It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O spotted over Arbroath, Scotland 4am G.M.T 26/09/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just made a few posts on ATS (incidently one about the humming noise i've heard the past couple of weeks) and then took my dog for a walk, i was looking up reminding myself that i really should get tound to asking the good folks at ATS what the very bright celestial body, slightly to the East almost overhead could be, i turned to face the other way, to walk home and i spotted an object to the North, it caught my eye as it was almost as bright as the object overhead.
As i walked along it started to look like i was seeing flashes of colour and that the object was travelling slowly North. At this point i was still walking through the dark park, there were only thin clouds to the South and clear skies ahead. As i walked home and kept watching it it dawned on me that it could possibly be a plane heading to Aberdeen, perhaps a little off course and the colour flashes may have been a trick of the light.
As i reached my house i took a look over my garden wall to see if I could still see this over the roof of the flats in the next street over and I could, so i went upstairs and grabbed my binoculars. With the aid of these i could see that the light itself was white but there were indeed flashes of colour, definitely at least one shade of blue and what may have been yellow or green (i'm colour blind and may have seen both and not known), the Object itself sort of looked like a disc with triangular panels converging to a point underneath, kind of like the shape of a cut diamond, with a circular light under each edge, the faces of the triangle panels underneath were also luminous, with a white that matched the tint and brightness of the circular ones and it was from the panels the flashes of colour eminated while the circular lights appeared white.

I could try and take a photo but the object is very far away and we all know that all i would get is a dot of light, my video camera would be equally useless.

I was wondering if the good folks at A.T.S might have an idea what i might have just seen?

edit on 9/25/11 by djz3ro because: Taking the bold off the title

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

It was a weather balloon. Don't need to worry, swamp gas is prevalent in your area. Nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

i was looking up reminding myself that i really should get tound to asking the good folks at ATS what the very bright celestial body, slightly to the East almost overhead could be

Jupiter...I am pretty sure.
Cool ufo story, can't shed any light on that though I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm in Dundee, not sure about your UFO, but the celestial body is Sirius I think...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by x TAM x
I'm in Dundee, not sure about your UFO, but the celestial body is Sirius I think...

Scratch that, Sirius is closer to the eastern horizon... Directly overhead is Orion according to Google skymap on my fone, so Betelguese perhaps.

I'd go outside and look, but i am working.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Wowo haha

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great story, Am from Arbroath in all and have seen alot of crazy stuff going on in the skies above the toon and at close quaters too!!

The most recent thing i have seen was a second sun about a month ago, i was half way along the Vikki park and the sun was setting behind where the old folks home used to be at the cliffy but in the sky was this big orange lookin planet object to the left of where the sun was going down. it looked just like some of the other sun anomalies that have been filmed the past couple of months, it wasnt a sun dog or a relection of any kind. i have it filmed on my phone and will get it on youtube at some point when i get ma finger oot.

Good to know other Ufo'ers are kicking about the toon too

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by djz3ro

It was a weather balloon. Don't need to worry, swamp gas is prevalent in your area. Nothing to see here.

Is this some sort of pre-emptive strike that attempts to marginalize anyone who tries to explore non-ET explanations for this sighting?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm sure it's what I spotted in the East the other night. I think it was Sirius, but some folk say Jupiter. I could probably find it on a star map in 5 minutes but I really couldn't be bothered.

Keep looking up. ET (whoever he is) visits Scotland a lot.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by LV426
Great story, Am from Arbroath in all and have seen alot of crazy stuff going on in the skies above the toon and at close quaters too!!

The most recent thing i have seen was a second sun about a month ago, i was half way along the Vikki park and the sun was setting behind where the old folks home used to be at the cliffy but in the sky was this big orange lookin planet object to the left of where the sun was going down. it looked just like some of the other sun anomalies that have been filmed the past couple of months, it wasnt a sun dog or a relection of any kind. i have it filmed on my phone and will get it on youtube at some point when i get ma finger oot.

Good to know other Ufo'ers are kicking about the toon too

i just moved here four months, i'm an angus lad originally but lived in Dundee since '97.

I've seen a few things, a few obvious chinese lanterns butg last night was the first time i've had a chance to grab my binocs and get a look. A mate of mine saw a green flashing light stationed high above his in Mayf and he text me later saying it changed colour a few times. With Condor being nearby and the docomissioned Edzell base (there are miles of underground tunnels at Edzell, my Grandad was taken down one during WWII and was blindfolded and taken on a golf cart and driven to the briefing room, he said they drove about 5 mins.

Obviously Leuchars is just over the water too, i sat and watched strange lights above there with friends one night, on St Andrews beach, these lights came rolling down a hilltop and then took off into the air and dissappeared quickly, orange in colour and different sized orbs, there was no noise but it freaked us all out, i think i have the video but it was taken on an old phone and i dunno where the file it atm. it isn't great quality either.

I also heard 3 loud booms in the air towards condor a month or 2 back? You could actually feel the movement in the air, it was very strange, can't remember the date but it was mid afternoon on a friday

And finally the rumbling sound, last week i was in the bathroom and had the living room window open, i heard a noise like a plane engine going overhead but sounded stationary but increasing in pitch slowly, but it went on too loud for too long and just stopped after about 45 seconds

There's certainly something going on, i keep my video camera charged and in my pocket now, just in case and i'll certainly have it on me all day tomorrow!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Yes. Sorry if it offended.

top topics

join