It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are YOU Prepared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'd like to ask you all if you're prepared for any situation and I'll also explain how I've taken action over the last year to prepare my family and myself.

Let's start:

It's always good not to "pigeon hole" yourself and have a second option. I live near the Gulf of Mexico at only 15.24 meters above sea level. I decided to prepare for every situation, short of an all out annihilation for example… "Fire from the sky" or a 4km high tsunami traveling 3000km/hour. I've heard deep caves made out of solid material are the best chance of surviving, but they're at least a 4-hour drive from where I live and are only about 305 to 610 meters above sea level. If there were enough time, I would go to higher elevations of 1524 to 2438 meters. Of course, then you're in danger of being crushed by an earthquake. I also know it's very important to be away from any size population. I live in the center of the third largest city in late America. I can be out of here in 5 minutes with everything I need to survive almost every situation for 3 weeks. I figure this will be enough time for us to get away from the chaos that would follow such an event, not to mention if there's enough warning of a massive flood that would follow a pole shift. My window opened on 23-Sep. You can say I’m on high alert right now. My window (for this month) will close on 29-Sep and I look forward to relaxing once more. This will only last for about a month though. The next possibility for an E.L.E. may be 8 through 9 November. The YU 2005 asteroid, which is 400 meters wide will pass between the Earth and its moon on 8-November. At the same time, we’ll be passing through a "well known" comet's tail and debris field. The "Puppet-Dent" of the United States is to broadcast the first, ever nation-wide emergency "test" on 9-November. There many other signs, movements and trends that all seem to point to a major event(s) that may soon unfold before our eyes. I re-programmed my scanner to several federal agencies that would respond to any such event. The signal travels through the house and is loud enough to wake me from a dead sleep. I can't be up on the Internet all night, so I figured this was a good idea in case anything happens while I’m sleeping. Our media giants such as CNN and Fox don't cover jack, unless the same entities that pull Obama's strings approves it.

My best advice to everyone is to be prepared as much as you can with the resources you have. Make sure you have more than one option, in case you need to leave your home. Make sure you have enough food (rations), water, portable shelter, weapons and ammunition for self-defense. Make sure you have clothing for extreme wet, cold and hot environments. Make sure you include critical medicines, first aid, maps (in plastic), a compass, hygiene items, sturdy footwear, a dynamo powered flashlight and radio (15 USD on the Internet). Make sure you don’t wear bright clothes. People will try to steal your food and the belongings you possess for survival. Make sure you have an escape route with rendezvous points marked along the way. If you're evacuating with family or close friends, you'll need this in case you get separated. Regardless if you have prior military training, it’s a good idea to have a survival manual. I use the SAS Survival Handbook for any Climate or Situation. It’s useful even if it’s only for reference. It's very important to only pack what you need to survive and make sure you have a backpack with everything you need that you can carry for several miles on foot and survive for at least three days. Any chance is better than none.

You may think, "what am I going to do with all this stuff if nothing happens"? I answered that question for myself; It's always better to be prepared than not. There are so many disasters these days, so you should have an emergency preparedness kit and plan for any situation. Depending on location, some situations are unavoidable, so you must also unfortunately always be prepared for death, rebirth or whatever you want to call it.

I wish you all good luck and peace in this life and the next…

edit on 26-9-2011 by my3911 because: Correction

edit on 26-9-2011 by my3911 because: Another Missing Word....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm prepared for dinner!
But on a serious note, no matter how many preparations you make. You will never be prepared for when the # really hits the fan. You might as well be improvising.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

True, but I personally feel much better knowing that I'm prepared. When it hits the fan as you say, I'd rather not wish, "if I would have only been prepared, I may have a chance". It's better to be prepared as much as possible with the resources you have available than not. It is logical if you respect your life as I'm sure you do.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911

True, but I personally feel much better knowing that I'm prepared. When it hits the fan as you say, I'd rather not wish, "if I would have only been prepared, I may have a chance". It's better to be prepared as much as possible with the resources you have available than not. It is logical if you respect your life as I'm sure you do.

Yeah, we're prepared but some people make preps and freak out. They might have prepared physically but not emotionally. In the mist of doom I don't really want to hear anybody screaming, "I've made preparations and there still in the house." Knowing their luck it's in the event of an earthquake. It's sad sometimes.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Do you have Kurt Saxon's survivalist books?

Are you prepared for a sudden drop in continent? As in, "uh oh, my town is sliding down into the water underground!"

Do you have your scuba gear in the basement ready for any water events?
How about one of those giant hamster balls you can crawl in? Those might be good for water disasters.

What about sporadic tornado outbursts? Can you get secured in time for a fast micro burst that'll take your roof off while your dinner is still hot?

I'm prepared mentally, the rest will come naturally. I also have a decent food supply just in case I fall apart mentally.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yeah, we're prepared but some people make preps and freak out. They might have prepared physically but not emotionally. In the mist of doom I don't really want to hear anybody screaming, "I've made preparations and there still in the house." Knowing their luck it's in the event of an earthquake. It's sad sometimes.

I asked myself why should I prepare if there's a chance there's no way to survive. What am I going to do with all this stuff if nothing happens? Will I be upset that I spent so much money and energy? The answer I came to was briefly covered it in my original post:

You may think, "what am I going to do with all this stuff if nothing happens"? I answered that question for myself; It's always better to be prepared than not. There are so many disasters these days, so you should have an emergency preparedness kit and plan for any situation. Depending on location, some situations are unavoidable, so you must also unfortunately always be prepared for death, rebirth or whatever you want to call it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
If being prepared gives you peace of mind, well prepare away.
I think that ill live my life as i have been, and if something happens,
well ill be with my wife and kids when and if it does.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Do you have Kurt Saxon's survivalist books? Are you prepared for a sudden drop in continent? As in, "uh oh, my town is sliding down into the water underground!" Do you have your scuba gear in the basement ready for any water events? How about one of those giant hamster balls you can crawl in? Those might be good for water disasters. What about sporadic tornado outbursts? Can you get secured in time for a fast micro burst that'll take your roof off while your dinner is still hot?

I also briefly covered this in my original post. It is impossible to prepare for EVERY situation, mainly because every location on this planet has it's own scenarios that are unsurvivable.

Depending on location, some situations are unavoidable, so you must also unfortunately always be prepared for death, rebirth or whatever you want to call it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

I hear this from most people. But some of us must try to survive and not just give up. We can't let only elitists survive so they can implement their N.W.O. agenda.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Are you prepared to die at any time, or die for what you believe in? When you can answer that question within 1 second, then you are ready... as ready as one can be I guess.

If you are ready to die, you can relax and enjoy life as long as possible knowing that your natural instinct will kick in when it is needed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I believe in freedom, which seems to be running dry in the US... so yes, I would die for what I believe in. I believe our governments have failed us and have a hidden, global agenda. Maybe it's because I'm from Texas, but I don't believe in giving up and I'm not afraid to die for freedom and protect the constitution. I took that oath back in '91 and served my country. I got an honorable discharge in '99. But I still hold to that oath and will not go down without a fight.
edit on 26-9-2011 by my3911 because: Correction

top topics

join