It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Ripple Wave Cloud Patterns over NYC Week of Sept 17-Sept 24, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
what the heck is going on, causing this? i dont know how to video/post yet and its too late to catch it but the repeating patter in unbelievable as if its a holograph, or someones stamping patterns in the clouds, and tonite wasnt the worst nite cuz it was setting up to rain but its noticeable weird off and on for the past week.

i googled and heres what i found:

heres Sept 17, over nyc:

heres today/lastnite over nyc

oh and heres over MN & KS

sorry for posting so many yt but im trying to compare and understand
is it natural? scalar? or man made

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I would not want to be caught in that last one. That cloud was scary. I've never seen clouds like that before.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Here are a few of my own to add - a few weeks prior to yours but unusual nevertheless:

September 15, 2011

September 9, 2011

September 5, 2011

Glad to see you back on the boards, Ignant, after those jerks earlier tonight!! I have no idea what's going on with the skies but they've definitely been looking ominous lately.

TG

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I see absolutely nothing unusual in your pictures...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
HARRP aint involved in any of that...they are all naturally occurring!

2nd

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
heheh, well i vowed to take the weekend and here we are late Fri nite

i just got from my first nite ever, clubbing. i'd say for half of the people socializing thinks are no worry in the world, and maybe the other half of people i got into some intellectual chat, people do mention 'its (like) the end of the world' or some variation without me bringing it up.

so i know its not all in my head but may still be paranoia (or intoxicated or buzzed younger young adults with alot happening around their world lately)

there was a low humm u can really hear/feel as it its right on top of you which seems to start somewheres between 3 and 4 but lot last too long (minutes?). i wondered if timidgal/you continue to have any new sound experiences since she's around the same good. i think bout half of it is some strain of paranoia. i surely dont want anything bad to happen, ie, haarp used as a weapon. i think thats the sad part, haarp/research has been confirmed since decades ago and when the PRaarp Irene vid was released, nbc (on the weekend of irene when they know most ppl would be bracing indoors) was quick to air some stupid 'cloud seeding' is a myth on local tv - thats how dumbed down they expect sheeple r these days

im only in nyc area since july & till 10/2 anyways, once get back to work am also working on my new home, and just put down fall evergreens i hope to see mature in to a forest!

well hoping to enjoy my last weekend out n about here starting later this sat mornin. take care yall have a good once be back (by) monday!

oh sorry in the OP i posted the wring MN (3rd vid) here it is
www.youtube.com...

its blurry though

edit on 25-9-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I have noticed ripply clouds the past few days and last night around 2 or 3 am i was fascinated watching the really strange cloud formations while on the phone with my sig other. One thing he and i talk about a lot is this very subject. I dont know why but the sky at my location has become a regular topic but i suppose its due to our distance and it how I just cant help but discuss stuff i find interesting in nature.. anyway. I immediately said to him that the sky was interesting because the clouds were insanely bright. They started really normal in appearance but very smooth straight and fat linear clouds. They were also accompanied by some stratocumulus of a ragged and uneven nature. Nothing too odd until the ripples began and i have seen this before and call it earthquake clouds.

Trying to describe it to my guy i noticed a strange rippling of another nature which was almost what appeared to be an actual wave of disturbance to these thin horizontally oriented clouds..it was moving in a direction right to left and of a vertical nature. It at one point had the clouds torn up but they manged to keep the horizontal nature in the end. The vertical wave of ripple clouds had a slight bowed shape too which gave a spherical shape of the energy or whatever was propelling through. All cloud movements were slow and i could not attribute it to anything meteorological though i tried very hard to. Airmasses colliding and different amouts of shear and temperature differences just couldnt cut it for these spaghetti thin clouds. What was stranger was how they showed up rather quickly and the whole thing lasted no more than 10 or 15 minutes. I wanted pictures but my camera just cant capture night shots of stuff like that. I tried the other night and tonight my guy told me to draw it or something, which was not needed cause I went inside and googled.

Below is a link to what i found to be informative and awesome. The pics are so similar and the fact that this kind of thing exists..its awesome. I am a newb to earthquake research and all but not to other things like meteorology. Ive only noticed these clouds a few times and have been interested to note earthquake activity of significance around the time i see it to check for correlations of any sort. This is harder than it looks since earthquakes are numerous lately all over the world but its still interesting.

As for haarp...i have to say i dont think electromagnetic waves comimg from a Near Vertical Incidence Skywave antenna array can do that. Cause virginia and alaska are a pretty far distance and nvis is favoured for shorter distances. But i am just thinking in terms of an amateur radio operator with limited antenna experience.. hopefully i have shared some kind of valueable info. I think just because science doesnt agree 100 percent that it should not be discounted ever that earthquakes have precursors of different types and that humans can sense some of them as well. Pseudoscience or not..
www.terraresearch.net... ml

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You might be interested in this formation, newly designated as 'Undulatus asperatus'

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beautiful_clouds.JPG

picture from Wiki.

Best described as like looking at the surface of water from beneath, they are beautiful, but scary too. They have appeared several times over N. Ireland, the link ones are from Albania and they have been seen in the US as well.
The 'Hemorrhoid' clouds in your video are well known, also called 'Tornado' clouds and I forget the proper name. I'll look for other links, but with all the dark, thin low clouds in abundance over the last ten years, it makes you think that Earth's albedo is being well catered for, one way or the other.

If the link doesn't work, copy and paste to find a google page to click on.
edit on 25-9-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Mammatus.

Though I like your name better.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Wow...uh OP take a few moments and learn about clouds.......

Clouds

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Heres one

Almost looks photoshopped

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

That's the one, (you'd think it would be an easy name to remember using word association!) I hope you were able to get that particular pic of UA, at wiki click on for the full size. There are other threads about clouds on ATS, you could use Mammatus on the search to locate them,
cheers Smurfy.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-9-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I'd call that Mammaryatus manipulatae Digitalis

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by smurfy

Heres one

Almost looks photoshopped

That looks photoshopped..

edit on 26-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

these are normal clouds? what is the issue ?

Video one - Cirrocumulus undulatus - caused by wind sear

Video two - normal cloud cover - not chem trails they are vapor trails

Video three - Cirrocumulus mamma / storm clouds

this is all nature, sorry if you thought it was haarp

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well then you and I must have grown up in VERY different locations because these are nothing like the clouds we've had here in the Northeastern US for the last 35+ years. My comments were not so much that the clouds, themselves, were unusual but that they are diametrically different than the ones we typically have in this part of the US.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Geez... Who on earth said anything about HARP?? I swear that the HARP naysayers are the ones who mention the name more than anyone else...

Again, all that was being said was that the formations have changed from the type of clouds we have had in this part of the NE US for many years. Considering we're seeing all other types of weather changes, is it beyond reasonable consideration that the type of clouds are changing as well? That's all I was saying - nothing conspiracy-based here. Take a moment and read the words please!!!

new topics

top topics

join