It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Time - New Justin Timberlake Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Storyline

In the not-too-distant future the aging gene has been switched off.

To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency and the way people pay for luxuries and necessities.

The rich can live forever, while the rest try to negotiate for their immortality.

A poor young man who comes into a fortune of time, though too late to help his mother from dying.

He ends up on the run from a corrupt police force known as 'time keepers'.
www.imdb.com...
Saw the previews to this movie tonight and it looks like it will be great. It is certainly an interesting topic and one we are used to seeing over and over again here on the threads of ATS.

The Elite have taken over the world while the poor scramble through the streets like animals.
It is the world of the future and the wealthy can afford to buy more years on their life and do not seem to age but the poor age fast and die young. Justin Timberlake plays a poor guy who hooks up with one of the daughters of the Elite (Amanda Seyfried) and has inherited more time to live, not sure how - kind of a windfall. It is what we imagine the end result will be if the division between the wealthy and the poor grows.
It has similarities to our society taken to the worst case scenario. You could draw some stark and uncomfortable comparisons. It looks like it is going to be an interesting movie subject. Guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with the script and how Justin Timberlake makes it in a lead role.

edit on 25-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think the prospect of time travel is interesting but its been done before in movies. I just see this as another in the line of unoriginal hollywood rehashes of movies long forgotten.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientAstronaut
I think the prospect of time travel is interesting but its been done before in movies. I just see this as another in the line of unoriginal hollywood rehashes of movies long forgotten.

This movie isn't about time travel at all and it isn't out yet. I loved the trailer...It might not become a classic but compared to some of the stuff that is out there I think this is something I could get interested in and talking about. It is kind of spooky. If the movie is as good as the trailer it should be great.

Oh and welcome to ATS.
edit on 25-9-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientAstronaut

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, considering the movie ITSELF isn't about time travel in the least. It's about the ageing gene being switched off, and people have TIME as currency. When it hits 0:00:00, you die.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least make it a somewhat informed one.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatWhiteFilms
reply to post by AncientAstronaut

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, considering the movie ITSELF isn't about time travel in the least. It's about the ageing gene being switched off, and people have TIME as currency. When it hits 0:00:00, you die.

If you're going to have an opinion, at least make it a somewhat informed one.

Thank you. Welcome and have a star.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That is deep, I want to see that one. I really hate if that happened in real life, some of us will have to ban together and take down the elites.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's a very nice twist on the old "steal from the rich and give to the poor" story. But this time our Robin Hood is stealing time/life so the stakes are much more high.

If they figure out how to make Humans live forever it's possible that they will still need to place a limit on a persons life span, otherwise the Earth would quickly become overflowing with people.

And once people are having a limit placed on their life it's only natural to assume that more "important" and "wealthy" people will buy more time for themselves.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
yea too bad its justin timberlake

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientAstronaut

Read much!?
Anyways, it does look like a great movie and a spin on robin hood. Thanks OP!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I remember this concept of "time=currency" from an old movie or something. Maybe it was a twilight zone episode? I saw it probably about 15 years ago. People paid for everything with time and it was used like a swiping device. Does anyone else remember seeing a show like that?

Either way, the movie looks like it will be really good!
edit on 25-9-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: added info

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

Is this it?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

Is this it?

That looks like it to me. I think it is a pretty cool plot for a movie if they do it right. starz

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by killuminatiXIII

Say what you want about his music, but he has (for me) proved himself a worthy actor time and time again.

I will be looking out for this one.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Two big thumbs up for this movie. A very anti-NWO movie, very well done. I see "time" in the movie as a metaphor for "money" in our real world, and how the elites artificially control the supply and cost of money to keep the people desperate and running around just trying to survive. Doubtless the message will soar over the heads of most of the sheeple, unnoticed.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Two big thumbs up for this movie. A very anti-NWO movie, very well done. I see "time" in the movie as a metaphor for "money" in our real world, and how the elites artificially control the supply and cost of money to keep the people desperate and running around just trying to survive. Doubtless the message will soar over the heads of most of the sheeple, unnoticed.

Finally got to see it yesterday and I quite agree. I am not sure the message will be lost on most people though. We are subtly reminded that something "like it" happens in the here and now everyday.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by killuminatiXIII

Say what you want about his music, but he has (for me) proved himself a worthy actor time and time again.

I will be looking out for this one.

I saw it even though the critics panned it but, I thought the message and his acting were quite good.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can wait and will give it a redbox rent.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
I saw it even though the critics panned it but, I thought the message and his acting were quite good.

Are you trying to tell me that Timberlake's attempt at crying didn't prompt a ferocious uproar of laughter from the entire cinema?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallethix

Are you trying to tell me that Timberlake's attempt at crying didn't prompt a ferocious uproar of laughter from the entire cinema?

It was a matinee and so there were only about a dozen people there. They couldn't create an uproar. I don't remember that scene but as long as he delivered his lines and didn't bump into the furniture I would have said he was good as I have rather low expectations from him to begin with. Did you ever see the old sci-fi movie with the ATS cult following called "They Live?" That's what I call bad acting. Compared to the lead in that sad flick JT should get an Oscar.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Did you ever see the old sci-fi movie with the ATS cult following called "They Live?" That's what I call bad acting.

Yea, but that's a prime example of when something is so bad, it's good
Plus, In Time actually tries to take itself seriously, They Live doesn't.

Not to mention, They Live has such wonderfully choreographed fight scenes like this:

edit on 12-12-2011 by fallethix because: bad grammar

<<   2 >>

join