It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet wormer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
first,i am not a vet or doctor.this is a practice i use on my pets though.with fall now here and rain returning,mosquitoes will be making a return.one of the worst things that can happen to a dog is heart and lung worms.a symptom of it is continual hacking by the animal.my dogs had this problem and as my income is very low,i ask some old timers.the answer i got was tobacco.i had a dog with beginning symptoms so i tried it.i took a cigarette,and broke the filter off .then i took one of my prized twinkies and with a ink pen i poked a hole in the end,then i shoved the cigarette in.i fed this to my dog.a couple of days later i did it again.by the end of a week,my dog had quit coughing and gagging.i have done this every year for six years and have seen no more symptoms.it also seems to work to kill intestinal worms too.my dog weighs about eighty pounds.do the math for the right amount .also change up the treat as the dog gets wise over time and eating tobacco is no fun.maybe meatballs or some other treat.may our pets live long healthy lives.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I'm familiar with this practice with horses. Tobacco is supposed to be very effective. I am not sure I would try it with regular cigarettes because of all the other crap they add to the tobacco!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by robomont

that is interesting to read. while it makes sense there had to be old school remedies for pets & livestock, that old wisdom is no doubt hard to come by. personally i take my dog to the vet for check-ups and such but we don't have children, an incredible expense in most peoples lives. so there's spending loot for the pup instead.

i wonder what the difference is of unwanted additives when comparing the tobacco in a manufactured cigarette, tobacco in a tin for making your own, and chewing tobacco. on the big picture it probably does not much matter, as the amount consumed is so little.

you might be able to help a lot of dog people. gather up as much do-it-yourself home remedies and care / maintenance how-to, and assemble it into a pamphlet or a book. times are getting tougher and our four legged friends shouldn't have to suffer because of all those jack-asses in WashDC!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I find this very interesting. I am stopping tobacco and have done so before... but I can't deny I enjoy it at times... but it is poisonous and becomes painful.

This brought me to the conclusion that with all the people in the world who smoke and have this habit that makes them sick and tired... it's obviously a powerful drug.

And perhaps it is simply being used wrong.
I began thinking of old folk lore or shaman ways and was going to look some things up.

this thread reminds me and is an example of alternative use that I am thinking about.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by robomont

that is interesting to read. while it makes sense there had to be old school remedies for pets & livestock, that old wisdom is no doubt hard to come by. personally i take my dog to the vet for check-ups and such but we don't have children, an incredible expense in most peoples lives. so there's spending loot for the pup instead.

i wonder what the difference is of unwanted additives when comparing the tobacco in a manufactured cigarette, tobacco in a tin for making your own, and chewing tobacco. on the big picture it probably does not much matter, as the amount consumed is so little.

you might be able to help a lot of dog people. gather up as much do-it-yourself home remedies and care / maintenance how-to, and assemble it into a pamphlet or a book. times are getting tougher and our four legged friends shouldn't have to suffer because of all those jack-asses in WashDC!

i believe knowledge should be available to the masses at a low price like a library.thats why im on ats.share and share alike:-)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hahahaha, if i was the dog i would stop hacking too if i got tabacco shoved down my throat every time i did.. jj

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
this struck a bell since i quit smoking only about 12 days ago cold turkey (no patch, etc) and havent even thought of a cig for days till now (thanks!)

anyway, must be the FORMALDEHYDE and other nicotine fixers in the processed, dessicated, filled excuse for tobacco. its hardly natural.

whats a bettter natural wormer? PUMPKIN. various varieties, the ones that are yellow. but you'd need to eat about 2-3 lbs of it daily for a few days . i eat pumpkin alot but not for treating worms.

heck but i do like my steak med rare.(but i only eat beef/mammals if offered)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
this struck a bell since i quit smoking only about 12 days ago cold turkey (no patch, etc) and havent even thought of a cig for days till now (thanks!)

anyway, must be the FORMALDEHYDE and other nicotine fixers in the processed, dessicated, filled excuse for tobacco. its hardly natural.

whats a bettter natural wormer? PUMPKIN. various varieties, the ones that are yellow. but you'd need to eat about 2-3 lbs of it daily for a few days . i eat pumpkin alot but not for treating worms.

heck but i do like my steak med rare.(but i only eat beef/mammals if offered)

does pumpkin pie count?

at least roasted pumpkin seeds?

I could eat a lllllot of pumpkin pie.

I wonder who has the worlds best pumpkin pie.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hot peppers and chilies work too. Ever wonder why all underdeveloped countries have a few really hot foods or even incorporate hot chilies into their diet? Patrasites.

Does a good job on just about anything too.... my dogs like meat. We like hot peppers...so, after a tasty meal of home cooked BBQ chicken or some especially spicy Chinese food...a few of the leftovers go to dogs.... yes it's hot, but so good...that like us, they can't stop eating till it's gone.

Cayenne works the best for a regular treatment.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

I wouldn't give store bought tobacco to a dog, it has way too many weird and strange chemicals, as well as the chemicals that we know about. I would think to give an animal tobacco for worms, it should be the naturally grown organic kind.

Pure, unspiced PUMPKIN
is great for dogs, it also regulates their bowels, if they're having bathroom problems. Helps them if their stomachs are upset too.

I had a friend that used to give the worming tablets to all of her pets and her kids and herself every couple of months. She didn't give any to her husband, he was overweight so she didn't worm him

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow, that's very interesting. I like learning about stuff like that...I wonder how it works and all of that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The nicotine kills. No bug has ever built up any immunity to it.

Another method is to sprinkle DE (diatomaceous earth) on their food and coat. This kills them too.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Three years ago someone told me they gave their HORSE chewing tobacco for dewormer prevention.I would check it out on the interent before giving any pet or person any alternative drug items. I know my sister inlaw cuts the dosage in half for the Heart worm prevention pills. I give my dos theirs every six weeks instead of four to save money. I had I dog as a child, who got worms, because my mother didn't do preventionmedication. The dog was misserable until we got it starightened out. My dogs don't need much, so I make sure to do the proper vaccines and preventitive worm meds. Buy from the pet mobile it's cheaper. No veternarian office visit bill. Pets are worth the effort, they are so loyal and loving!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The tobacco parasite treatment thing (at least for horses) goes way back, to before cigarettes were manufactured industrially, so I doubt it is the formaldihyde.

top topics

join