It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed on this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Hi All,
I've been sent via e-mail a scanned page from an Australian Army newspaper that is quite interesting. It tells of an encounter a group of soldiers on exersize have had with a strange animal. There are good written discriptions of the creature plus a reasonable photo taken through night vision gear.
The problem is I have no idea how to post the e-mail (its a j-peg) on here. If any one can talk me through it great!, if not, I will happily send the pic via e-mail to anybody that knows how to post it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
From what I know with ATS uploads, in Tools, there is a new button called "ATS Uploads" There is a button "Select Image File" on the left which browses for the picture on your computer (wherever you may have saved it). Once you find the picture, open it, and it should upload to the server. The picture will load on the screen. Click on the picture and it will give you three options. One to use in a post, one to create a thumbnail link, and the other is an external file link. Just copy and paste the first link and presto! Pics in your thread!

If you need help or get lost, message me. I'm curious to see what this is!
edit on 26-9-2011 by Absco because: Cheeseburgers are fun?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Thanks, Ill give it a go, if I cannot work it out Ill message

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
How much longer
i;m dying to see the image.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You know I've also struggled uploading things to this site also, It takes you to some other site, where you have to re-log in, but it doesnt stay logged in between pages, trying to Upload an image, its a never ending loop for me. I quit trying long ago.

Anyway, You can email it to an Administrator and Moderator and they will gladly upload the photo for you!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If you can't upload to ATS you could upload to Google Docs and then post a link.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
[SNIP]

I know it's big, but I wanted to show the picture.

It reminds me of a Sea Horse/Green Lantern thing lol
edit on 26-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by Absco because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Removed the large embedded image. Please be considerate towards members with slow download speeds.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Absco

What you think?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yeah......that's freakish,lol. I haven't the foggiest idea what that could be but I wouldn't want to encounter one....ever.

Thanks for the post and I hope it can be cleared up some day soon!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I find it interesting thats a paw print. Also that this was around a full moon. I wanna look more into this!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Notice that they have put a 5.56cal round next to the foot print as a size reference.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
the photo looks like an artist impression to me,
looks like they are trying to create a a ware-hyena myth

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
no clue what it could be seems like something to look more into tho

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I dont know what to make of it.
Definitely not a boar, or any kind of Canine or Feline.
From the newspapers description of the front legs being longer than the back legs and having a small head with big shoulder blades, it made me think of some kind of large Sloth. Its sound to make a guess on the tracks though, to me it looks like something that could walk on its knuckles?

Good luck finding out what this cryptid is

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
On first look it seemed quite a bit like a boar like they said in the source, but not with that paw print it's not. I've never seen a print like that before, it's not canine, feline, or anyline from what I know about animals. Very odd and cool find.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Post Deleted.

I should READ the article before crying photoshop!

edit on 26/9/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I would go with a bear. Their description does generally sound like a bear to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe it's some type of hybrid animal?
Hopefully there are more sightings of this thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

Could you put that on imagebucet or something please, I am having an issue loading ats upload page you posted, it ust stalls out a 3rd to a quarter way in, tried it on 4 different computers and does the same, or tells me their website don't exist.

Ha, conspiracy sites should find some conspiracy donors and programmers!

join