for 1 month, I've been dissolving baking soda in water and dipping my brush there, brushing my teeth lightly twice a day. Sometimes I'd add sea salt, but most times it was just pure old baking soda. After a week I felt my teeth were 'bare' in a sense, and thought I must've gotten the fluoride coating out. After a month though, I noticed my teeth were more sensitive, and there seems to be a light cloud of white showing (very light though, and can only be seen if my teeth were viewed against the sun). I got scared and am now using the regular commercial fluoride toothpaste.
What gives? I genuinely thought I was in the right direction.. My teeth felt cleaner, smile brighter. And now I hate the feel of regular toothpaste. I just had to use it because I'm afraid that if I continued with baking soda, it might lead to white spot lesions and eventually cavities.. It just doesn't make sense to me though since I thought baking soda would get rid of teeth sensitivity (I never had sensitive teeth before baking soda), and would definitely get rid of cavities.
Any clue on what might have happened?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join